It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special Request from a sick little girl-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleggy
well the @msn.com
is kinda a give away....
there wasnt really a need to trace it

Not all MSN accounts are hotmail. It can go to a regular home MSN account.

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
oh yeh thats true, forget u americans can have MSN as an ISP,

why anyone would ever want to tho ?!?!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Only because they have no other choice, I'd imagine.

BTW, since that account is packed full, either that little girl has more email than she'll be able to read for a few months, or another spammer has a nice list of gullible people's emails.

[Edited on 12-28-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
no doubt we will soon see.......

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
to the readers of ATS- Sounds to me as if the other 250 or so that believe an honest appeal overran her account at MSN-

Remember she lives in Homer, Alaska everyone- my guess is she probaly is a subscriber to msn due to the lack of a big ISP in her area. Things are different here in our state- especially a fishing community as Homer.

Maybe my reaction to reading this letter was different than some- however I tend to forget that many things here are more different than living in the concrete jungles, we tend to assist folks in need here. If you break down on the road here many people will stop to help- and folks will go out of the way to assist a neighbor.

Tommorow I will call Homer , I have a friend there- and maybe I can get her mailing address for those that doubt.

An update soon, Journey is on it!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

Tommorow I will call Homer , I have a friend there- and maybe I can get her mailing address for those that doubt.

An update soon, Journey is on it!

If you can, I would like it. I would like to send her a card, or something.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Milk]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
classic scam.. like someone with 17% lung capacity is going to browsing through email by well-wishers. Prayers are fine.. but the email thing screams hoax.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I remember they made a movie about a little british boy with lukemia or cancer or something, and he was dying and his wish was to get into the Guiness Book for having the most cards sent to him. It was his dream, and it helped him, i believe, get thru that terrible time. Anyways, it ended up a few miracles later and an operation, he lived and still has the title for the most cards. It's really not that unusual for people to want to do that.

I don't believe this latest one posted here is an email scam though, call it a hunch, it was in the newspapers and easy to find out if it was indeed a hoax or not.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleggy
it probably is a hoax, but i will send an email anyway.

i think the risk of my inbox being spammed is worth it to make someone a little happier,
i cant believe some people care more about their inbox's than a person

Sending spam is illegal here in the U.S. now. You are a spammer by sending that email.
"Don't do the crime if you don't want to spend the time."

Some people are so gullable.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Actually, SPAM is what UNWANTED email is referred to as... If you ask for it, it cannot be considered SPAM... Thats why if you put your name on a list, you cant go after them for spamming you...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
classic scam.. like someone with 17% lung capacity is going to browsing through email by well-wishers. Prayers are fine.. but the email thing screams hoax.

Actually, you are right- she does not have time-for she is in St.louis, St. Louis Children's Hospital to be exact,
Being Evaluated to qualify for placement on the lungtransplant list

More to follow people- won't be long now. Thanks for the consideration showed by some, and others will soon realize HOW WRONG THEY ARE

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'd like to add a name here.

Another sick little girl. Josie needs your support.

My ex, er, I mean this little girl is suffering from an advance stage of biotchilism and has but one dying wish. She wants thousands of well wishing e-mails hoping they find a cure for whatever is wrong with her.

Please help. Her e-mail is...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Orrrrrrrrr her inbox could be full cuz someone *cough**cough* just sent an email with a HUGE attachment....There could be just 1 email in there...but this is prolly just a scam to harvest emails...dont send anything to it....When I lived in Alaska the Frontiersman had quality news...if they are reporting this...they ahve gone to #.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Actually, when I was a kid (statute of limitations long since expired) I found a way to phone spam people.

I accidentally dialed into the Otis Elevator hotline which asked for a passcode. It was 1-2-3-4. (Tight knit group, huh?) Then it asked for the 'new' phone number.

I put in a 'friend' of mine's and forgot about it. A few weeks later when this friend was bitching about calls in the middle of the night from people stuck in elevators all over the country, I used that number for MONTHS to torment people until they finally changed the code.

Good times.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   

it probably is a hoax, but i will send an email anyway.

i think the risk of my inbox being spammed is worth it to make someone a little happier,
i cant believe some people care more about their inbox's than a person

Sending spam is illegal here in the U.S. now. You are a spammer by sending that email.
"Don't do the crime if you don't want to spend the time."

You know...that's what Junk Mail folders and spam blockers are for. If it's legit, great. If not, then another spam e-mail gets blocked....big deal... I did some quick research on this, and if it's a hoax, it's pretty elaborate....

But my e-mail is sent... they can spam away for all I care... And as one mentioned, if it's requested, it isn't spam I'm sending, so no harm no foul there.....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
I remember they made a movie about a little british boy with lukemia or cancer or something, and he was dying and his wish was to get into the Guiness Book for having the most cards sent to him.

www.snopes.com...

There was an internet rumor spread by e-mail that the little boy (who really exists in real life) would get in the G.B.O.W.R. for e-mails recieved also. This turned out to be a hoax. Only the "real" letters recieved counted towards a record.

Guiness does not have a record for greatest e-mails recieved or anything like it.

From the Guiness Book webpage FAQ
Guinness World Records does not accept any records relating to chain letters, sent by post or e-mail. If you receive a letter or an e-mail, which may promise to publish the names of all those who send it on, please destroy it, it is a hoax. No matter if it says that Guinness World Records and the postal service are involved, they are not. We are sorry if you have been taken in by a chain letter claiming to be legitimate and are now disappointed to learn that it is not.

Thanks. Have a
day.

[Edited on 12-29-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
suffering from an advance stage of biotchilism

Is this fatal?
I hope the worlds Biotchologists can come up with a cure. I know several people who get mild cases every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the FAQ...I'll remember that one.... Seems like there are simpler ways to get e-mail addys....but, *shrug*

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

More to follow people- won't be long now. Thanks for the consideration showed by some, and others will soon realize HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Any updates on [email protected]??? We know she can't get in the Guiness Book this way. Has anybody broken the bad news to her?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join