It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush calls on Iran to free U.K. sailors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

CAMP DAVID, Md. -
President Bush on Saturday said
Iran's capture of 15 British sailors and marines was "inexcusable" and called for Iran to "give back the hostages" immediately and unconditionally.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Well, it's about time !!!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is going to turn into a "he said, she said" situation, sadly. (no pun intended)

I think Iran is scared, and trying to buy an out.

I hope I'm wrong, and I hope those Brits get home O.K.

Lex

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I bet if something goes wrong, the US will be in Iran dropping bombs days ahead of the UK. Bush is itching to go in there.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Impreza,
If you think going to war is funny, I pity you.

Why not try joining the military.

Or, are you not the military type ?

Just sit on the side-lines and make snide comments ?

Wondering,
Lex

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why should I go into the military? It's clear that this whole middle east situation has nothing to do with liberation of any nation. All I see are fat rich businessmen making a profit out of it while our soldiers are dying over there. Bring our troops home! End this bloodshed!

I'm so glad that this hostage situation did not happen to the US. The UK seems to be doing a fantastic job of handling the situation in a diplomatic manner, I'm very happy with the way they're handling things.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is Britain's problem, not the United States'. Bush is unlikely to take any military measures without Britain moving first.

Taking those service members hostage was a very stupid move, in my judgement, and unless there is a release soon, I do expect a military response.

It probably won't be on April 6th, however.

[edit on 2007/3/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ugh, why does Bush even feel the need to comment? I mean, it's not like the world doesn't already know that the US will support the UK - it'd be pretty stupid not to support one of your closest allies in the world, not to mention everyone already knows the tension between Iran and the US.. By commenting, he does nothing but ratchet up the tension another notch when it really doesn't need it..

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is another ploy of the elites to bring in a subtle response..that will lead into an even bigger respone..all of which are negitive..basically this is another type of Reason/Response agenda to lead into more war.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Seem to be no-one thinking why Iran kidnap the British marines at this time and what they want, what's their purpose?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
ugh, why does Bush even feel the need to comment? ...By commenting, he does nothing but ratchet up the tension another notch when it really doesn't need it..

The US has been quiet (at Britain's explicit request). I would venture that Bush made his comments at Britain's request to do so. The UK is running this situation and from what I've read the US has been following their lead. It may be that the UK has decided to turn up the ehat a bit.

new topics

top topics

join