It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics responds to Rosie the Ranter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
MAybe he can make a model of the WTC for us too. That was hysterical.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So you can tell how educated a person is by postings on the Internet poot?

Well, the way I can tell how "scientifically" educated someone is is how the utilize deductive reasoning, evidence, facts and how objective their statements are. The way you use "proofs" and "facts" leads me to believe that you might not have the credentials you present... maybe you do, but it is rare to find an engineer that does not back up what they say with empirical evidence and instead relies on the conjecture of others. One other thing you seem to do a lot is make exacting statements, that is, stating something is FACT when it is still in question or there are still reasonable doubts about said "facts. this is fairly rare behavior for an engineer.

There is far more money to be made in the private sector than working for the government so I would never work for the DoD, etc...

As far as my education, let me put it this way. If you asked me to provide you with blueprints(foundation to model), drawn or CAD of a structure, I would have no problem. I have drawn up homes and built(one built with my uncle) , and a few commercial buildings(also built by my uncle). I was undecided in the courses I took in college, and decided to not be an architect. However, the classes that I took educated me enough to have a rational discussion.

Now, again, usually when someone is college educated they say "I have a B.S. in EE" or "I have an M.S. in Management"... they do not spend a paragraph talking about single classes and strange scenarios. Remember, I am only posting this because you asked me to.

Originally posted by esdad71 By opposing my believe in the real story, you are endorsing Rosie as a spokesperson for your beliefs.

Just because I do not believe in the fantasy you call the "TRUE STORY" does not mean I "endorse Rosie". Maybe I do, but there are others here how do not believe your "TRUE STORY" and think Rosie should shut her hole.

It is this exact type of flawed logic than forces me to believe you have no formal engineering or scientific education.

In your mind disbelief in The Official Story of 9/11™ = Endorsing Rosie? That is HORRIBLE LOGIC.

Originally posted by esdad71 So, What do you think Rosie should do in repsone or has ANYONE from the truth movement contacted her?

I think she should keep on ASKING for EXPERTS and bringing up 9/11 as much as possible. It is kind of like reversing the tactics.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
When will you sheeple realize that you're being lied to? How many amateur documentaries must be made using stock footage before you believe that we're important?

ahahaha.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Now, again, usually when someone is college educated they say "I have a B.S. in EE" or "I have an M.S. in Management"... they do not spend a paragraph talking about single classes and strange scenarios. Remember, I am only posting this because you asked me to.

What world do you live in, your own. "People usually" and "everyone else" and "other people" and "I know everyone" are the phrases you use quite often. I am sorry if you cannot complete full paragraphs to express your thoughts as that must be extremely frustrating.

I have a degree, but you wanted to know why I am interested in the structural portion on these posts. It translates to I was going to school for Architecture and I have some real world experience, but I am not an expert.

Again, why are you defending Rosie since you already used some awesome descriptives of her in another post? That is right, you are not. You are wasting our time by attacking members who come here for discussion. You have become a troll man, and that is reallly sad. I hoped for more for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What world do you live in, your own. "People usually" and "everyone else" and "other people" and "I know everyone" are the phrases you use quite often.

Examples? Go ahead and search and post instead of making things up... it is against ATS rules to misquote another poster...

I have a degree, but you wanted to know why I am interested in the structural portion on these posts.

No. Again, do not misquote me. I straight up asked you: "What are your qualifications?" I do not care WHY you are interested in the structures.

Again, why are you defending Rosie since you already used some awesome descriptives of her in another post?

She is getting publicity for the topic and ANY publicity is good publicity.

You are wasting our time by attacking members who come here for discussion. You have become a troll man, and that is reallly sad. I hoped for more for you.

I am not ":attacking you... believe me Intrepid and the team are watching me very closely.

Troll? Nope. We just disagree and I call you out and you do not like it. You do not like me responding to and questioning a large quantity of your posts but I am just trying to discuss the issues at hand.

I believe that calli9ng me a troll is actually "an attack" according to ATS rules but I don't care because I can see that you are simply parroting that over and over in an attempt to have me silenced. Pretty weak and lame if you ask me. If you don;t like me... hit "IGNORE THIS USER." It is that simple.

"You expected more from me?" I am SLAP NUTS MAN (I wish I could have that name back)... I am POOTIE. I am ME. Your expectations are totally moot. I expect you to not state your opinion AS FACT like saying we shot down 93 or it was for sure heading for the White House. You provide NO SUPPORT for these "FACTS" you throw out and yes I will call you out EVERY SINGLE TIME you do that. It is debate... not attack

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

I disagree.

For the Truth community, a community struggling to establish credibility in mainstream culture and shed the stereotype of abrasive and paranoid, the endorsement of a woman largely considered to be the most abrasive person on earth is not good publicity.

Remember, it's not that people aren't aware of the Truth Movement, the problem is they don't respect the truth movement.

Therefore, a positive step would not be simply gaining ATTENTION, but gaining RESPECT.

Honestly...do you think Rosie brings that to the table?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Please focus your response(s) on the stated topic of discussion.

A reminder, folks ...

Any further discussion or response directed towards a fellow member's character or person will result in a staff warning.

This includes everyone and applies across the board.

... now, back to the topic of discussion:

[edit on 4-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Slaps, why didn't you say so. I am glad to see you back. I thought the men in black got you..
I felt a distrubance in the Force.

Bottom line is that I think she is doing damage for a movement already plagued with problems. Why has there been no response from them to Rosie, at least I cannot find it? I have asked that a few times.

I also believe through research that the WTC conspiracy fodder is created to divert attention from Flight 93. This is an opinion, not a fact.

as far as 93, that is not in this thread but there was one confession in 2002 stating it was headed to the White House or the Capitol building because they were recognizable landmarks. Zawahari confirmed this later also.

Now, what other type of investigation needs to be done?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Originally posted by Pootie

I disagree.

For the Truth community, a community struggling to establish credibility in mainstream culture and shed the stereotype of abrasive and paranoid, the endorsement of a woman largely considered to be the most abrasive person on earth is not good publicity.

Remember, it's not that people aren't aware of the Truth Movement, the problem is they don't respect the truth movement.

Therefore, a positive step would not be simply gaining ATTENTION, but gaining RESPECT.

Honestly...do you think Rosie brings that to the table?

Well sorry to say but the entire level of debate is in the gutter, Rosie or no.

The attackers are a bunch of media hitmen and loathesome cretins--O'Reilly, Hannity, Scarborough, that ridiculous ex-child actor Danny Buttafuco or whatever, open-shirted and dripping with chains--this is simply an appalling display of media hackery.

It's a sorry commentary on the state of what passes for debate in today's America. We have fallen to hitherto unplumbed depths of ignorance, fatuousness and vacuousness.

I personally believe the devolution of the MSM is in itself a conspiracy--part of the larger effort to erase thought and logic from the American scene. Treat us like mindless 13 year olds. It's a pathetic spectacle that turns my stomach.

Go to Google video and search for any speech given by Ike or JFK, watch it, and reflect upon the depth and quality of discourse and thought in comparison to the mindless drivel that comes out of Washington or the boobtoob today. It's a revelation.

/end rant.

That said, in such an overflowing gutter, Rosie doesn't do any harm, maybe some good.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by gottago]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
It's a sorry commentary on the state of what passes for debate in today's America. We have fallen to hitherto unplumbed depths of ignorance, fatuousness and vacuousness.

America is ruled by hollywood and credit card companies?

I wanna know how these actors are gonna support themselves when no-one in america has enough money left to rent thier movies and buy the garbage that they push on TV and no one has enough common sense to do anything else productive but borrow money?

[edit on 4-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Residual Self Image

When evaluating the mass media and perceptions of who Americans really are, I think it is wise to bear in mind that almost all of the information provided to us comes to us via the mass media.

Can it be trusted?

There's a staggering amount of deception and manipulation in modern media, which continues a long and glorious tradition of deception and manipulation in traditional media.

My advice:

1. Consider the source.

2. Trust no one.

3. Suspect everyone.

4. Question everything.

And above all, remember that we are all fallible and probably more wrong about everything than we'll ever be able to know.

[edit on 4/4/2007 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I believe some of you are forgeting that over 60% of the people in the USA believe that there is a 9/11 cover up. Rosie is getting those people that never heard of a 9/11 cover up to start thinking about it . That is a good thing!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Killing this response as I saw the super moderator's statement after I wrote it.

Back on topic. Rosie is not exactly the right voice for this however, I do believe that any publicity is good publicity on this.

Plus, to make sure this point is made clear. Rosie is not MAKING statements. She is ASKING for people that KNOW what they are talking about to come on the show and state the facts of the physics involved. These are the very people that some are saying don't exist. The MANY experts that state the 'official' story is a farce.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by dariousg]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I disagree.

You are entitled to, but you then place yourself at odds with a ton of marketing executives and publicists who repeat this mantra on a daily basis and guess what? IT WORKS.

The "movement" establishes more credibility when Bill O or another MSM dill hole tries to call EVERYONE nuts. You can only play the "whack job" card so many times before even the most brainwashed dittohead sees through it.

I disagree. the audience of the veiw probably knows very little about alternative theory. If they were polled and asked if they knew that building 7 fell that day I would surmise only a small fraction would even know about that... This is the audience that NEEDS to be exposed and that respects Rosie because she is a "strong woman"
sad, but true.

In a time when we have been getting NEITHER... I'll take Attention, but I also think you fail to see that just because YOU do not respect Rosie that there is a VERY large demographic of what we call "sheeple" that do. So, you think she sucks? Cool. My mom doesn't, she thinks she is great, funny and amazingly self confident in the face of her many, many visible flaws.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sheeple...tsk tsk tsk. Rosie O'donnell it seems has to attempt to spread the 'message' to the housewives who watch the show and have no idea what went on during 9/11? That is what was posted. IN addition, if you polled the viewers, you know what the results would be. In truth, we have no idea.

However, the people who watch shows of that capacity are generally looking for gossip and hollywood news, would you not agree? I mean, she argued that 9/11 was done to cover up Enron. I mean, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, and she bought a toothpick with her remark.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Slaps, why didn't you say so. I am glad to see you back. I thought the men in black got you..
I felt a distrubance in the Force.

I changed jobs, lost my password and access to my old email account so I have to be Pootie for now. Thanks for the hello.

Bottom line is that I think she is doing damage for a movement already plagued with problems.

Like I said in the other thread... any pub is good pub according to most publicists and marketing firms so I have to assume they are correct.

Why has there been no response from them to Rosie, at least I cannot find it? I have asked that a few times.

From PM? I do not know. I do not know why they responded to her the first time. It does not make sense unless they have a political agenda... at least in my mind.

I also believe through research that the WTC conspiracy fodder is created to divert attention from Flight 93. This is an opinion, not a fact.

Then we agree to disagree on this point?

Now, what other type of investigation needs to be done?

An international team needs to be assembled, they need to be allowed full and unfettered access to whatever physical evidence remains even if it has been probably "sanitized", they need subpoena power, they need access to original blueprints... basically the evidence needs to be "unsupressed" so an impartial, multi-national, thorough investigation can be conducted.

At least that is how I feel. The fact that the NIST will not release even the code for the "black box" computer modeling is highly disturbing to me. The fact that people are not being forced to testify under oath is disturbing. The removal and or total lack of physical evidence is disturbing. The "changing" official storis are disturbing. and on and on and on...

[edit: fixed quote tag]

[edit on 5-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sheeple...tsk tsk tsk. Rosie O'donnell it seems has to attempt to spread the 'message' to the housewives who watch the show and have no idea what went on during 9/11?

That is my belief.

That is what was posted. IN addition, if you polled the viewers, you know what the results would be. In truth, we have no idea.

Hence the reason I qualified the statement with the word "assume". In the zpgby poll very few people "remembered" WTC 7 so I am just trying to extrapolate based on that.

However, the people who watch shows of that capacity are generally looking for gossip and hollywood news, would you not agree?

Yes, but "the movement" needs NUMBERS... regardless of who they are. More people who do not believe is a good thing. I actually prefer that they simply do not agree with what the government has put forth than latch on to any particular alternative theory.

I mean, she argued that 9/11 was done to cover up Enron. I mean, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, and she bought a toothpick with her remark.

Hey... people here defend Bush, Silverstein, Mineta and Rummy for "misspeaking" or being incorrect... why not afford this same nicety to Rosie?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
She did not misspeak, or use a word out of context. She stated that 9/11 was a coverup for Enron. Then she said she wanted someone from Yale or Harvard to come prove that the WTC 7 was imploded.

She is spreading misinformation and is doing noting more than filling peoples head with more garbage. In the end I feel it was nothing than a half hearted left wing attack and she has a stage becasue she is on network TV. I am not stating that people should not speak out, but if you are going to, at least have it all in a row.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul3
I believe some of you are forgeting that over 60% of the people in the USA believe that there is a 9/11 cover up.

Can you give a source on that number?

I've heard it implied many times, but I've never seen the name of the poll.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I haven't seen a number quite that high (60%). One of the most recent was a Zogby International poll that showed only 47% were satisfied with the 9/11 panel's results. The remaining 53% were dissatisfied to some degree and believed that there was either a cover-up or that the government isn't releasing all the information. I don't believe I've ever seen a poll that asked if the U.S. was responsible. I don't think you would get many positives on that.

Zogby Poll

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join