It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engine Identifcation help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Could anyone give me some information about the engine of this plane, make & horse power.
Thanks

JRL Cycles LLC.

JRL Cycles in Black Hawk, South Dakota. The bike will be on display this year at the EAA flyin and air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and after that will be in Sturgis.

thekneeslider.com...

The Bike engine

The engine seems to be a 110hp 7 cylinder radial from Rotec Engineering.

West Coast Choppers

thekneeslider.com/images/radialbike.jpg

thekneeslider.com...

[edit on 31/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wow, cool bikes. The aircraft appears to be a T-28-D model. It is powered by a Wright-Cyclone R-1820-B or C engine. Appx 1425 hp. Non water injected, dual supercharged. Take off rpm is 2700 if I remember correctly. Propeller is Ham-Std 43d50 with manual control due to no Integral oil control & step head motor. It was used by the US Navy as a fully acrobatic trainer for almost 40 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
cool that was fast thanks very much. the bikes are different looking.

[edit on 31/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I posted this over on the Aircraft Projects Forum to get some info on the plane, cause a friend of mine bet me the bike engine was the same size as the planes.
It was easer to get an answer from Aircraft Projects Forum than argue with my buddy.
I got my answer, Hat Tip to mizzu :up

So anyway I thought it should be over in Auto seeing it has more bike than planes

I think the engines are interesting, but also wast of time for a bike. The man that has everything I guess.

Seeing my title to this thread is no longer pertinent, Anybody seen the Ghost Rider videos on YouTube

Ghost Rider

The trick is knowing your personal envelope, it is a rush riding the edge as they say. Fall of the edge and it's a another kind of rush.

Just to add I don't condone this kind of riding on the street, Yes he's good but the people in the cars aren't.., nuff said
The bike is a 1300cc Hayabusa, for anyones interest.

thekneeslider.com/images/newsuzukibking.jpg

~~
I can’t help but think the stunt crowd will snap up these bikes like crazy, after all, a sit up naked bike with Hayabusa power is what they want anyway, now they don’t have to strip off the bodywork, and just think of the after market this will spawn plus it will probably be able to use much of the Hayabusa add ons already out there. Neat.
thekneeslider.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I posted this over on the Aircraft Projects Forum to get some info on the plane, cause a friend of mine bet me the bike engine was the same size as the planes.
It was easer to get an answer from Aircraft Projects Forum than argue with my buddy.
I got my answer, Hat Tip to mizzu

So anyway I thought it should be over in Auto seeing it has more bike than planes

I think the engines are interesting, but also wast of time for a bike. The man that has everything I guess.

Seeing my title to this thread is no longer pertinent, Anybody seen the Ghost Rider videos on YouTube

Ghost Rider

The trick is knowing your personal envelope, it is a rush riding the edge as they say. Fall of the edge and it's a another kind of rush.

Just to add I don't condone this kind of riding on the street, Yes he's good but the people in the cars aren't..,

I believe the bike is a 1300cc Hayabusa similar to below, for anyones interest.

thekneeslider.com/images/newsuzukibking.jpg

~~
I can’t help but think the stunt crowd will snap up these bikes like crazy, after all, a sit up naked bike with Hayabusa power is what they want anyway, now they don’t have to strip off the bodywork, and just think of the after market this will spawn plus it will probably be able to use much of the Hayabusa add ons already out there. Neat.
thekneeslider.com...

[edit on 13/4/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Those are awesome bikes, I've never seen anything like that before. Good find.

I can't access YouTube from work, but I've seen most of the Ghost Rider videos, he is amazing. Have you ever seen the one where he races the M-Coupe? The driver of that car, really gives him a good run.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No I haven't seen it yet post it if you have it, heres another good one.

Ghost rider almost got caught!

[edit on 13/4/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

went and found the site.. it might add a little more info..

""It’s a Rotec's 7 cylinder 110HP R2800, and they make a Rotec's 9 cylinder 150HP R3600. This 80% Stearman is Under Construction. It’s the1st Chopper to have a R2800 Fitted. Credits go to: Rotec's Paul, Hevle's Eric (Stearman), Ron Herron (Little wing) and John Levey (JRL Motorcycles)""

found at...

www.bikernet.com...

**external info**
""How fast is it?

Calculated top speed for the bike pictured is 227 mph. I have had it over 50 in first gear, and it is a 6 speed overdrive transmission, so it seems about right. No, we have not been to the salt flats yet.

How does it ride?

Torque is what this bike is all about. At 160 ft.lbs., it is twice what a stock V-twin is. Pick a gear, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, let the clutch go and hang on. In 2nd gear it will pull just as hard as 1st, all the way to 100 mph!"""

found at ... look under FAQ when you get there..lol.. there are more specs there but wanted to let you find some for yourself..lol

www.jrlcycles.com...

[edit on 12/4/2007 by CHIYANNE for spelling]

[edit on 12/4/2007 by CHIYANNE]

top topics

join