It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Hope for Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I saw The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan (my hero!) do a special segment on this organization that helps spay and neuter and care for many homeless animals in Southern California and Tijuana, Mexico. I was so touched by the show that I wanted to get the word out about this organization the best I could.

So, I thought of ATS. Please visit the site and read a little about this fantastic program of volunteers. Thank you!

United Hope for Animals is a non-profit organization committed to ending the suffering and mistreatment of dogs and cats in Tijuana and Southern California.
In Tijuana and many other Mexican border towns, thousands of wounded, starving and/or pregnant dogs and cats are roaming the streets right now. Many will live just long enough to reproduce puppies and kittens that will meet the same cruel fate.
Together, one unspayed female dog, her unaltered mate and their offspring can produce 67,000 dogs in six years. Even with its prevalent spay/neuter programs, the United States euthanizes more than 6 million dogs and cats each year.

Spay and neuter your animals!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BH, this is a great program. Speaking for myself all my critters are rescues including the horse. They are also all spayed or neutered; I'm not a breeder. My dogs and cats from the shelter give me as muich if not more love then papered animals. Sadly I know I will lose Apollo and Bandit soon. Apollo is a 16 year old terrier cross and Bandit is a 16 year old cat. I love them both so much.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My iguana shall not be spayed, she has royal blood in her that MUST be passed down to the next generation.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well, as long as she has royal blood; we wouldn't want to stop a line with such elevated quality.
However, my critters lines weren't all that royal just full of love.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This sounds like a wonderful organization BH.

I'd like to add that many communities throughout the U.S. and Canada have similar groups of like-minded individuals that do similar work and I'm not referring to the various chapters of the S.P.C.A. Although the S.P.C.A. (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) does do valuable work in this effort, they really are a stop-gap effort and so much more needs to be done.

Fortunately, as I mentioned, almost every community has groups of decent folks who try to take up the slack where the local S.P.C.A. leaves off. In my community, London, Ontario Canada, for example, we have the Animal Love Foundation. Though it might sound like some sort of organization that should, by rights be banned, it really is a fine group of people who raise money to spay and neuter dogs and cats. Furthermore, this group tries valiantly to find homes for the many animals that the local S.P.C.A. would otherwise "put down".

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic. You certainly do live up to the first part of your name. This organization needs all the support it can get. I've watched the "Dog Whisperer" on many occasions, and it still strikes me as some form of magic.

I'll second your call: Spay and nueter your pets, people.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thank you, seagull.
I live up to the second part of my name, too!

I have nothing against reputable breeding programs. I think there needs to be a balance between purebred dogs and "mutts" or pound puppies. There's something very special about a non-pure-bred dog (I have 2) and as long as they're loved and cared for, I have no problem with them. It's the ones who are living wild on the streets and who have to be put down every day in shelters because they cannot be cared for that break my heart...

The dog in my Avatar is a pure bred German Shepherd, Jaia, my first pure bred dog. But I researched diligently to find a good breeder whose dogs had good hips.

BackYard Breeders are another huge problem. But I won't get into it here.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have some personal issues with pure bred dogs. I guess it boils down to continual breeding of medical problems that are inherent in most of them. I think that in itself is cruel nowadays.

Heres my boys...

Alex on the left and Cherub on the right. Alex is 55lbs.

Alex is a Beagle/Pointer and Cherub is Chow/Retriever. Saved both of them from the local humane society. Ain't they cut?

I have had a recent dream of buying alot of land some day, and running a joint kennel/sanctuary for dogs, but it's far in the future if I'll ever be able to do it. Though I would definately love to.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
NextGuy, your puppies are adorable! I agree with you about breeding health problems. That's why I did so much research on my breeder and her dogs and looked at the medical information myself.

My boy's parents are national champions!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Along with spay and neuter of our pets, I would like to encourage those considering a pet to make a visit to your local pound or animal shelter.
Many beautiful animals are abandoned or lost and wind up in the pound and need a loving home. All my dogs have been pound puppies and they KNOW you saved their life.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
I have some personal issues with pure bred dogs.

Same here. Some of the poor critters are so in-bred .... yikes! Not good!

Anyways, we have a beagle .. sans paperwork. She's a stinky vile hound dog that eats her own poop (can't get her to stop) ... but she's so snuggly that we can't help but love her.

new topics

top topics

join