It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming - Dream Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First off - this is my first ever post after being a spectator for ah, lets slightly inacuratley say around 4 years.

I have been having lucid dreams since i was was very young, and they have been increasing in frequency to the point that i now have them pretty much every night and it is totally within my control to do so.

In this last few years particularly its become as if my dreams are a practice ground to teach myself increasing control over what happens. The best comprison i can make is to neo in the matrix, logging in to the "dream world" and learning to increasingly harness and manipulate everything around him.

I hate to make that comparison because that imediatley makes me look as if im a matrix buff with too much imagination on my hands lol But it is simply the best comparison i can make to explain to you what i mean.

Its gotten to the point now where not only can i fly, perfom extreme telekenisis, teleport, morph crush reshape the dream enviroment around me, completley dictate the dream as if i was directing a movie and manifest anything that comes into my mind. At first it took high levels of concentration but now i almost dont even have to think about it. And its stil ever increasing each night.

Now, heres the weird part. I know all of what i have just said is just your classic features of advanced lucid dreaming, but now at the point where its getting to extreme levels, when i wake up it feels as if i can actually perform these things in real life. As if these dream powers are locked behind a mental barrier, bursting to get out. Its actualy becoming quite frustrating. And more so as time goes by. I feel as if im going to burst, as if its all leading to something huge, like a mental dam in my mind is going to burst and flood into reality.

Ive tried doing a little research into these feelings but so far all ive found is your average "how to lucid dream" or typical dream experiences. Or worse yet, "BUY THIS PEICE OF JUNK AND URI GELLAR WILL FLY INTO YOUR BEDROOM AT NIGHT AND WHISK YOU AWAY TO DREAM LAND FOR JUST $599" haha you know what i mean.

So that why i decided to post my experiences here, and see what all you guys make of this.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
o cmon man if u know how to control yourself to make the thing only u want to happen why being afraid of?
u deserve,ur ur powers and make ur life better^^

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey - thanks for the reply

i dont quite understand what you mean tho

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i meant ur one of the luckiest people on the planet that u feel that u can begin to evolve and use ur powers in the real world...
so the wolrd is an unfair place, i dont see someone other being fare,so start using ur powers for urself,to help u out,to help the people u love,and tu **** people u hate...
as long as u can control what to do without doing stuff u dont want to (gonna get ugly)
then its fine i also sometimes i feel i can control abit of my dreams but thats almost never and its quite fun when it happens.
+ u allready can control the world around you(quantum phisics) without going throw all the dream buisness but still maybe its a new way to get different kinda powers

still i dont wanna be a bag guy,try to use ur powers mostly for good,good to ur family friends,couse if u get too full of your self u may one day wake up realising u lost these powers...

[edit on 31/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh right, i see what you mean.

Thats the thing tho, i wish they would be real lol but theyre not.

I just wake up feeling like i should be able to, but obviously nothing happens.

Its just very strange, so far as i know there hasnt been a documented case of someone being able to fly around and pick up trucks with their mind haha

Its just a very strange and very powerfull sensation that i should be able to do them things when i wake up.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well think of this then in dreams u can lay some steam and what u like^^
now u know theres some of my fun dreams that i dont remember if i had some control but still[:
-killed duncan mcloud with a toilet brush(the back of the brush is sharpy
)
-watched how a girl i liked is going to fall from a mountain and its hangin on one hand then her hand gets cut by a ninja star

-smokin a pure and saying "naaa theyr not poison as cigaretes..."
-right after watching war of the worlds theres this dream about tripods in the neiboorhood^^
so...fun^^

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Dosnt look like anyones interested. Thats disapointing

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well you seem entirely in control and comfortable with your experiences so I would continue to embrace them in your lucid state. These 'powers' are incomprehensable on this reality plane (although stories of TK and concious OBE resonate regularly) so I would just enjoy the gift you have and see where it takes you.

Our physical existence denies our heightened spiritual powers. I suggest you drain the energy from these and put them into areas within this reality.

Good luck my friend

Kolo

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am not at the same level you are, but I lucid dream regularly and have done so all my life. I too have great control at times. The most useful ability is to be able to "phase" into another reality if I don't like the one I'm in. When I first saw The Matrix I was amazed that they touched on something so similar to what I could already do in the dreamworld. I too have strong instincts telling me that I can do all of this in this physical reality also, but of course I have had any success. Sometimes it is difficult to disinguish and I feel there are times when I may do something stupid in this physical reality because I'm confusing it with the dreamworld. It could potentially cause me some strife. That's about all the I can offer you.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
gentlemen
when i saw the matrix i just loved the story that maybe there is something true couse thing of it...dont u think u dont control ur life?not in the regular boring way...but like when u want something....and it happens...even better then u expected...or when things happen as u want them for a change dont u think ur faith of u kinda got out of control and rearenge the life around you
its great to have that feeling

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i think u can bring these dreams powers into reality.it only possible.the dreams were a learning lesson, to get u ready for a bigger picture.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perhaps your lucid dreaming is leading to out of body experiences, and that is why you feel like you should be able to continue the 'flying' after you wake....and you could have the OBE conciously, without going to sleep first.

Perhaps you've seen this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's quite a read, but you might find it informative.

I think some of my lucid dreams have 'turned into' OBE's, but I can't control it at will.....

I had my first lucid dream when I was about 5-6 years old. I was dreaming that my Grandmother and I were crossing a swinging bridge. Someone apparently had been mopping the boards ( there was a bucket and mop still standing there,lol ) and they had carelessly left the bridge soapy and slippery...... my Grandmother slipped and nearly fell over the side. I grabbed her hand, and said, " Don't be afraid, Granny......this is only a dream. We can't really get hurt."

[edit on 1-4-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaker
I am not at the same level you are, but I lucid dream regularly and have done so all my life. I too have great control at times. The most useful ability is to be able to "phase" into another reality if I don't like the one I'm in. When I first saw The Matrix I was amazed that they touched on something so similar to what I could already do in the dreamworld. I too have strong instincts telling me that I can do all of this in this physical reality also, but of course I have had any success. Sometimes it is difficult to disinguish and I feel there are times when I may do something stupid in this physical reality because I'm confusing it with the dreamworld. It could potentially cause me some strife. That's about all the I can offer you.

i know exactly how you feel. The felling that i should be able to do these things in reality is becoming so intense sometimes i feel like i might do something stupid and forget i cant ACTUALLY fly haha would be a whole new take on the phrase "falling asleep at the wheel" lol

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Well you seem entirely in control and comfortable with your experiences so I would continue to embrace them in your lucid state. These 'powers' are incomprehensable on this reality plane (although stories of TK and concious OBE resonate regularly) so I would just enjoy the gift you have and see where it takes you.

Our physical existence denies our heightened spiritual powers. I suggest you drain the energy from these and put them into areas within this reality.

Good luck my friend

Kolo

Yeah, im not really under the beleif i will be able to physically do these things in reality, im just trying to figure out what the feeling means. The feeling that somethings about to burst out of inside me and realease these dream powers is becoming so intense recently that it makes me feel as if its leading to something. Something big. And thats what im trying to find out.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
look one things that is a MUST that u must master ur control in the dreams if u hope to do some of these cool stuff^^
couse if everyting u think happens there tons of bad thougts that u may axidently think without actualy wanting them to happen...like if someone say to u "I HOPE U GET HIT BY A TRUCK BUSTER!" ur brain creates a picture on the moment on the insult,and here...a real trucks hits u....it may sound just a joke now but take it seriously there stuff that are far worse...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Perhaps your lucid dreaming is leading to out of body experiences, and that is why you feel like you should be able to continue the 'flying' after you wake....and you could have the OBE conciously, without going to sleep first.

Perhaps you've seen this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's quite a read, but you might find it informative.

I think some of my lucid dreams have 'turned into' OBE's, but I can't control it at will.....

I had my first lucid dream when I was about 5-6 years old. I was dreaming that my Grandmother and I were crossing a swinging bridge. Someone apparently had been mopping the boards ( there was a bucket and mop still standing there,lol ) and they had carelessly left the bridge soapy and slippery...... my Grandmother slipped and nearly fell over the side. I grabbed her hand, and said, " Don't be afraid, Granny......this is only a dream. We can't really get hurt."

Maybe so. It would explain the sensation of something being locked in my subconcious bursting to get out. Its quite an overwhelming and powerfull sensation sometimes.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ward8
i think u can bring these dreams powers into reality.it only possible.the dreams were a learning lesson, to get u ready for a bigger picture.

It certainly feels that way. But i seriously doubt it would be leading to me unlocking these powers in reality, unless it turns out im some kind of messiah haha or mental

I do feel as tho it does mean something tho, that its leading to something. Just dont know what.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
look one things that is a MUST that u must master ur control in the dreams if u hope to do some of these cool stuff^^
couse if everyting u think happens there tons of bad thougts that u may axidently think without actualy wanting them to happen...like if someone say to u "I HOPE U GET HIT BY A TRUCK BUSTER!" ur brain creates a picture on the moment on the insult,and here...a real trucks hits u....it may sound just a joke now but take it seriously there stuff that are far worse...

Im not too worried about that. Im at the point now that my dreams are completly under my control. Its not so much a case of whatever i think happens, more that whatever i choose to happen then manifests itself at my will. God, if you could view the dreams i have like a movie, it would make superman look like a boyscout.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
o well thats good them thats some powers that are under control
i know its bad but i were probably use the powers to be imperator of the whole world surrounded by chicks

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have some lucid dream experieces.

Reading what you wrote you seem to have driven it to a high grad of conciousnes within your lucid dreams.
What I wonder, can you still enjoy this dreams or are they boring now for you and you are missing an element of surprise?

Ok I know it's not just your topic but I really wonder this because I personel figured that I enjoy half concious dreams at the brick of lucid dream where I let the normal dream flow and my subconcious in control a lot more than the one I 'awake' lucid and take control. It's like beeing part of a movie that you have not scripted but know it keeps no real danger for you. (you can always 'awake' and take control if required) . This kind of dreams are what I enjoy most and I got to after my vivid lucid dream periode. I let it 'drop' by intent although because a different reason.

But to address your topic. I think there is a good reason that this physical reality is not such directly to manipulate and create like you modulate dreams. If it were this reality would not even exist and everyone lives in their own reality becasue everyone has their on concept of how the world should look like. For what I figured we are here(next others reasosn) to learn to know the effects and consequences of what we cause and for this you need to be in a framework or reality that supports this: cause->effect.
Like you know in lucid dreams you have an easy way out of everything.
So if the reality woudl be equal it would be pointless.
However you can act in the reality and create build and change it and it is not only through physical action but to thoughts and wishes. So there is some of the dream magic possible as I see it just that it doesnt works that directly. The direct creation is for them that already mastered the cause and effect lvl and know well enough what consequences their action have.
(Or for them that worked their way through the barriers but lacks the understanding which will be a big drawback for them at the end)
At least that's how I see it. I might err and this is all my opinion here nothing more.

Welcome on the ATS board!

I read your introduction that's how I found this thread.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by g210b]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join