It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new third world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
But, I DON'T blame them. If I were a Mexican serf, living under the corrupt Mexican govt, I'd sneak here too.

Let me ask you a question. Why would you blame the United States for trying to slow it down?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

But, I DON'T blame them. If I were a Mexican serf, living under the corrupt Mexican govt, I'd sneak here too.

Let me ask you a question. Why would you blame the United States for trying to slow it down?

That's the thing.

The US is NOT trying to slow it down. How does the NAU REMOTELY suggest this?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now, I notice this thread seems to focus on illegal Mexicans.

Keep in mind that illegals come from all KINDS of countries in Latin America, not just Mexico. Also, keep in mind that a growing number of illegal aliens are coming from Asia.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Let me rephrase the question. Can you blame American citizens for wanting to curb the tide?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Keep in mind that illegals come from all KINDS of countries in Latin America, not just Mexico. Also, keep in mind that a growing number of illegal aliens are coming from Asia.

That goes without saying. However, I think about 80% of the illegal immigration is coming from Mexico and South America.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Let me rephrase the question. Can you blame American citizens for wanting to curb the tide?

Of COURSE not. This is the plan to bring American citizens down a notch before the NAU drops North Americans down a few pegs. What I'm saying is that the American citizens should realize it's their fellow (albeit MUCH richer) citizens that are behind all this.

But, for most Americans, it's easier to blame the poor, mostly brown illegals than it is to blame the rich, mostly white elites. The elites know this, and capitalize on it quite well.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think you may find that it's not developing countries that are poor - it's the people of the country. I have spent four years working in developing countries and let me tell you that it is usually rich western countries that rape these developing countries and the people that live in them NEVER see any benefits.

All countries have resources (apart from Israel) and should be able to sustain themselves. As we all know, it is the Economic Hitmen and the likes of the IMF etc that conspire to keep these countries in debt.

It is now coming home to roost, as many people in Western countries find themselves in similiar situations - DEBT.

It my opinion if the standards of living were raised in developing countries you would find that most people would prefer to stay in their country of birth - but people need to survive.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Cosign to that, deessell.

Consider that Africa, which once had 90% of the world's gold and much of its diamonds, is the poorest continent on the planet. Also consider that the IMF and World Bank give developing countries loans with loan shark interest rates. So, on paper, they look good for helping developing nations. In reality, they're screwing them up even more.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've lived in a Mexican village in a not so good part of Mexico with my family for a long period of time (4 years ) and i have to admit the only people that wanted to leave to the US were young teens and a lot of them Came and relized taht it was worse but a few thought that it was great and still havn't returned to that vilage and the last i heard of them they were worse of but they had children and the only reason that they stayed was the free healthcare for their kids,

I think that alot of you thin that Mexico is a corrupt nation that the Drug Lords are running but it is far from it , now that their is a new , conservative, president things seem to be turing around for the mexican people , but no matter how good it gets with the skyrocketing population mexico will almost never be able to meet the demands for jobs in the country

Mexico has more natural resources that any north americn country but over 60% of their people are living at or barely above the level of poverty, and to many of them they have nothing to lose and if they get caught the just get deported back to mexico .

The_Ninja

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight on Mexico, Ninja.

It's sad that Mexico is another example of a country with ample resources and MANY dirt poor people. Do you have any thoughts on how the NAU will impact the citizens of Mexico, seeing as you spent a good deal of time there?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you have any thoughts on how the NAU will impact the citizens of Mexico, seeing as you spent a good deal of time there?

Well, I am not goinjg to say that I support any kind ofan NAU type of scenario, but I would think that the idea behind it would be for some of the wealth of the United States to dribble down to nations like Mexico.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Do you have any thoughts on how the NAU will impact the citizens of Mexico, seeing as you spent a good deal of time there?

Well, I am not goinjg to say that I support any kind ofan NAU type of scenario, but I would think that the idea behind it would be for some of the wealth of the United States to dribble down to nations like Mexico.

I see you're also from Texas. What do you think of our ex-governor's stance on illegal immigration?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I see you're also from Texas. What do you think of our ex-governor's stance on illegal immigration?

I think it's a joke. He acts like he wants it both ways and he can't have it both ways. I am really surprised that he has taken the stance he has on illgal immigration actually.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Blame the immigrants!

This isn't the first time a country has blamed immigration on their problems, economic or social. It's a scapegoat for dealing with the fundamental issues of a country to blame another group of people.

America's education system is near the break of collapse. The military is stretched too thin and over-budgeted. The rich are becoming richer than ever in history and the poorer continue their life of poverty.

It's the MEXICANS!

...BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join