It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Carrier Nimitz to Deploy to Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ahwell, he was BS'ing then as usual

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As near as I can tell, Ark Royal just returned to the fleet as a carrier. She was used as an LPH while Ocean was undergoing refit, and as of March 22nd she left for NATO exercises.

Ark Royal will be utilised as an LPH, replacing Ocean while she undergoes refit. On 16 November 2006 a British Army WAH-64 Apache attack helicopter landed on Ark Royal for the first time marking an increase in the carriers capability.[1] She was returned to the fleet on March 22, 2007, and will leave on Nato exercises in the coming weeks.

en.wikipedia.org...(R07)

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
now we need to know the location of any approaching NATO exercise

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
now we need to know the location of any approaching NATO exercise

Iran is my best bet.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Going from the time of her sailing, I'm going to go with the exercise off of Canada next week. It's scheduled to start around the 5th of April, so the 22nd of March would be about the right time for her to sail to be there in time. Turkey was supposed to be a participant, but pulled out on the 28th. It's the annual Maple Flag exercise held off Nova Scotia every year.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Don’t forget the big ‘E’, the CVN-65 USS Enterprise. She’s still floating around the theatre of operations’ region as well.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Enterprise just left her home port and is taking on a Carrier Air Wing, and doing work ups in the Atlantic. She's nowhere near the Gulf. In fact she's doing a Family Cruise on 7 April from her home port.

[edit on 4/1/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just because they say that the Nimitz is going to relieve Ike doesn't make it so. Nothing prevents Stennis, Ike, and Nimitz from remaining on station. My guess is that the big E will eventually start wandering in that direction, too.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Enterprise is deploying in late April, sometime around the 24th or 25th. She's docked right now, with family days coming up before deployment. And I've never said it DOESN'T prevent them from leaving the Eisenhower there, just pointing out where they are, and when they're scheduled to leave.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here's one for you. Does anyone have a line on where the MEF's are at this time? That could be a good one to know.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Going from the time of her sailing, I'm going to go with the exercise off of Canada next week. It's scheduled to start around the 5th of April, so the 22nd of March would be about the right time for her to sail to be there in time. Turkey was supposed to be a participant, but pulled out on the 28th. It's the annual Maple Flag exercise held off Nova Scotia every year.

Hmm yes, the Ark Royal does need to go through Sea Trials first before going back out on operations. I'm guessing they will be testing the new helicopter capabilities.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You need to see this. I'll need some time to do some homework, but I will have more to say on this later. Read slowly and do some of your own homework.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You have to subscribe to read it though. That makes it a little hard to read it, since I very rarely subscribe to anything just to read one article.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
nope, you just have to click on the tiny sponsor icon and wait a bit.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
According to media sources, the Iranians will soon be releasing the 15 sailors. This was a good discussion. Thanks to all for participating.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
erm I doubt that will end the Allied presence in the area

I will be watching UK millitary deployments with interest.

I think much of the news conference, up until the release, angered the UK government considerably.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I understand that we've still got a lot to watch out for, but I've got to bow out of this discussion to get some work done. Have a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join