It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BREAKING NEWS] - Sky Marshalls to patrol UK flights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
SKY MARSHALS TO PATROL UK FLIGHTS

Armed sky marshals are to be put on some UK passenger planes, in response to the heightened state of alert in the US, the government has announced.

Extra security measures for air travel have also been put in place on the ground.

The government said it was "a responsible and prudent step". The guards would be deployed "where appropriate" and be dressed as ordinary passengers.

Transport Secretary Alistair Darling said: "Security is kept constantly under review and it is essential that we take all reasonable steps to deter terrorist activities.

"Our aviation security programme works on many levels, with measures for all stages of the process - from check-in through to the flight itself.

"Not all of the measures are obvious and a lot goes on behind the scenes," he said.

Courtesy of Skynews
www.sky.com...

Hrmm, i wonder what info led them to do that.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i have heard alot of pilots are unhappy about this,
and may refuse to fly with them on board!!!

i personaly would feel alot safer on a plane with them on board

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So what good is an armed marshall going to be on a plane that is hijacked by terroists if he has to use a weapon to thwart a hijacking a puts hole in a plane at 35,000 feet in the air, they are still lost. Dont make any sense once the plane is in the air, firearms at that altitude dont deter anything, the terroists want destruction and a bullet in the right place takes care of that for them.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the guns are specially made so they dont puncture the pressure vessel, i think its more of a rubber bullet construction designed to knock the guy out rather than kill him.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
but can be lethal if shot in the head at the right place

new topics

top topics

join