It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vrillon of the Ashtar Galactic Command illegal radio broadcast November 26, 1977 *audio*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Agreed, Vrillon comes across as a half-hearted desk jockey compared to, say, Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still. After selectively shutting down the Earth's manmade power grid (and absorbing a few .50 caliber rounds in the keester)

The short story was better...you find out that Gort's race is dominant and Klaatu is his pet. All the eye blaster stuff was because we killed his dog.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You guys really shouldn't make references to cheesy Alien films because all that does is add fuel to the flaming claims that a lof of this Alien/UFO stuff we read about these days are simply stories based vaguely on past movies that people have seen...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
If extraterrestrial beings truly wanted to deliver a serious message to Earth, I doubt they would do it in a way in which we would have reason to speculate about whether or not the message was "real" or not. In other words, advanced civilizations who are trying to send a message to our whole planet would not go about it by taking over television/radio waves only in the U.K. It is OBVIOUSLY a hoax... why is this thread even still around?

"What is reality but a unique perspective were privied on."

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You guys really shouldn't make references to cheesy Alien films because all that does is add fuel to the flaming claims that a lof of this Alien/UFO stuff we read about these days are simply stories based vaguely on past movies that people have seen.

On the contrary, I think it's essential for us to keep these flights of fancy in the backs of our minds, inasmuch as they represent our collected preconceived reactions to situations that we have not yet actually encountered — I think it would be foolish to throw out all of our premeditation of contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence, as we just might forfeit valuable perspectives in the process.

I mean, look at the lessons of our science fantasy regarding aliens: Don't shoot first, listen to what they have to say; A military response against an advanced species is probably futile and may hasten our demise; Be prepared to accept the fact that your civilization is changing forever or ending altogether. And so forth.

Which are all very valid admonitions, regardless of their literary value or box office draw. Granted, there is a lot of shallow and just plain ridiculous shoot-em-up science fantasy out there (see Independence Day for more on that), but even those pieces of garbage can and do serve as guideposts, I think, if only as examples of what not to do in the event of alien contact.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
intresting, but dunt know what to think about it. I would think, that if the wanted our attention, they would do it in like america on all tv`s. Then where talkin. This could be one hell of a inside job, or it could be real. Don`t know

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
A lot of good things is said... and they are still valuable now. Too bad we still think we accomplish anything from having a lot of possessions and wealth

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
A lot of good things is said... and they are still valuable now. Too bad we still think we accomplish anything from having a lot of possessions and wealth

yes its a good message! But I dunno if too believe aliens did that. But who ever wrote it did it a good text.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan76
yes its a good message! But I dunno if too believe aliens did that. But who ever wrote it did it a good text.

True.. Im more prone to believe it was a stunt from some new age fellar who just wanted to give that message

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by Dan76

True.. Im more prone to believe it was a stunt from some new age fellar who just wanted to give that message

Yes, I think it`s something like that 2. Cause if aliens wanted our attention, and they have so much tech. Why not show the whole world it. But the person (and real mabey a alien) that did this. Did a good text.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
-

[edit on 3-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Near the end of this "rogue transmission," parts of cartoon dialog can be heard, including the Looney Tunes theme song, an explosion, and other strange noises.

Well if this would turn out to be real, at least one question has been answered...

"they" apparantly watch cartoons...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You guys really shouldn't make references to cheesy Alien films because all that does is add fuel to the flaming claims that a lof of this Alien/UFO stuff we read about these days are simply stories based vaguely on past movies that people have seen...

I understand your concern, but if people are allowed to receive serious attention for stunts along these lines then said events would be just be flaming fodder for the skeptics anyways. IMHO-

I think it's much better to look at this event logically, and realize that the actions do not fit the intentions at all. . . Therefore I think it needs to be paraded as such so it will not suck the life out of something legitimate.

This is what disinfo will do if left unattended. . .

The only serious things here are the messages themselves as Menguard previously stated.

Klaatu Barada Nikto!

Thanx Doc for the laugh, and still quite a good analogy.

2PacSade-

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Whether it's real or not, it delivers a very valuable message. We are on the verge of destroying ourselves and our "leaders" are responsible for this.

BTW - we are still in the Age of Aquarius. People are familiar with that phrase mostly because of the era and with help from the popular song of that time. But think about where it originated and you will understand it's intent and message.

Personally I don't know if it's a hoax or not and don't really care because the message is still something we should care about and work towards resolving. I would rather if another Galactic Federation or whatever they call themselves were to deliver messages to us they do it in a manner that is not obscure. Just fly on down, take over our networks globally and speak to every country in every language so there is absolutely no mistaking whether they are real or not.

I guarandamntee you it will get EVERYONE's attention.
Will panic ensue? Sure, but there will be no denying and then perhaps we can try and recover ourselves before we destroy us.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hey at least the Galactic Cammand likes Looney Tunes so that can't be all bad. Wouldn't the "age of Aquarius" not apply to other civilizations around the universe since their view and postion would be different. I vote funny and good but HOAX.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Whether it's real or not, it delivers a very valuable message. We are on the verge of destroying ourselves and our "leaders" are responsible for this.

BTW - we are still in the Age of Aquarius. People are familiar with that phrase mostly because of the era and with help from the popular song of that time. But think about where it originated and you will understand it's intent and message.

Personally I don't know if it's a hoax or not and don't really care because the message is still something we should care about and work towards resolving. I would rather if another Galactic Federation or whatever they call themselves were to deliver messages to us they do it in a manner that is not obscure. Just fly on down, take over our networks globally and speak to every country in every language so there is absolutely no mistaking whether they are real or not.

I guarandamntee you it will get EVERYONE's attention.
Will panic ensue? Sure, but there will be no denying and then perhaps we can try and recover ourselves before we destroy us.

good said

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This would get the message across. . .

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually, I found it very interesting. The fact that the voice was British doesn't really bother me. Maybe they broadcast in a British voice because the broadcast was going out to British people. Maybe if they had done the same thing in China it would have been Chinese. I like how the news guy summarized the whole transmission as "Earthlings lay down your weapons" or something basic like that. That was a little odd.

Seems logical to me that if aliens were trying to reach the masses they would do it like that.

There were also a lot of religious overtones to the aliens broadcast which I found interesting. We are still to this day being led down the path of self-destruction by evil people in power. I try to live my life as righteous as possible and I know that when the time comes I'll be going to a better place.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Given the timeframe (70's), message and language (Age of Aquarius, "suck", etc.), and fact that it only happened to a small area, I'm leaning more towards hippie techie prank than message from ET mothership...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Actually, they did make agreements with Governments to let these Governments disclose the intent to the people. We were given technology on good faith.

The time is getting close to a change of understanding here on earth and the Governments have done little to disclose anything.

Free energy and healing technology has been kept from people because big business would not benefit from this disclosure. They require people to continue using the expensive energy they currently provide.

The medical system also requires a large number of people to continue being sick. Inexpensive healing that really works is not part of the medical system's agenda.

The only way we will ever wake up is if a mass landing event comes to be!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ok Win say they disclosed themselves to our gov's leaving it up to the gov's to in turn disclose to the people. Well the gov's didn't do that. They kept the info to themselves and left it to the rest of us to decide if things like the above is a hoax or not.

But don't you think that if it is the intent of these federations to actually help humanity pending their real existance that they know by now that the gov's have not disclosed what they were intended to do?
If our destruction affects other "federations" or beings and we haven't gotten the message through the intended sources then why not go beyond our leaders and go global like I suggested in my prior post?

This way we all could then decide as a human race and do what needs to be done to ensure we don't do ourselves in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join