It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vrillon of the Ashtar Galactic Command illegal radio broadcast November 26, 1977 *audio*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Vrillon of the Ashtar Galactic Command was the name used by an unidentified voice who performed an illegal broadcast on television transmitters in the United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 1977 at 5:10 p.m. The transmission lasted for over five minutes. This weird electronic voice, accompanied by a strange pulsating sound and other distortions, overrode the normal audio broadcast signal to warn viewers of an impending disaster should humanity continue on its present course. (The hijack did not effect the video portion of the normal news broadcast).

The event actually caused panic in some parts of the local population for people who believed that an alien invasion was imminent. It is assumed that the broadcast was a hoax perpetrated by someone who sent a powerful signal to override the station's VHF transmitter. Near the end of this "rogue transmission," parts of cartoon dialog can be heard, including the Looney Tunes theme song, an explosion, and other strange noises. (See Wikipedia entry for Vrillon for more information).

Full transcript of the message:

"This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies. We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your world, and the beings on our worlds around you. This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius. The New Age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgments. Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. For many years your scientists, government and generals have not heeded our warnings; they have continued to experiment with the evil forces of what you call nuclear energy. Atomic bombs can destroy the Earth, and the beings of your sister worlds, in a moment. The wastes from atomic power systems will poison your planet for many thousands of your years to come. We, who have followed the path of evolution for far longer than you, have long since realized this - that atomic energy is always directed against life. It has no peaceful application. Its use, and research into its use, must be ceased at once, or you all risk destruction. All weapons of evil must be removed. The time of conflict is now past. The race of which you are a part may proceed to the highest planes of evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill. Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning New Age to you all. You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution. Hear now the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides operating in your world. They will suck your energy from you - the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends giving you worthless dross in return. Your inner divine self will protect you from this. You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth. Learn to listen to the voice of truth which is within you and you will lead yourselves on to the path of evolution. This is our message to our dear friends. We have watched you growing for many years as you too have watched our lights in your skies. You know now that we are here, and that there are more beings on and around your Earth than your scientists admit. We are deeply concerned about you and your path towards the light and will do all we can to help you. Have no fear, seek only to know yourselves, and live in harmony with the ways of your planet Earth. We of the Ashtar Galactic Command thank you for your attention. We are now leaving the plane of your existence. May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the cosmos."

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Its kind of hard to believe that Aliens would try to send a message to humans on some random UK television show. Im gonna go with hoax on this one. however it is a good message and everyone should heed this message anyways.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Good message, but would Vrillon have a strong Britiish accent?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Certainly an interesting piece of ufo nostalgia, but nothing more. Like someone said, it's pretty strange how 'Vrillon' not only speaks English but has a British accent! The message is also the standard contactee communication that was heard decades before this transmission and is still heard today.

It would make contemporary tv that much more interesting if people would pull such hoaxes today!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Good message, but would Vrillon have a strong Britiish accent?

Well,they would have to speak some kind of accent, actually the Queens English is the purest form of the English language.

Are you american, and therefore expect the aliens to speak american since you are the most powerfull nation in the world? American is just another accent of the language you know
And also remember that this as in the United Kingdom, where they actually speak that way.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd never heard of this one at all. One would think if the alleged entity(s) in question had any techno-gnads they'd at least have gone global on all radio and television at the same time... let's see '77.

What else was up then in the UK? On April 1st 1977 the Anglia TV produced Alternative 3 was released too. They (humans-all) reached a larger audience than Vrillion. That "story" has an enviromental angle too.

Sounds cooked - Vrillion? Too close to Vril not to be a con.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well i'll sleep well tonight after hearing that !!
Creepy !! I will keep an open mind on this. For it to be a hoax it would take someone with very sophicated gear and output to do it i would imagine. Wonder if the likes of Nick Pope could shed some light on it. One thing though the Ashtar Galatic Command is something that i saw on the forum last year. Apparently a group of ailens obriting Earth from very high orbit and currently engaged in trying to bring light into the world. Someone did post an internet link to a yahoo groups site on which the Ashtar Galatic Command is discussed and presumably used by the Ashtar Command themselves to communicate various messages via human agents. By the way the user of the Youtube site seems to think the Ashtar are Greys. Why is that? One final thought, that message was transmitted in 1977. Sadly it is just as relevant, perhaps more so in today's dangerous and uncertain political/religious unrest namely in the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Boy an anti-nuclear war message broadcast in the 1970’s during the hippy peace movement. Hmmm….
I think I’ll go with hoax.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Boy an anti-nuclear war message broadcast in the 1970’s during the hippy peace movement. Hmmm….
I think I’ll go with hoax.

Sweet Hoax though!

That is IF it was a pirate transmission, and it went out like that. Must say neither me or my parents recall hearin ANYTHING this (and I got them to listen to it) both old folks 50+ from NW UK if that counts for anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hello to everyone

It sounds like a hoax to me. I don´t know if some of the posters are familiar with the UMMO hoax in the seventies, many people (including myself when I first read about it from a book by the Spanish Ufologist Antonio Ribera) believed it was true. Maybe this is related to that in some way or maybe not.

en.wikipedia.org...

Camilo

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm guessing hoax as well. again, i find the british accent and speech mannerisms highly suspect, as well as the mentioning of the 'age of aquarius', especially because it was during the early new age craze back in the 70's. seems to convenient, and there's really no reason whatsoever to think it was actually an alien voice.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It made me laugh to be honest.. the ooOOOOoooo at the start.

I mean this is clearly a hoax imho but even serious material get's dubbed with those lame stupid tracks.. in my opinion those audio dubs make all the video's seem like some stupid nonsense for the gullable.

which is a bad thing for anyone seriously interested in the phenomenon.

thanks for the laugh though

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
For it to be a hoax it would take someone with very sophicated gear and output to do it i would imagine.

If you mean the voice I'm sorry to burst the proverbial bubble.
Voices like these can be easily made with the simplistic audio recorder that comes with windows, let alone with any 3rd party audio software readily available to anyone.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

As for the message itself. it's a good message to anyone and something we all know in a way already. If we ever want to me more then technologically advanced cavemen.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Its an interesting one.

The "ethereal noise" at the start is overdubbed by the video poster. The actual broadcast started with the static and the voice.

However, the broadcast was investigated by the UK broadcasting authorities who drew a blank over it.

Bear in mind that this was a short wave television signal that was interrupted over quite a wide area. It takes a considerable amount of transmitting power to do that, and that kind of stuff was not freely available to "joe public" in the 70's - if it was you can bet a whole lot more hoaxes would have happened.

As for the effect on the voice, we're talking the 1970's here. That kind of stuff was limited fairly well to places like the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, professional recording studios and maybe the odd university studio. There were NO windows computers back then, the most advanced thing that you could buy in the UK computing wise was a Sinclair calculator.

Even more interestingly, no one has ever claimed any kind of responsibility for it at all - which is unusual these days.

So to me, it was either a very well covered up inside job or something very very weird indeed. Its one of those wonderful enduring mysteries that will one day probably have a rational explanation.... or will it?

[edit on 2/0407/07 by neformore]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That's the point i was trying to make. Normally i WOULD dimiss this sort of thing as a hoax had it been done today but remember we are talking the 1970's here when equiptment and resources for ordinary members of the public were very very limited. So either an inside job, a very well connected hoaxer with lots of dosh or the real thing. i do wish the likes of Nick Pope could shed some light on the matter !!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There was a lot of pirate radio and plenty of private radio techs with this sort of capability back in the 1970s — I don't find it difficult to accept that a shortwave transmission could ride the carrier of television audio — wouldn't require much power, either, if you positioned your pirate transmitter near the TV transmitter. Just ride the wave, man.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I also agree that it's more plausable that someone from within the broadcast network's own ranks produced this.

One question. . .

O.K.- Lets assume Vrillion was actually directed by the Ashtar Galactic Command to broadcast a message stating that we are to cease & desist with respect to nuclear technology & weaponry or else.

So he comes to the conclusion that the best way to get this message of galactic proportions across is to disrupt a BBC broadcast with- THIS?

If I were Mr.V, and remanded with such an important mission, then I probably would have opted to also simultaneously disrupt broadcasts in the U.S., Russia, China, France, Israel, and any other countries that were involved with fusion & fission experimentation at that time. THAT approach would have pointed to the message being legitimate & getting the world's attention, rather than this lame isolated attempt. I don't buy it at all.

If this is the case then the Ashtar Galactic Command should free up Vrillion for new opportunities "if you get my drift" because he obviously needs development to be proficient in his present line of work.

In any case he really made a difference didn't he. Wonder what the ole' V-meister is up to these days. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Agreed, Vrillon comes across as a half-hearted desk jockey compared to, say, Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still. After selectively shutting down the Earth's manmade power grid (and absorbing a few .50 caliber rounds in the keester), Klaatu stands on the mall in Washington, DC and intones:

I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure.

Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it.

For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk.

The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works.

I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: Join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Now, if Klaatu isn't a motivational speaker, I don't know who is. Perhaps Vrillon should've taken a few lessons.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Vrillon of the Ashtar Galactic Command was the name used by an unidentified voice who performed an illegal broadcast on television transmitters in the United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 1977 at 5:10 p.m.

This is Truth all that what was said on that day was forgotten until NOW.

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Agreed, Vrillon comes across as a half-hearted desk jockey compared to, say, Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still. After selectively shutting down the Earth's manmade power grid (and absorbing a few .50 caliber rounds in the keester), Klaatu stands on the mall in Washington, DC and intones:

— Doc Velocity

Again this is all TRUTH also, seen the movie.

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If extraterrestrial beings truly wanted to deliver a serious message to Earth, I doubt they would do it in a way in which we would have reason to speculate about whether or not the message was "real" or not. In other words, advanced civilizations who are trying to send a message to our whole planet would not go about it by taking over television/radio waves only in the U.K. It is OBVIOUSLY a hoax... why is this thread even still around?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join