It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Combat Systems - Robot War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The United States Department of Defense is going Terminator. Except is kind of different from the movie. The terminators the govt creates are automatically controlled tanks, anti air, anti ground vehicles, that are controlled remotely and result in no casualties. Add this to the fact that they are discovering a way to have robots fix themselves as they are damaged during combat, they will be invincible against man.

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by rrahim1
In effect the movie was about 300 dieing, sacrificing their lives, to leave a legacy of hope for the rest of the people in their country ...

300 Spartans
www.youtube.com...
rrahim Watch
I Robot
www.youtube.com...

Scientist Create Self-Repairing Robot - 30 March 2007, Friday
www.novinite.com...

For the first time, researchers have created a robotic machine that can take a beating and keep on trucking. Developed by scientists from Cornell University and the University of Vermont, the new robot looks like a spider with four legs.

# 1 New York Times News Service Feb 16, 2005 Pentagon has sights on robot soldiers by Tim Weiner
# 2 Wired news Apr 2000 Issue 8.04 Why the Future Doesn’t Need Us by Bill Joy
# 3 The Japan Times April 7, 2005 Robot cop heads Hakata police station for a day.
# 4 Telegraphy News 2-14-2005 Robotic ball that chases burglars
# 5 The Korean Times 4-18-05 Robot to Take Over Border Guard Mission by Jung Sung-ki
# 6 Wired News January 7, 2004 Mobile Robots Take Baby Steps - by Noah Shachtman
# 7 Newsmax.com Feb. 11, 2005 Weapons of the Future are Here by Charles R. Smith

www.theresistancemanifesto.com...

On February 16, 2005 The New York Times News Service reported in an article titled, Pentagon has sights on robot soldiers, that the U.S. Military was near a frightening goal.(#1) The article uncovered what many Americans had feared for years. The Department of Defense was designing robotic Terminators. The $127 billion project called Future Combat Systems was the largest military contract in U.S. history to date.

www.army.mil...

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That's pretty interesting. I'm quite interested in this subject, but don't have much time to keep up with the subject.

Oh, I found this video on youtube a while ago, I think it's incredible that it's able to hold it's ground when kicked.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
How about DARPA's robot in orbit? www.darpa.mil...

Me thinks a new generation of resistance fighters will be called for... Robot-Fighters. Warrior-geeks?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Robots are like computers. Computers don't want to destroy peoples information, or their computer files, or put spyware in the other guy's computer and cause the functioning to stop. It's people who program computers to do evil things.

The Virus, trojan horse, worm, all software created to destroy other software and incapacitate hardware function.

The New Breed - Terminator, all software/hardware created to destroy other humans, other robots, and anything material in the world.

top topics

join