It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of the White Cape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A few years ago I stumbled across a KC related website about the "Order of the White Cape" consisting of former (and current?) Faithful Navigators of the KC 4th Degree, with the name coming from the color of the ceremonial capes worn by 4th Degree members of that office.

Recently I tried looking again for the group, but had no luck whatsoever in finding it. I was wondering if any KCs, 4th Degree or otherwise know if this fledgling group was given the smack-down by Supreme for being "unauthorized"? I know something similar was done to the Order of Alhambra, which was founded by William Harper Bennett - author of the KC 4th Degree who intended the Alhambra to be the 5th and 6th Degrees of the KCs.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm a 4th degree K of C, never heard of this "Order of the White Cape", why don't you email Supreme Council, contact them here

www.kofc.org...

and ask them.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
chief_counsellor- do you think that your order is anything like the brotherhood of the bell movie of the 70's.

if you have seen it does it resemble any of those groups like yours. maybe i should not ask you, but like many i will never know what goes on at these things.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think that this may be an example of taking something simple and spinning it out into something bigger. Honor Guards wear capes with lining colored according to their rank. White is the color that Past Faithful Navigators - leaders of a local assembly - are entitled to wear. I am quite sure that there is no 'Order' outside of the shared bond that any Brother who is a PFN has with other PFNs -running a council or assembly is NOT easy!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
CC, Shanty:

As I recall, it was not an officially recognized by Supreme. It sounded like a group of FNs or PFNs got together on their on initiative and called their group "The Order of the White Cape".

Again, I wonder if Supreme got word of it and told the to knock it off, and also wonder why I can't find any references to it like I did in the past...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If that's the case, then Supreme certainly DID call for them to disband. ATS is rife with KofC conspiracies .... man, if half of them were true, it would be a LOT more fun, sometimes.... all that's needed is a bunch of guys off on a splinter group.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Another thing about Faithful Navigators. As said earlier a FN is the head of an Assembly. Assemblies are made up of 4th degree knights from the various 3rd degree Councils in the area. A 4th degree Assembly therefore covers a broad area. Each FN would be in a different jurisdiction that is fairly far away from the other. It would be difficult to get the FN together regularily because of the travelling distance.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Another thing about Faithful Navigators. As said earlier a FN is the head of an Assembly. Assemblies are made up of 4th degree knights from the various 3rd degree Councils in the area. A 4th degree Assembly therefore covers a broad area. Each FN would be in a different jurisdiction that is fairly far away from the other. It would be difficult to get the FN together regularily because of the travelling distance.

I never thought about that. In a large metropolitan area where you might have, say, 20 councils, you might have only 4-5 assemblies. On top of that, I wouldn't guess that there wouldn't be too many living FNs and PFNs around to keep any fledgling order alive. It may be the case that "The Order of the White Cape" died a quick, natural death due to geography and limited number of potential members.

top topics

join