It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Base located in Central Pennsylvania???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My friend in school said that there is a dirt road located somewhere in between Harrisburg, PA and Pittsburgh, PA (I know this is very vague, I messaged him through MySpace to try to acquire a better explanation of the location) that leads on and on for a couple of miles, but before you get there, a police car will stop you. He said that there are signs similar to that of Area 51s (shooting if trespassing, etc) I remember talking about this about 1-2 years ago and haven't seen him in a long time, and I just recently transfered schools, meaning that I will probably never see him again. Luckily, I do know his AIM, MySpace, and cell number.

Anyways, does anyone know any information about a US base around the location specified? I highly doubt it, but you never know...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Those two cities are two hundred miles apart. Maybe try to narrow it down a bit. Theres alot of dirt roads.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Okay, I just recieved a message from my friend...here is what he said:

It was a part of the old pa turnpike...in the town of Breezewood, Belford County

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dont know how secret it is but there is a Letterkenny Ordnance Depot east of Breezewood. They do repairs for the Patriot ground support and radar equipment.

I'm not sure how close to the old turnpike it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've been through breezewood. Theres a good fireworks store there i used to go to. Its certainly rural enough to build something, its right in the appalachians, real backwoods area, gets more urban south of the border. But the PA side is reaal rural.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
could be a big bunker between dc and nyc. i bet theres underground facilities all through tha appalachians

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Over in Hershey,
(i know its on the wrong side of the Harrisburg-Pittsburgh corridor)
a number of years ago, during summer vacation (?July-Aug)
at about 10:30 PM while a bunch of us were hanging out,

there was what several of us thought was a 'Flying-Wing' kind of aircraft,
it must have been most of a football field wingspan & there were 13 total white lights evenly spaced on it with the nose having a light & 6 more on either side...
the Wing or Triangle shape was silent and about 3 times as high as the nearby 2 story brick house, and it cruised overhead about like city traffic 20-30 MPH.
another thing that was strange is that the Wing was way too big to be landing (or taking off from) the small flightline that served as an private airport running parallell to the by-pass road outta town. Wealthy golfers used this runway from what i've heard.

to my recollection, central Pa is uber densly populated with nary a mile between farmhouses even...so, if there's a flightline somewhere around, its gotta be real smaller than a 'Base' but big enough to handle something a large as what we witnessed that summer night

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This summer I am going to try to find this place...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The only thing on that section of the abandoned PA Turnpike is a few old tunnels they have abandoned. Go ride your bike down it, it goes quite a ways, and no one will stop you.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
can you guys post co-ords or something ????

it would be good if others could investigate this too.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBRINGxONx2012x
Okay, I just recieved a message from my friend...here is what he said:

It was a part of the old pa turnpike...in the town of Breezewood, Belford County

Well, it isn't close to Breezewood, but I believe that Cheney's perpetual "Undisclosed Location" is south west of there in the mountains between Waynesboro and Gettysburg:

www.boston.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i think i know where itis located I think it is located Dauphin County, just over the susqehana river bridge on the Pa Turnpike. If your going towards the York exit from Harrisburg East it's along the side of the road there is a dirt road that leads for miles and it has a high fence and warning signs there on the fence...I don't exactly know if this what your talking about but i think it is that one

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Well, it isn't close to Breezewood, but I believe that Cheney's perpetual "Undisclosed Location" is south west of there in the mountains between Waynesboro and Gettysburg:

Actually its practically in Cascade, Maryland, just North of Fort Richie, a former SIGINT Army base with.I used to live on Catoctin Circle, in Fort Richie when my Dad was stationed there.

Site R Is a part of the Alternate Joint Communications Center (AJCC). I went up there once on a bring your "family to work day" sort of thing and we got a tour of it up to the heavy blast door.

I even remember how to get there to this day, even though Fort Richie is now abandoned.
I'd love to go back there and look around again.

Its located
50 miles SW of Harrisburg, near Blue Ridge Summit
(POINT(-77.434558868408 39.437535355387))

And just wanted to add that Site R has had a facedrop since last time I looked at it. Fort richie looks horrible, and Site R looks twice as bad now.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by kthulu]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm less than an hour away. I'm willing to scout it out with a few people.

There's an underground facility in my town under a State Institution. Its marked as an old fallout shelter, but apparently it was created as a base for officials to hide should a war begin.

Hey we're all out in the middle of nowhere. That's probably the safest place to be right?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I'm less than an hour away. I'm willing to scout it out with a few people.

There's an underground facility in my town under a State Institution. Its marked as an old fallout shelter, but apparently it was created as a base for officials to hide should a war begin.

Hey we're all out in the middle of nowhere. That's probably the safest place to be right?

Im guessing here, but are you by chance in Lorton Virginia?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Snyder County, PA

Although I have heard of Lorton. If where we are talking about is in Ghettysburg, then I am more than an hour, but still willing.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering if there is a secret facility somewhere near York County. There's freemasonic signs and symbols EVERYwhere, and the people in that region act so frickin' weird. I got the worst feeling while I was there. I'll never go back there, man. EVER!

[edit on 16-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Could the secret entrance to an underground facility possibly be located in a masonic lodge?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
find the location on google maps. try to discern where this base is. if it's blurred out it's probably still operating.

if it was just a military radar repair station, or old mines, it won't have amazing res but still should be able to be identified.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's a military training zone where they live fire ammunition during training, I was stopped when I used to ride my bike back there and asked what was going on when three trucks of soldiers were being driven around. I mean it could have been a lie knowing our govt. I just thought I'd provide insight on what they told me about a year back. And yes there were police and military personnel that I physically saw while being told to leave the area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join