It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible is a recent hack job mystery solved

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoneguy
Marduk states:

Undo please try to refrain from turning this thread into one coloured by personal belief
thanks
thats the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve here ..............

Marduk, I think it is very obvious to all what you are trying to do here. I will not attempt to call that into question. However, I will take exception to how you try to accomplish this.

[edit on 6am4 30 200 by goddogo1]

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Spiderj]big quote

[edit on 4/8/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I generally try to sit on my hands when I read a thread I have nothing to input to...

That said, this has been a fascinating read, except pages 2 through about 7 when it disrupted into an athiest vs thiest epeen duel! Uberarcanist has to be one of the most disruptive forces on this site and I have to ask 2 questions of him now:

1. can you share the secret of porcelain?
2. are you Gooey?

As to the biblic stuff, can everyone back down and discuss the OP point? From what I read (and yes I did slog through the slugfest), I couldn't imagine a ruder audience... How would it look if "The pentacooche is the bestest 5 books EVAR" was posted over in the bible section and was inundiated with "xians are morons!" for six pages or so...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

As to the biblic stuff, can everyone back down and discuss the OP point? From what I read (and yes I did slog through the slugfest), I couldn't imagine a ruder audience... How would it look if "The pentacooche is the bestest 5 books EVAR" was posted over in the bible section and was inundiated with "xians are morons!" for six pages or so...

Would you prefer if he just talked to himself or had people pat him on the back repeatedly? It's a thread about biblic stuff. If people who read the biblic stuff, don't respond, he's only going to get posts from people who don't know much at all about biblic stuff and won't even get the gist of his op.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Would you prefer if he just talked to himself or had people pat him on the back repeatedly? It's a thread about biblic stuff. If people who read the biblic stuff, don't respond, he's only going to get posts from people who don't know much at all about biblic stuff and won't even get the gist of his op.

you want me to talk to myself now Beth ?
what so you can listen and make notes
I thought that most of the way through this I have stated that anyone can check these details
its just ironic that people who claim they have faith don't
and then think they know all there is to know because they've had the blinkers on their whole lives
in a way having faith is like believing in pseudohistory
lets take a look at two examples

1) Jesus fed five thousand people with loaves and fishes
there is no evidence for this
this is not possible
not everyone likes cod in breadcrumbs
2) the gate of God is an interdimensional star gate
there is no evidence for thus
this is not possible
not everyone watches sci fi

but when people believe these 2 ideas
they always try to find a way to rationalise it in their heads
they don't look at the overwhelming mass of evidence to the contrary
theres no difference
pseudohistory or religion
its the same thing imo

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well if you prefer to talk to yourself, have at it.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Would you prefer if he just talked to himself or had people pat him on the back repeatedly?

Was I not clear? I thought I had said that the Athiest vs Thiest argument was not appropriate here, I never said any dissention to the OP was inappropriate! Did I use to many big words? Or are you puting words in my mouth?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Or are you puting words in my mouth?

If so I hope you washed your hands first!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Would you prefer if he just talked to himself or had people pat him on the back repeatedly?

Was I not clear? I thought I had said that the Athiest vs Thiest argument was not appropriate here, I never said any dissention to the OP was inappropriate! Did I use to many big words? Or are you puting words in my mouth?

Since I'm clearly a theist (i mean, unless you specify your accusations, you can assume all theists who post in this thread will think you are referring to them), and he is clearly something approximating an atheist, I guess I'm not putting words in your mouth.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If so I hope you washed your hands first!

What the freak kind of answer is this?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Since I'm clearly a theist (i mean, unless you specify your accusations, you can assume all theists who post in this thread will think you are referring to them), and he is clearly something approximating an atheist, I guess I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Other then you and I right now, do you feel you have been disruptful in the rest of this thread? I think he said he did believe in a god (just not "yours") somewhere in this very thread, so Marduk cant be an athiest ...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Other then you and I right now, do you feel you have been disruptful in the rest of this thread? I think he said he did believe in a god (just not "yours") somewhere in this very thread, so Marduk cant be an athiest ...

It seems to me that you have been the most disruptful in the thread. With a name like Marduk, I'm not having any trouble figuring out who his god is.....are you? Please don't take this as a disruption of the thread as Marduk has me on ignore as the truth and facts seem to serve as a kick in the teeth to him. He has grown tired of being constantly proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Why do people work so hard trying to prove if God exists or not. You either have faith or you don't. Those of you who don't have faith, are missing out. Show me one person without faith in God who has peace and harmony in their lives. And don't compare faith to christianity. I've never known a bigger bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi. I'm peacefull and happy and I don't need an outside diety to worship, and I hope I don't sound boastfull here, but I also find myself highly intelligent and imaginative.

The love that religious people have for God, I give to every thing around me, but then... is this really on topic?

[edit on 7-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
lol
why are people going on about having faith in this thread
in case you didn't notice its not about your religious beliefs
its about the obvious fact that what one religion claims are its original stories were in fact plagiarised from an earlier source
not one person so far has had any credible reason why the story of Noah appears in a text from a polytheistic religion 1500 years earlier than it was written in the bible
the people of faith who have replied so far have expessed outrage that anyone should question their belief
when in fact
no one has
thats very telling in my opinion when someone thinks their faith is under attack as a knee jerk reaction it clearly shows that they don't have any

some posters for instance who have been constantly shown to be variously laughable hippocrites, unintelligent bigots, off topic liars and ignorant satanists on every occaison they have posted anything anywhere seem to think that their opinion is valued when they post it in a thread that hasn't at any time asked for it
people who claim for instance that as I am an atheist my opinion isn't valid on matters of faith who don't actually know that I'm not an atheist, its just that my belief in God isn't as reliant on self delusion as theirs is so my faith being stronger than theirs they are incapable of recognising it and claim therefore its non existent
thats laughable
its whats known as a straw man argument
thats when you pretend something is real so that you can then prove it isn't
its a sign of a weak mind incapable of discussing anything of any relevance that isn't tied in to a personal agenda

if anyone ever actually sees specifically "Sunmatrix" post something that isn't a personal attack or an attempt to forward his personal agenda then please let me know

because on that day his lord Satan will be skating to work

so you see I do actually have an agenda
and its getting to the truth in any matter I'm discussing
so anyone posting against me in future pushing their agenda should realise
that means that their agenda is to cover the truth
instead of fighting against it because you personally don't believe something is true why don't you open your eyes and look at the facts
then and only then will you become enlightened.....
obviously if you regard yourself as a person of blind faith then enlightenment isn't for you and I wish you all the luck in the world on your future wearing blinkers

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

if anyone ever actually sees specifically "Sunmatrix" post something that isn't a personal attack or an attempt to forward his personal agenda then please let me know

Here you go genius. I posted it earlier in the thread. It's pretty much a continuation of anything that you have posted in the past. You get your teeth kicked in with facts and you start the usual BS. Like I said in the past..........WEAK.

First your link proves absolutely noting date wise about the Hebrews. What it does do is shoot down your past agrument that BAAL was not a god as your link clearly shows that BAAL is a god.

The Hebrews were not in Canaan in 1400 bc they were in Egypt just as the archaeological evidence proves.

www.cynet.com...

There is not much question about the timeline. The problem with the timeline occurs earliar with attempts to conceal the timeline of Babel and the start of Religion and false gods in Babylon.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

not one person so far has had any credible reason why the story of Noah appears in a text from a polytheistic religion 1500 years earlier than it was written in the bible

Is this your sticking point genius. Oh so it appeared in a text in a polytheistic region 1500 years earlier...........and you have some kind of problem with that.

LOOK AROUND the story is all over the world in ancient cultures. How did it get there genius?
Could it possibly be that it happened? Golly Gosh.....

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
your level of Ignorance is stunning
heres a link to wikipedias article on baal once more
en.wikipedia.org...

Ba`al (baʕal; Hebrew: בעל) (often spelled Baal) is a Northwest Semitic title and honorific meaning "master" or "lord" that is used for various gods, spirits and demons particularly of the Levant, cognate to Assyrian bêlu.

so clearly you got that wrong, Baal is just a semitic word that means Lord
which is why you have lots of deities who use that title

Because more than one god bore the title "Ba`al" and more than one goddess bore the title "Ba`alat" or "Ba``alah," only the context of a text can indicate which Ba`al 'Lord' or Ba`alath 'Lady' a particular inscription or text is speaking of.

I can see why you think that there is a god called Baal though
because you read it in the bible didn't you and you didn't understand what it was saying because of your low I.Q.
how can you come on here knowing nothing about real history and claim any credibility at all
people are laughing at you
I am laughing at you
you aren't even aware of your own ignorant posts
en.wikipedia.org...
and the link you posted is the biggest pile of dogs turd I have ever seen
apparently whoever wrote it believes that the earth was created in 4000bce
this means of course that its based on the chronology of Bishop James Ussher
a belief that even the most whacked out of organised religons dropped about 200 years ago when they discovered science

By the end of the 18th century, Ussher's chronology came under increasing attack from supporters of uniformitarianism, who argued that Ussher's "young Earth" was incompatible with the increasingly accepted view of an Earth much more ancient than Ussher's. It became generally accepted that the Earth was tens, perhaps even hundreds of millions of years old. Ussher fell into disrepute among theologians as well

en.wikipedia.org...
you really are the biggest fool posting anywhere I have ever met Sunmatrix
every single person on ATS completely disagrees with anything you say
you are psychotic basically
its clear why you post in a general type forum like this one
any forum that was into serious facts would ban you
answer this question
how many forums have you been banned from for being a basket case already

LOOK AROUND the story is all over the world in ancient cultures. How did it get there genius? Could it possibly be that it happened? Golly Gosh

so i see you don't know anything about geology either
unless you gonna tell me where all the extra water came from to cover the earth to the height of the mountains and how every race on earth are descended from a hebrew sailor less than 3000 years ago
you are missing the obvious fact though once again in your inability to see past the end of your nose
the earlier stories from mesopotamia don't say that the flood hero was a Hebrew
the Hebrews didn't exist then so that can't be true
they say he was a Sumerian
which means that the bible is actually full of half truths and lies
which of course are reflected in your ignorant pathetic waste of space posts
you're sad Sunmatrix
I'd say I pity you but you're even less worthless than that
you're nothing but a poor little child crying to mummy that your dreams havent come true
"waaah waaaah
no one believes me mummy they all think I'm a basket case"

you are
thats why
p.s. its long been established that people who suddenly start using CAPITAL LETTERS in their posts for no reason are dangerously unstable

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Awwww........did you accidently prove yourself wrong again. Here is your earlier link that shows Baal listed as a Canaanite god. You seem awfully frustrated.............Like your about to pop.

Maybe you can figure out why Baal is a title meaning Lord and also a false god. Maybe you can figure out why Nimrod=Baal=Marduk=Osiris. All your genius and you are stuck on step one.......Baal means Lord.

I thought I was on Ignore. I think you were just afraid. By the way, the Hebrews were in Egypt in 1400BC and not in Canaan..............You were wrong again................Dang that must frustrate you.

Canaanite gods

Anat
Asherah
Ba'al
Baalat or Baalit, the wife or female counterpart of Baal (also Belili)
El (Canaanite god)
Lotan
Mot
Yam-nahar or Yam
Shemesh

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
think you need to click on that word Baal at wiki sunmatrix

just in case youre too ignorant to manage heres what it says when you do

en.wikipedia.org...

Ba`al (baʕal; Hebrew: בעל) (often spelled Baal) is a Northwest Semitic title and honorific meaning "master" or "lord" that is used for various gods, spirits and demons particularly of the Levant, cognate to Assyrian bêlu.

"Ba`al" can refer to any god and even to human officials; in some texts it is used as a substitute for Hadad, a god of the rain, thunder, fertility and agriculture, and the lord of Heaven. Since only priests were allowed to utter his divine name Hadad, Ba`al was used commonly. Nevertheless, few if any Biblical uses of "Ba`al" refer to Hadad, the lord over the assembly of gods on the holy mount of Heaven, but rather refer to any number of local spirit-deities worshipped as cult images, each called ba`al and regarded as an "idol". Therefore, in any text using the word ba`al it is important first to determine precisely which god, spirit or demon is meant.

you got served
and you did it to yourself
wonderful

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here you go genius. You might find you are wrong again, or the Ency. Britannica is wrong along with every other source in the world. Baal is a god and not just a Canaanite fertility god but he was also king of the gods. Baal = Bel = Bellos = Zeus.........or the encyclopedia is wrong. And of course you can see Baal was worshipped in Egypt.

Not only have I proven you wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME...........but you can't admit it even though the facts are right in front of your face. You spend your time acting like an expert and you can't get past step 1.

The azz kickin was so bad last time.........you went into hiding.
Nothing has changed.......you're wrong everytime......try and get used to it or you will pop and blow an artery.

BAAL----god worshiped in many ancient Middle Eastern communities, especially among the Canaanites, who apparently considered him a fertility deity and one of the most important gods in the pantheon. As a Semitic common noun baal (Hebrew ba'al) meant “owner” or “lord,” although it could be used more generally; for example, a baal of wings was a winged creature, and, in the plural, baalim of arrows indicated archers. Yet such fluidity in the use of the term baal did not prevent it from being attached to a god of distinct character.

But Baal was not exclusively a fertility god. He was also king of the gods, and, to achieve that position, he was portrayed as seizing the divine kingship from Yamm, the sea god.

The worship of Baal was popular in Egypt from the later New Kingdom in about 1400 BC to its end (1075 BC). Through the influence of the Aramaeans, who borrowed the Babylonian pronunciation Bel, the god ultimately became known as the Greek Belos, identified with Zeus.

www.britannica.com...

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Sun Matrix]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join