It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and the TV Show "Survivor"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Okay, this might seem trivial but what the heck, I'm posting it anyway....

I'm a bit of a Survivor fan. Love the series. And recently I decided to watch the First Season of the show. The reason the first season is so important is that the show hadn't a defined direction or attitude when it began. You had a wide variety of people all with different reasons for being on the show. Nowdays it's all about Ruthlessness and winning a million dollars, but it wasn't originally like that.

So, the original contestants were all Humans, with mutations to the generic Human form. On one extreme, you had Richard Hatch... who was very manipulative and focused on winning. On the other you had Greg Buis... a crazy guy who was all about having fun with the Money being an afterthought.

If Greg Buis had his way, the show would have been about having fun in the Jungle, and a good number of the other contestants would have loved it that way too. Living in the Garden of Eden.

But of course the pressures of competition for limited resources (votes... in this case) won out and it was the creature that acquired the needed resources that survived the longest.

And in future generations... later seasons... the "I'm just here for the Experience" mutation would turn up now and again, in lesser and lesser numbers. But it would die off quickly. Sometimes deliberately Murdered by the "We Want the Money" mutation who saw it as an interference towards their goal.

As the seasons go by you can see further subspecies of the MoneyWinner evolve... the "Under the Radar", the "Sociopathic Liar", the "Nice Guy with a nasty twist", "The Administrator" etc. And these subspecies continue to evolve.

So, what's the point of this? Just to show that Evolution happens in everything. Successful things that acquire resources continue, lesser things die off. You can argue about the physical mechanism by which it occurs but it is just one of those natural things that happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
makes sense to me .

i love survivor!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I am a Survivor nut too.

Thank God Rocky was voted off, what an A-hole!

new topics

join