It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi king slams 'illegitimate occupation' of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Looks like we are quickly running out of allies in the Middle East. Saudis were our best friends when Iraq had them in their sights back in 91-92 and yes I know they are supposedly family friends of the Bush's but they have been distancing themselves from America each year. It seems that Quatar is also beginning to act a little more coldly towards us and we have a giant Air Force base there.

"In beloved Iraq, blood is being shed among brothers in the shadow of an illegitimate foreign occupation, and ugly sectarianism threatens civil war," Abdullah said.

He also said that Arab nations, which are planning to revive a five-year-old Middle East peace plan at the summit, would not allow any foreign force to decide the future of the region.

In the past, Saudi leaders including Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal have often criticised US policy in Iraq but have never described its presence there as "illegitimate."

If Arab leaders recover trust in each other and regain their credibility, "the winds of hope will blow on the nation, and then, we will not allow forces from outside the region to determine the future of the region, and only the flag of Arabism will be raised on Arab soil," Abdullah said.

Arab foreign ministers meeting ahead of the summit agreed on Monday to call for an amendment of Iraq's 2005 constitution to give Sunni Arabs a greater share of power in the war-ravaged country and prevent its breakup.

Source of story

Another good article

The only ones that have yet to say anything is Kuwait, they know that they owe us dearly for kicking Iraq's ass out of their country but I wonder how long they can resist being shun by their Muslim Neighbors.
Ive also been hearing something about Pakistan turning on us? I cant see Musharef turning against us, seeing how it was his scientists that were responsible for selling Nuke Technology, probably to N. Korea and Iran.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
come on all you pro government people?

where's your cries of

'' TRAITORS ''
'' TERRORIST LOVERS ''

You lost the support of one of the worst terrorist states in the world.

Man, I would of liked to of been there, when bush was read that report.. the look on his face
'' Which one of them, screwed me? ''

People are jumping ship quicker than leo and winslett on this illegial occupation.
I swear, bush will start counting exact numbers of people who still believe in this FARCE, and start presenting that number on the news.

I Love it, I absolutely love it.. how much more of a wake up call do you need.

when Saudi Arabia, of all nations comes out, and tells there friend
'' hey, your messed up, that occupation there, its illegial ''

IF American civilians have a single care in the world for their solliders, they will be doing everything they can right now to MAKE their president see the light.

Every American is going to die, or suffer in Iraq. And the only people who are to blame, are the people still spouting Georgies Rhetoric.

How can you watch your good citizens be murdered for corproate dollars?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes... running out of allies. No question. The days of Bandar Bush are long since past. Let's remember too that the Arab world is split... Sunni v Shia.

Kill 'em all? Big glass parking-lot time? Or might there be a friend in my enemy's enemy? When one looks at the pop breakdown across the theater who might be the better pick in the near-term, and more so in the longterm? Perhaps mix 'n' match depending on the country and it's current power structure?

I guess we'll know before too long... Good friday about 2PM Tehran local timer is my bet...

Here's a CBC link to a population map that shows the breakdown of Sunni/Shia... www.cbc.ca...

Seem's trouible is a brewin' and the coffee beans are Arabic. It be funny for the mayor of Beverley Hills (Iranian fellow) to be the President of a "free" Iran or how about that fine Texan Annousheh Ansari - that'd give the mullahs something to chew on.

I'm prayin' for those Brits being held hostage...

[edit on 30-3-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Love it, nicley put.

Saudi already said if the US pull out they will back the Sunni's in Iraq.
It seems Iran is starting to get the upperhand in Iraq, with the chlorine attacks and the constant secretarian killings.

Maybe they are denouncing it as illegial so they can enter and assist without wanting American approval?

I mean, what are the Americans going to do? Sanction Saudi?

Yeah, who needs their oil anyways!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The only reason the US is on friendly terms with the Saudis is oil. Iraq has revealed the regimes in the regions true colours. Countries like Iran are willing sponsor extremists in order to suppress democracy in the region. Thanks to the Neo Cons being blinded by there own political ideology and there own stupidly regimes in the ME will get away with suppressing democracy in the region.

top topics

join