It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More False Government Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

www.dmia.org..." border=0>

Report Faults Interior Appointee

A senior Bush political appointee at the Interior Department has repeatedly altered scientific field reports to minimize protections for imperiled species and disclosed confidential information to private groups seeking to affect policy decisions, the department's inspector general concluded.

The investigator's report on Julie A. MacDonald, deputy assistant secretary for fish and wildlife and parks -- which was triggered by an anonymous complaint from a Fish and Wildlife Service employee and expanded in October after a Washington Post article about MacDonald -- said she frequently sought to reshape the agency's scientific reports in an effort to ease the impact of agency decisions on private landowners.

More...

It saddens me that I must completely distrust anything my government says.

We deserve better than this.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by loam]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Remember that this isn't the first time -- the Bush administration has been censoring these reports at an unprecidented rate. Scientists have been yelling about this since the earliest days of the presidency. The reported editing has all been about environmental issues.

That's the reported issues that people have been screaming about. Makes you wonder what else they edited, as you said.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
But if those damn pinko lefty Elitist Scientists have free reign over what they publish then they might contradict policy! /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This could become political so I'll try to stay off The Hill but for one statement.

"Don't bring an EPA person into the energy conference is what I remember back in the early 00s."

Are the American people really represented by it's government. Shouldn't we want to really know what is happening. Why are these important facts being hidden, distorted or lied about. Can't we pool scientist into a study group that reports just the facts directly to the people censured! What I have found in all facts about our daily lives including health, transportation, environment, education etc it that you have to do some serious digging to find even half truths. Even the search engines appear to be adjusted like GPS satellites to control the flow of information so that only those with the know how can disseminate the correct data. We are all left to our own devices! You can feed off the media teets or rifle through the mess to find fact, it's a jungle, grab a machete!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Horrible.. they obviously care more for themselves than anything else. I used to think corruptions connected with wildlife is a company thing. I Don't want to slam every government official but.. the Bush administration has only one specialty which is killing and lying.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
We are all left to our own devices! You can feed off the media teets or rifle through the mess to find fact, it's a jungle, grab a machete!

Exactly~ livin in a jungle in 2007 lol

top topics

join