It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muscle Memory Loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Alright this is going to seem really weird but I was wondering is it possible to have muscle memory loss? I'm only 18 years old and I use to play baseball when I was younger. I was always able to throw a baseball and I never had any problems at all. I played baseball for about 6 years. In the past year or so I noticed that for some reason I can't throw a baseball anymore. This isn't something you just lose. You may lose control of the ball not be able to throw as fast, yes but not being able to throw a baseball anymore? I don't think so. I have no clue what happened to my arm, it feels weird everytime I go to throw the ball as though my arm doesn't know what to do.

Can anybody help me?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
dont know man u just probably forgot how to play like before...
its like when u stop playing some hard sport for time and ur body gets out of shape for this sport
some practices and u should be runing good

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
nah that's what I'm saying. I can see if I can't throw the ball as fast or accurate but I can't like throw the ball at all anymore. I have plenty of friends who use to play as well and they can still throw a baseball it's a skill you'll never lose.

It's really weird. That's why I was hoping somebody may know something.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yea well thats strange...u shouldnt forget how to throw the ball

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Have you had an accident during that time? Neck injury or back injury? Something that could have resulted in a pinched or damaged nerves?

My husband has almost lost the use of his hands due to a disc in his neck pressing on the spinal cord and causing it to atrophy before the injury was found and corrected with surgery........His fingers, especially the pinkie and ring fingers tingle, burn and twitch....the fact that these two fingers are worse told the neurosurgeon where to look for the damage. An MRI confirmed it.

A less horrific possibility is that your muscle growth and your skeletal growth are not occurring 'evenly', causing you to be 'awkward' and uncoordinated.....not so uncommon for your age group. If you feel it's too bad to be attributed to this, perhaps you should see a doctor about looking further.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe it has to do with muscle growth. I wasn't in an accident or anything like that, I can still shoot a basketball fine and such. It's just for some reason I lost the ability to throw a baseball correctly. I think I threw better when I was four than I am now to be honest, it's just the weirdest thing you have no idea.

new topics

top topics

join