It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could instigating war against the wishes of your people actually lead to marshal law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I mean, think about it, I think a lot of Americans are a little shaky about what's going down right now, not really sure if it's the right course of action. Could Iraq, Iran, and perhaps further instigations actually lead to descent, possibly violent, among the American people against their government? Could this be the lightning rod that allows for the beginning stages of marshal law, and the basic nullification of the Constitution?

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is probably the name of some policeman somewhere, who gets a lot of grief over his name
I think what you're concerned about is martial law, the state of affairs where the military replaces civilian agencies and civilian laws with its own laws and enforcement methods.

As for an attack on Iran being part of a 'plot' to bring that state of affairs into being (Attack on Iran ---> Civil unrest ---> Martial law), I think you might be stretching things a bit. It would be much simpler (and cheaper, and better for business) to push hot buttons closer to home...use planted agents to stir up a massive gang uprising (ala Watts) in a few major cities, combined with a few big flare-ups along the US / Mexico border. Once those things are well underway, it would only be seen as normal to call out first the National Guard, then the regular army, to 'restore order...and there you have it. Martial law without the need to ignite another very expensive and bloody mess on the far side of the world.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Seems to me that most of the Constitution is already nullified, but I don't think that the power mad folks running things are satisfied yet. I think marshal law is coming, but I think it'll be a false flag terror event that kicks it off, just like Tommy Franks has warned us of.

new topics

join