It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can Top That Story!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Do you have a story better than the one you just read? Do you think you can top the last story? Here is your chance.

Write a short real life or fictional story. The object is to top the person that just posted the last story, this story can not be one or two lines and must be at least a couple paragraphs long. Indicate if the story is real or not. And Have fun.

This one is 100% true!

One time about 15 years ago I was working in a control shop wiring automotive control panels. Anyhow they needed to be crated in wood when they were done so me and a couple of other guys from the shop were going to crate them up. I took a bathroom before I got to started, so the group began without me.

One of the guys named Kevin, was bragging about his new $300 boots and how they were steel toed re-enforce and that they were puncture proof. Kevin took the 120 psi air compressed staple gun and proceeded to shoot a staple into the toe of the boot. It bounced right off and the few guys that stood their were really impressed.

Well, I had just got back from the bathroom and the guys were telling me about Kevin's awesome boots and they persuaded Kevin to do it one more time. That is when it happened. Kevin careful pointed the staple gun towards his toe and before I could say stop, Kevin pulled the trigger and missed the steel toe part of the boot by about 1 millimeter, and shot a 5 inch staple through his foot, nailing his foot to the bottom of the boot. You see, the steel, in a steel toe boot only covers the toe area, not the entire foot.

Kevin's face was priceless it turned 6 shades of white and then came the scream of a 1000 children screaming at once. He ran around in a circle screaming. Everyone burst out into a roaring laughter. And I can tell you there was no sympathy in that group, everyone laughed till they had tears in their eyes and their bellies hurt.

I told Kevin to hold still and I would pull the staple out, with pliers, so he could get his boot off and we could clean his wound, but he refused and told me that only a trained doctor could remove it, so off we went to the hospital.

We waited for 1 hour in the emergency room, until he was called back, at which the doctor took a look and said: "Why didn't you just pull this out with a pair of pliers, now I have to charge you $800 for this and a tetanus shot?" Kevin never lived that moment down, ever.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Realtruth]

join