It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans (not the Feds) unveils Katrina recovery plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

New Orleans (not the Feds) unveils Katrina recovery plan

www.reuters.com

New Orleans officials unveiled a $1.06 billion plan on Thursday to rebuild their city, saying they could no longer wait for federal aid 19 months after Hurricane Katrina.

The plan targets 17 "recovery zones" for commercial development, including hard hit areas such as the Lower Ninth Ward and New Orleans East.

They said the money would come from state funds and from the sale of bonds, and be spent on infrastructure repair and other projects with the hope of attracting private investment to spur new business.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why is New Orleans and the State of Missisippi left with no other choice but to fend for themselves. Where are the Feds in all of this? Why is it taking so long for the Feds to do anything?

This kind of thing makes me so angry. Bush declared it a national emergency and still hasn't provided money for the devastated area. Just exactly what is he waiting for?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What makes me so mad is that they waited this long to get off their lazy butts and get to work! Sheesh! If this happened to me, I wouldn't be sitting there whining that the government didn't help me, I'd get going to work on it myself! There are lots of people that get devastated by the weather and don't get hand outs from the Feds. Do they just sits on their hands and cry? No - they do what they can. If they get help, great! But in the mean time - get to work!

join