It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost attacked by Bigfoot!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
ever been in the woods at night ? i do it a lot and i've been confronted to that type of "screaming" many times . I admit i had to get fresh knickers the first time. I do not live in big foot country , but after enquiring a bit , i found out that foxes tend to sound like human beings going through a lot of pain and/or fear during their reproduction period

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was googling to find out a little more about the limestone caves I last night heard existed somewhere near Round Valley Reservoir, and I came up with a hit on your bigfoot experience, then recognized MY HOUSE on MY STREET, Seven Springs Road, on your Globexplorer pictures. I confirmed that positively by comparing it to my street as seen from Google-Earth.
Every couple of years or so, late at night, we have heard what sounds like bone chilling female or juvenile HUMAN SCREAMS, lasting many minutes. All the neighbors have heard it too. We see lots of deer, an occasional bear, and sometimes red foxes. Up until today I have presumed the screams to be little known sounds made by one of those of animals when in distress of some kind. I wish to learn more of this, and also wonder if you went through North Hunterdon High School and know my kids!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Does Bigfoot exist? I'm not sure but strange things have been known to happen here in the Blue Mountains. An interesting book on the subject is Bigfoot of the Blues you might enjoy it. Tends to make me believe.........

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Haha, that's funny I used to live in Washington, NJ, eight or nine years ago. I think it's about 15-25 minutes north on 31 from that area. Me and my parents used to go to Round Valley atleast once a month. It's still one of my favorite state parks. I never knew that there are limestone caves in the area. Allthough I've never heard any of those sounds where I lived in Jersey, I hear it all the time in the summer here in PA.

I live about 20 minutes from the New Hope/Lambertville brigde, down 202. It's suprising that I hear it here more than in Jersey. Washington, NJ was a pretty rural area compared to where I live now. There is still a lot of forest and tree pacthes here, but in NJ the forest on both sides of my development where enormous.

Anyways, I hear that screaming sound all of the time in the summer. I listened to all sorts of animal and bird sounds, and the closest sound I could find was a eastern couger(and of course the bigfoot recordings). What ever it is it went through my back yard a few years ago while I was watching the leonid meteor shower, and every year since then.

I had my headphones on listening to Moody Blues, and the next thing I now I hear a piercing scream. I almost craped myself, lept straight up out of my chair and ran inside, lol. I figured I was being a wuss, therefore I proceeded to grab the video camera, and went back outside. I flicked on the nightvision and pointed towards the sound(directly at a treeline seperating me and my neighbors house). Needless to say, it was not recording, and I did not see anything other than what my imagination produced. The funny thing is, I thought I saw a large catlike figure(this was well before I thought about listening to animal sounds). But the nightvision is such poor quality at the distance I was viewing(about 75yrds). Like I said before, it was mostlikely a figment of my imagination, the mind is a powerfull thing.

I've been thinking about buying one of the hunter motion cams for this summer. I'm guessing it's a large cat or a fox, but this screaming goes all summer, spring and fall. If I ever get around to buying one of those suckers, I'll be sure to post the video/pictures from it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wow really interesting stuff. I would love to come down to NJ and see bigfoot. We are supposed to have one up here In michigans upper penensula, I'm not sure if we do or not, i've never seen or heard him. It was a big deal when they caught a cougar stalking a deer on one of those motion cams (cougar aren't supposed to exist in this area). You can buy them at wal mart now and they are under 50 bucks, pretty inexpensive. I'd invest in one if I were you I'd love to see some Bigfoot pictures

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So I was wondering around the Cryptid threads and noticed mine has been bumped, I have to admit I haven't really been following this thread(sorry) even though I did write it. I just read the last few posts, Its great to see some people from this area!! Oh and PS yes I do know your kids hahahaha but i'll pm you that later.

Sadly to say because of some things going on in my life I haven't been able to even go out looking just for fun anymore. Hopefully this summer I will actually get my act together and get one of those FLIR handheld cams... till then... adios!

By the way, if anyone finds out about caves in this area drop me a pm, I looked a while back on google and such but found nothing, the only cave i know of around here has been closed off.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
the bigfoot picture is from another guys book, he found some...
hes takin credit for it..... to put matters str8

if u hada gun wouldnt u get attacked?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakefist
the bigfoot picture is from another guys book, he found some...
hes takin credit for it..... to put matters str8

if u hada gun wouldnt u get attacked?

I don't quite understand your question...

Yes that picture is from Lauren Colemans site, but the best detailed up close picture I've seen yet of what they may look like. Go ahead and try to debunk that photo. After seeing that picture, it made me think twice about going out looking for them late at night with no weapons.

Not to mention there are bear in these parts of the woods. I still didnt bring any weapon, just a camera for audio and a flash light. (even after almost getting attacked)

Now looking back at all this, I feel kind of stupid like the "grizzly man"
See what happened to him because he had no protection?

However I do feel some intelligence to them, kind of put me at ease I didnt feel threatened really. Just the normal being in the woods at night alone creeped out kind of feeling. I would always try and not think about how big they are, dangerous and probably lethal with one swipe of the arm.

In actuality if you think about it, look how deadly a normal gorilla is. These things are at least 2x more powerful/bigger.

Allthough its hard to even believe my self fully about what I saw, the prints we found the day after were like no other, I did extensive research on the geonome in my area and what type of animals that size that could have made the print, I found nothing, nadda zilch. I tried so hard to get some kind of photo/audio/video. We went as far as setting up a motion detector camera around trees at night. Only recieved a bunch of deer pictures. For my own personal belief I want to get some sort of hard proof. Anyone that has access to a thermal handheld camera or FLIR also know as white hot... please let me know. I'll pay to borrow it.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by porschedrifter]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok so like 3 years after I finally dig up the video of the day after this happened and edited it up for you guys

stage6.divx.com...

If you dont have the divx web player installed, it should prompt you for it.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by porschedrifter]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
what exactly is this a video of... i'm not fond of installing 3rd party software on my computer (viruses malware bundled) . Can you upload it to youtube or myspace? Possibly convert it?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is the video explaining what happened that night, the day after and the footprints we found at the scene. There is no spyware with divx, it asks to install the google toolbar but you can select not to. I tried to upload it via google but the video uploader wont work for some reason, youtube has a file size and time limit. I opted for stage6 because they allow for free High Definition streaming and no file size or time limits.

Here's the direct link for only the Divx web player download.divx.com...

[edit on 19-2-2007 by porschedrifter]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
stage6.divx.com...

Stage6 is still beta so they changed the link to the video, here's the current one

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Here's the video, requires no download

www.metacafe.com...

[edit on 8-6-2007 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Everyone in that county is too busy working to support their expensive lifestyles

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

why is it that all these people that claim to have seen 'bigfoot' cannot spell?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, i've seen that picture on here before, a long time ago. I will be totally up front and say I don't think you're telling the truth. infact I know. Some people are just more gullible than others

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Hmmm, i've seen that picture on here before, a long time ago. I will be totally up front and say I don't think you're telling the truth. infact I know. Some people are just more gullible than others

And you can go live comfortably in your ignorance.

That picture that you refer to was from Loren Coleman's site, it was taken in Florida, To date that is probably the best picture I have seen when you look at the clarity, realism and detail. All the other bigfoot pictures are grainy and really bad IMO. Real or not, that's what they look like.

I too know something, I know that anyone on here cannot disprove what happened that night, or what I've discovered for myself. I've seen some people on here claim some really out of the norm things, far from this. With that being said, I should also say that I didnt post this and come here for people to try and prove me wrong, or disbelieve me. I came here to share my experience. I'll give you the exact location of where this happened. Whatever you want. If you do some research about bigfoot and really read up, the thought of another undiscovered ape species living in North America as well as other Continents, aren't that far off from making sense.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
There are so many legends, so many sightings.... I do not deny their existence. An old mountain man, here in Alaska, told me a strory some time back. John Luster was in his 90's when he died a few years back- and I had the pleasure of spending 10 months in the mountains with him. I learned so much- and everything was the "old way" on horseback, nothing mechanized. John's guide license was # 4 in this state- and a world-class guide and outfitter. And he was half American Indian, an outcast in his youth because he was half-white, hence his decision in the 40's to come to Alaska. In his clientle were bankers, doctors, and he even took Rossevelt hunting here-so we have established in a few lines who this unique man was-
I asked John what was the one thing he could never figure out, and he told me of the creature that stole half of his moose.
"I was on foot," he said, "and I was in the mountains, stalking a good size bull for meat, and when I did get a shot he was on a little ridge maybe 200 yards or so from me. As there was a real wet area between us I knew after I shot that I would have to go up, and then back down to get to the kill. I shot, the moose dropped, and 20 minutes later I was the spot he dropped. Only thing was, only half the moose was there !" He told me the moose was " ripped " in half and the front side was gone! Yes, there was sign left. And he said that is was not bear sign, that what he saw was big and shaped like a human foot- he said he left right then- and did not look back-
First thought, Bear. No, he said, the carcass was carried off- not dragged...
I then said , what -Bigfoot? He just looked at me, and said no more-
John showed me much- Thunder egg beds (geodes) fossils, etc. And I believe his story- And when I am in the wilderness now I look at things differently.
They are here in Alaska- and like some others in this thread I kind of hesitated before posting this as this sighting was not by me- however I have no reason not to believe Mr. Luster.
I have been in the wilderness here and just ...had a feeling...that something was watching me. Once was on Caribou Creek, about 30 miles in the mountains from mile 100 of the Alaskan Highway.It really spooked me- I still recall how nervous I was-
Alaska natives say they shape shift- that when they are seen is when they are caught by surprise. I will post some more on this, as local native lore is very in depth and there are several names for them here in Alaska.

Thats an amazing story lol!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
I know someone having seen the bigfoot ,it's an old hairy man living im northern British Columbia forests... this one is more an halloween costume, look at the human red eyes after a camera flash..

Actually, one of the known attributes of Bigfoot are their red eyes. Look it up.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweeker
I am far from being not interested, I believe they are out there but... the way porsche depicts the ammount of them, in what seems to be a very residential area. Makes the pill hard to swallow.

In order for them to have survived this long, they have to have a large amount of population, one would think right?

Well that night we came across three, maybe. And the few other nights we came across a few others. Of course there's no way of telling if they were the same ones as before. When I go back and read my first post that started this thread, I see how excited I was, everything was amplified because my adrenaline was flowing while typing that since it happened so closely.

I do have to admit though, after the night of finding footprints leading up to the window 8ft from the very computer that I typed this story from, that creeped me out ALOT and it really kinda made me less wanting to find them and go out looking for them at night. I admit i was young, but it was VERY stupid of us to go out into those woods, by ourselves with no weapons, no knives, especially being that Bear do in fact inhabit those woods. When I look back at it now it was extremely foolish, I dont know how close we were too losing our lives that night but I can tell you now... It didn't feel too safe when it was happening....

But anyway, back to the part about the window. It scared the S@*T out of me, really... It honestly was to me like they were saying "You wanna find us, well we'll find your house and watch you."

No. I'm not having that.

Granted we did find footprints behind the house about 5ft from the back door leading up to the crab apple tree, so while they were eating they could have just sent out a scout to watch over me to make sure it was safe, on the other side of the house... But still... Just the thought of it looking at me while I was there the whole night, from about 3am to 6am till the sun came up, was at that chair typing here.... And it was watching me.. Get the idea?

Bugged me out.

Anyway, I still have the video from the day after of what we found, I keep taking it down because i'm afraid of what other people thing, but I shouldnt really care, maybe i'll keep it up this time. When it's done uploading i'll put the link here again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join