It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiegel International - "Evil Americans, Poor Mullahs"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Spiegel International - "Evil Americans, Poor Mullahs"

www.spiegel.de

By Claus Christian Malzahn

Forty-eight percent of Germans think the United States is more dangerous than Iran, a new survey shows, with only 31 percent believing the opposite. Germans' fundamental hypocrisy about the US suggests that it's high time for a new bout of re-education.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
forum-international.spiegel.de
www.spiegel.de
forum.spiegel.de

mod edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 3/30/2007 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well I have stumbled upon the German version of this article and i couldnt believe my eyes. This desinformation is so OBVIOUS that many people are no longer respecting "Spiegel" as a political Online Newspaper.

There are at least 50 pages of replies with alot of people who are very critical about the US. And i couldn't help myself to think about it:

Because this article indeed is written SO badly and ridiculously, could it be that they are really making the world to hate the "USA"?

To make the world believe that the real problems are "wrong politicians" in "wrong positions"? Distracting from the fact that the true problem is given in any country. Politics owned by the Corporate Elite.

A big theatre.

Please tell me what you see in this bizarre form of "Propaganda". This is utterly Important.

www.spiegel.de

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Because this article indeed is written SO badly and ridiculously, could it be that they are really making the world to hate the "USA"?

They dont need to "make" anyone hate the USA, because the fact is most of the world already hate the USA this article is just merely stating the obvious.

But people are changing that hate into worry, people are starting to worry about the people who live under the USA government, because the more people that carry on supporting their government the more power the USA has on the american people and the rest of the worlds existence.

The people of the USA need to know what their government is up to.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well if they want to call americans evil, then it's only fair that they should call the mullahs evil as well.
I doubt very much if they would win a popularity poll either.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What do you American-haters think would happen if the US just decided to take it's ball and go home? Do you really think that the world would be a better place? Come on

This is getting ridiculous as I see so many people living in glass houses hurling stones.
So, all you of anti-American bigots... your countries are perfect eh? You have nothing in your histories, or happening currently, that could be construed as failed foreign policy or questionable legality?

So, go on now, hate all you want. Alienate the big bad US. Someday, and hopefully sooner than later, this country is going to have leadership that remembers who did what for whom and there will be consequences. I vote for pulling ALL international aid; financial, technological and otherwise. Bring all of our troops home and create dozens of power vacuums around the globe. Restrict all of our technological trade and begin charging an added premium for access to anything American. Oh how quickly you all would start crying the blues... Then we would be hailed as selfish.

You people can't have it both ways. No country on Earth is perfect and no leader is perfect. Whereas I agree that this administration is abominable, to say the least, it's what we have now and will be replaced when we can Constitutionally do so. The approval rates for theis President are among the lowest ever recorded for a sitting President - I think that demonstrates that America isn't all that supportive of what is going on either. But to continue this global roast of everything we've ever tried to do for the world is a joke.
Try looking in the mirror and see if you can honestly say that you're not a hypocrite!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The spin in that story is so big my head is spining

First of all, the question was "who is more dangerous right now for the world, USA or Iran?". Obviously, USA is. Bigger army, nuclear and chemical weapons, torture camps/prisons, constantly invading other countries, arresting their citizens and sending them to illegal prisons, wars based on questionable and innacurate inteligence, manipulation of natural resources of the countries they invade... list goes on and on.
Meanwhile Iran is within its own borders, has no nuclear weapons, is mainly trash-talking others (save a few incidents) while maintaining normal economic relations with the west. Their main beef is with Israel (it used to be with Iraq, but the USA took care of that problem for them) and the question wasn't "who is more dangerous for Israel right now".
So yeah, in the eyes of many, Iran is not an immediate danger to the whole world.

Saying that someone is dangerous does not imply hatred. Just because people think USA is dangerous doesnt mean they utterly hate them.
If anti-americanism was as rampant as suggested nobody would watch american TV shows or buy their products.
There is no such thing as "anti-americanism" in Europe, there is only persistant criticism of current goverment's foreign policy.
Only a dictatorship equals the leader with the state, making any kind of criticism "unpatriotic" or "anti-*insert country here*.

Article is jumping all over the place, connecting Hitler with everything and it Godwins itself several times.
There was only one Hitler. Nobody alive today on the planet earth is like Hitler. Not Bush, not Ahmadinejad. End of story.

God, what a poorly written article that was...

What is more dangerous then anything else are people who are trying to create the atmosphere of anti-americanism, anti-islamism, trying to divide people into simplified fractions, alienating them, media-induced outrages over irrelevant things... whoever is controlling that, they are the real danger.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What do you American-haters think would happen if the US just decided to take it's ball and go home? Do you really think that the world would be a better place? Come on

Hell yeah!!!! perhaps our own by the people elected government will start working on Americans and America domestic agendas to benefit us rather than personal and corporate agendas to benefit the profiteers of war.

Look at Saudi Arabia now becoming very outspoken about the legality of US occupation of Iraq.

Is a difference between hating a nation and hating what the elite by the people elected politicians are doing to our nation.

So don't try to get it all twisted now to the rest of the world we old pay as sinners.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I passed by a Kiosk today on my way home:

There was the cover of a "Spiegel" Magazine in the most front clearly visible for everyone.
"Mekka Germany - The silent islamification of Germany!"
Islamification? What kind of word is that? I've never heard of that before? Is that like "Re-Education"? How about publishing some News about the Silent Nazification of the World?

What a coincidence that they are publishing such a release right now.
On "Swiss Television 1" there are going to broadcast, who will guess what movie, "True Lies" this weekend.
Arnold Schwarzenegger VS. the EVIL Iranian Terrorists.
What a ridi#incolous coincidence.

You guys, apart from kozmo, are so right.

Paperclip and co. That was exactly what people started to reply in the corresponding german forums of this News-Story.

Many people are well-informed. There is no thing like "Anti-Americanism", or "US-Haters". FYI: Kozmo. It might appear like that sometimes. But we are only criticizing the Elite, in fact. And maybe a bit of anger towards the people who don't stand up. You somehow failed to understand what was my intention of posting this News-Story. You also failed to understand what this Article actually means.

Some of the spiegel-forum users were absolutely right:

It's not time for "Re-Education" aka "Brainwashing".
It's time for people like Mr. Malzahn to get a regular "Education" in first place.

I didn't have any time to reply on the German Spiegel Storyforums, but the International English one seemed pretty empty when I've last checked it yesterday.

It might be a good Idea to post some replies and maybe link to "ATS" on the English/German Version. I don't know about advertising though. I haven't read anything against Linking to another page in the Registration Rules of "Spiegel". They are pretty short.

Sadly Enough there is no way for people to discuss the printed Version of "Spiegel" when it comes out with an "islamification" paranoia-cover in the real world. :F

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Please accept my deepest apologies if I had misunderstood your statement or misconstrued the purpose of your post.

My diatribe was not meant as an attack against you personally, simply against the rampant anti-Americanism that I am witnessing on nearly every thread. Hell, we could be talking about aliens and someone has to bash America!

What is aparent to me is that people are confusing their anger toward our administration's failed foreign policy with anger toward the US. As I stated before, this President's dismal approval rating indicates that the majority of Americans DO NOT support him or his policies. Sadly, we are bound by our Constitution that requires that we rely on our elected officilas to take action against such tyrranny - they have not. We as a people are slowly becoming prisoners of our own government as they run rampant and roughshod over other nations. We are not alone - other countries have been hijacked as well. Let us not point fingers at other nations until we have done everything we can to correct the ills that lie within our own borders - eh?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Should this be a surprise? France,England,Germany are being over run by Muslim extremists. You want to know the real reason Tony Blair hasn't already sent fighter jets in to bomb Iran? It's certainly not because he fears Iran, it's because he fears what Muslim extremists in his own country will do if he does.

Of course, Germany and France have been on the "hate America" trip for a long, long time. I don't even know if it's worth discussing to be honest.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
[EDIT]

I am actually going to leave this unsaid because I think I have made my supposrt of America tending to its own business rather than everyone elses abundantly clear.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram

Well I have stumbled upon the German version of this article and i couldnt believe my eyes. This desinformation is so OBVIOUS that many people are no longer respecting "Spiegel" as a political Online Newspaper.

There are at least 50 pages of replies with alot of people who are very critical about the US. And i couldn't help myself to think about it:

To make the world believe that the real problems are "wrong politicians" in "wrong positions"? Distracting from the fact that the true problem is given in any country. Politics owned by the Corporate Elite.

A big theatre.

Please tell me what you see in this bizarre form of "Propaganda". This is utterly Important.

www.spiegel.de

I think by focusing on the US, it takes the heat off of their own corrupt officials. So we're just the punching bag.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The world doesn't hate ``the US`` they hate the US government, and their policies of torture, war for profit and messing with everyone.

And the majority of the US population hate their government too, and that is some hope for the world. People around the world will love the US again and take them as examples when they act like they were, they act in a moral way, and for the good of humanity, not for corporations making money.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Don´t forget Germany has a certain history where they tried to invade a few countries a few times, and killed a few people. The Germans are taught this in school, how bad they were and how they should feel sorry for the war etc. (I know I live there)

So when a country like the US invades other countries like Afghanistan and Iraq, Iraq for No legal reason, then its obvious that they see the US as an aggressor.

Plus the news isn´t as biased, doesn´t show one sided coverage in Isreal or any other Muslim confrontations. I watch CNN, RTL, BBC and Euro news and believe me CNN, FOX & even the BBC select phrases and show things in a biast way.

Personally I don´t like the Muslim religion, the way women are put down their backward laws etc. But the Media is running a biast witchhunt against muslims imo.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Please accept my deepest apologies if I had misunderstood your statement or misconstrued the purpose of your post.

My diatribe was not meant as an attack against you personally, simply against the rampant anti-Americanism that I am witnessing on nearly every thread. Hell, we could be talking about aliens and someone has to bash America!

What is aparent to me is that people are confusing their anger toward our administration's failed foreign policy with anger toward the US. As I stated before, this President's dismal approval rating indicates that the majority of Americans DO NOT support him or his policies. Sadly, we are bound by our Constitution that requires that we rely on our elected officilas to take action against such tyrranny - they have not. We as a people are slowly becoming prisoners of our own government as they run rampant and roughshod over other nations. We are not alone - other countries have been hijacked as well. Let us not point fingers at other nations until we have done everything we can to correct the ills that lie within our own borders - eh?

Nope. It's not just against our current administration. I dislike everything America has become. What ever happened to the country we could take pride in. A country that was willing to lay down the lives of it's son's for the freedom of Europe - against a VERY apparent Nazi threat ... not an invented threat of WMD's and control of oil fields?

Corporate American has run amok and transformed most of our nation into greedy comparison whores and gossip mongers. "hey, he's got a better car than me" - "did you hear what Donald Trump said?" - "Sure, I'm happy at Local Market Supllier, but if you're offering more money at Corporate nation ... "
What ever happened to community? What ever happened to morales? What happened to our great leaders like Thomas Jefferson, or Abraham Lincoln. The people that wanted to protect the American people from government like we have now. In fact, they wrote extensively warning against the creation of Federal Banks that would control american's money. Even after Woodrow Wilson uncostitutionally inacted the policy of Federal Income Tax (thus, creating the Federal Reserve), he regretted ever turning over control of America to the hands of a select few. That - IMO was the turning of America. Our fall from grace.

Wasn't it Stalin that said "Fascism is the perfect merger of corporation and government." I beleive we've reached perfection in this country and we're all too worried about Mr. Jones's new boat or the release of the latest World of Warcraft or who Brad Pitt is screwing this week to care anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You have voted tyranny22 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

You are right that we are not what we once were. People also take more interest in muck entertainment than they do in reading a book that could actually help their intelligence level. I think much of it is due to the liberalization of our country, but there are other factors as well.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a surprise: The Spiegel-Forums are "moderated".
Every post gets verified by an administrator before submission.
I doubt that my post will be accepted.

Welcome to the new world of Censorship.

I'm so tired of this # probably best to make myself some dinner now.
Before the times of Global Warfare come back. Before the only food you get are potatoes.

*Sigh*

Ah yes, and kozmo. Naturally i accept your apology. I usually try not to take things personally anyway, the Real-World is emotionally already challenging enough. No need to emotionally fight each other around here also

[edit on 30-3-2007 by osram]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

it depends on if the world can correct over 100 years of US lead imperialism. In a day? No. A week? No. Years and years later? maybe.

Id like to start off by saying im not Anti-American, im anti-imperialism. I seperate (for the most part) US citizens from the policy makers and their actions. I dont see citizens out on the street protesting for military intervention in grenada, i see them out there against it.

This is getting ridiculous as I see so many people living in glass houses hurling stones.
So, all you of anti-American bigots... your countries are perfect eh? You have nothing in your histories, or happening currently, that could be construed as failed foreign policy or questionable legality?

You raise an interesting point, has American foreign policy failed? IMO, no it hasnt, in fact been largely successful in its goals, some of them being the safety of the fortune 500 and the process of capital accumulation. IMO the goal of US foreign has never been about the spread of democracy, as US leaders have supported some of the most brutal and fasctic regiems in the world.

So, go on now, hate all you want. Alienate the big bad US. Someday, and hopefully sooner than later, this country is going to have leadership that remembers who did what for whom and there will be consequences. I vote for pulling ALL international aid; financial, technological and otherwise. Bring all of our troops home and create dozens of power vacuums around the globe. Restrict all of our technological trade and begin charging an added premium for access to anything American. Oh how quickly you all would start crying the blues... Then we would be hailed as selfish.

I think cutting off all aide and credit and exchange would hurt the US just as much.

The issue, i think, is that many people in the world associate US policy and leaders, which the commonwealth and common mind of US citizens. Its that mentality that allows anti-American propaganda to flourish. If people realized that US citizens are citizens of the world just like them, i think world opinion of the US would change.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram
What a surprise: The Spiegel-Forums are "moderated".
Every post gets verified by an administrator before submission.
I doubt that my post will be accepted.

Welcome to the new world of Censorship.

Yeah, I have posted a thread not directly related but indirectly related here:

Google And Yahoo

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
A country that was willing to lay down the lives of it's son's for the freedom of Europe - against a VERY apparent Nazi threat ...

Id also like to point out that US leaders and presswires had a strange attitude towards nazi germany and hitler that was basically "Give hitler a chance" Hell certain US presswires had nazi's as guest columnists at points during the war.

Many US business leaders (ford(or maybe it was GM) and ITT come to mind) did business with the nazi's (building parts of tanks and such) and instead of these companies being prosecuted for treason, many of them collected money from the US government for damages and lost equipment.

I even recall stories of Allied planes being instructed to avoid certain factories because they were owned by US businessmen. Eventually the people of the cities with these factories used them for airrade shelters, knowing they wouldnt be bombed.

The US did a great job fighting the war, without them, IMO the allieds would have had one hell of a fight, but big US business has been entrenched in political manipulation of a LONG time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join