It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rock hounds help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hubby was digging up the yard (landscaping) and he gave me a rock and said heres your diamonds. This thing has pieces in it that are glistening as shiny as any diamond I've ever seen. So how do you tell if it is a diamond or a just crystal or quartz? When we built this house we dug down about 20 feet to dig out enough solid level ground to build the house on, gosh it would be great to find I am sitting on a diamond mine. LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If you are can I be your friend? lol........

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How about a pic?

So this is a rock with many crytals in it?
Is there a lot of Granite in your area?
Also, are there a lot of really really white rocks in the area?

A picture would be quite helpful..

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Diamonds can look very different from one to the other, but take a look at this link.
images.google.ca...

Also, knowing what area you live in would tell us if it's even possible that you've found a diamond.

Let us know what you find out, and if you can, post a picture.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I live in southwest part of the state Virginia. There is a lot slate, quartz, coal and different types of stone in this area. The guy who owns the land across the hill from me mines his land for stone and sells it all over the country.

I was just fussing the other day about how I live out in the boonies, town is thirty minutes a way, we get our water from a well and dug our own septic system so we could live in the country, and what do I hear when I go outside, a lot of noise of loud machinery digging out the mountain until dark every night.

I will try and post a pic tomorrow since I have never tried to but my daughter is home for the weekend and will be able to use my camera to upload the pics.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That will be great goose.
I like trying to solve mineral mysteries.

I hope you can get a photo up, we'll take a crack at it!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

www.dmme.virginia.gov...

You might have something.

new topics

top topics

join