It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Earthquake Donation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Recently, there has been a huge earthquake in Iran (my parents' home country). The magnitude was registered at 6.5 and has pretty much leveled the ancient city of Bam. I am asking any of you that are able to make a donation please do, any amount of money would help at the moment.

There are three different ways that you can help NOW:

1- Red Cross

Make an online donation to the American Red Cross by clicking here. Make sure you select the "INTERNATIONAL RESPONSE FUND" on the right hand side of the page.
you can call Red cross at:1-800 helpnow. They walk you through how to send money to Iranian earthquake victims.

2- MercyCorps' Iran Earthquake Fund

Make an online donation to MercyCorps' Iran Earthquake fund. The MercyCorps team is scheduled to arrive in Iran early Saturday morning.

3- Send your aid online through NIAC. We have an agreement with the American Red Cross that all the money NIAC collects will be used for Iranian earthquake victims only:
More than $8,000 has been raised through NIAC for the earthquake victims in the last few hours.

Thank you!

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The iranian government can foot the bill for this thanks, call me cruel but when they refuse aid from Israel i think i earn the right to be picky.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm a apparently going to pay as a taxpayer because my big bad evil US government is ONCE AGAIN johnny-on-the-spot with assistance. Evil bastards.

And I'm glad they are.

But I'm so torqued off at the Iranian comments concerning Israel I could go postal.

Apparently the evil maliscious US government cares more about the Iranian earthquake victims that the Iranians do.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would like to help but my grandmother was a jew and my money would be offensensive to them

or maybe since it was just my grandmother that was one of satans chosen maybe only a fourth of my money would offend?

but I guess it doesnt matter the GREAT SATAN you know us the USA is sending help

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
With Israel threatening unilateral military action against Iran, is there any wonder that Iran wouldn't want them in?

Am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah, you're missing something here.

The statement was not concerning whether Israel would "come in", it was a blatant rejection of any type of assistance from them.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for all your wonderful comments! I thought we are all supposed to put aside our differences in a time of disaster and help our brothers and sisters that are in need !!! Let me remind you that Iran was the FIRST (1) country to offer its' condolences to the U.S. after 9/11.

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

The statement was not concerning whether Israel would "come in", it was a blatant rejection of any type of assistance from them.

So, you should accept help from someone who wants to kill you???

nice logic...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexxy

Originally posted by Valhall

So, you should accept help from someone who wants to kill you???

nice logic...

Are you smoking crack?

What kind of question is that? First off, the Israelis don't want to kill the Iranians. Second, if some one wants to send me assistance (food, money, blankets, rescue workers, I don't care) when my baby or neighbor is trapped under a ton of rubble, the first LOGICAL thought I'm going to have is NOT going to be "those rat bastards want to kill me - nope I'll just let my baby die before I'll take their (fill in the blank)". It probably would be more like, YES! thank you!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Please don't think of yourselves think of the people that need the money or whatever you feel like donating. This is very ignorant of all of you to be quarralling like this when hundreds of thousands of our brothers and sisters need our help. Please don't base your choice on whether or not Iran would not accept help from Israel. Look, the U.S. has already sent firefighters from California to Iran to help in the search. Even YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT is helping Iran. If they could put aside their differences I'm sure you can too.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well, I wish them the best of luck, and hope that the death toll is exaggerated.

When they rebuild, lets use something a little sturdier than mud-brick this time....hmm??? This is why earthquakes like this have such a high mortality rate in these nations. Sure, it's quaint to live in ancient structures, but the first time a natural disaster hits...it's a catastrophe of epic proportions.

Unfortunately, I'd bet that any rebuilding would be of the same materials, and just be setting it up to happen all over again. We've had earthquakes of similar magnitudes in mass urban centers, and still not loss of life on this scale....

My thoughts are with the victims, and their families, but they must not set themselves up for this again....

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Gazrok, the citizens of Bam and the people living near it could not afford anything close to what we have here in the U.S. They are still living like they would be living thousands of years ago, in mud houses.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
WHAT DONT PEOPLE GET.

SET ASIDE YOUR GOD DAMN DIFFERENCES.

50 THOUSAND DEAD.

No matter what hatred must reside within these countries, the fact of the matter is that 50 thousand innocents died. These were people lived to die, dying to live.

If you dont want to give money dont, dont make up excuses.

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is all I can and will give to the cause.

www.sendaturd.com...

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD

www.sendaturd.com...

Why do you even bother to post?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Why would you post something so incoherent and arrogant as that?

Your a turd to make a remark like that.

These 50,000 plus people died from an earthquake, not thier own doing.

People like you disgust me.

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Im sorry, flame me if you wish. The U.S. has aided the Irani government, gave aid, care, and food supplies over there..and in return? The Iran government STILL thinks we are evil, ungrateful bastards - Not the people, the government itself.

-wD

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Im sorry, flame me if you wish. The U.S. has aided the Irani government, gave aid, care, and food supplies over there..and in return? The Iran government STILL thinks we are evil, ungrateful bastards - Not the people, the government itself.

I agree with you. This is about the people not the goverment.

The people need to know that thiers help. Iran should open its doors.

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
-wD
:

That's how I feel. My post was directed toward the government not the individual people living in their mud huts.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
-wD
:

That's how I feel. My post was directed toward the government not the individual people living in their mud huts.

You should make that point clearer next time. It was a tad confusing if you know what I mean.

top topics

join