It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is our world coming to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am so sick of everyday seeing more news of suicide bombs, terrorist threats, weapons of mass destruction, etc. Sure, we can't have a perfect world and war is necessary every once in a while...but not our current war of course. I think all weapons of mass destruction should be destroyed, but it will never happen because now that we possess the technology we need them to feel safe from the threat of others who would build them.

All these bad things that have been happening recently really make me wonder if we will even be around for another 20 years, we weren't put on this planet to kill each other off.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, they have been like this for the last 60 odd years or so...

Imagine what it was like to live during the WW2 era?
Or in the 1950's with the Red menace and the Korean War....
Or in the 60's with the Vietnam war....
Or in the 70's with the Cold war and the fear of nucleur war (hey that went from the 50's onward) and the crazy russian leadership ...

etc etc..

Get used to it, it's a part of life

The more complex the world gets the more conflicts we will encounter and learn about.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What about if you lived in France in 1914, or in Virginia in 1862, or anywhere in Europe in the middle ages,

and so it goes. . .

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
yea I know all you hear is bad news, but there is a lot of good things goin on also.....

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Actualy if you think about it, how about europe during the black death, - over 1/2 the population died, Of the famine that lead to the crusades, or the invacions of the Turks / Celts / Vikings / Norse / Romans / Greeks / Cathaginians etc etc....

What amazes me though is that there were times and there were people, who lived their entire lives when nothing interesting happened, just toiled away in their fields and with their animals, lived, breathed, bred, and died in peace. ... God how boring!!

May you live in interesting times! - Chinese prayer...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Im not really talking about how bad off we have it or anything...I have a much much happier life than millions, probably billions of others in the world. And I see the bad things that are happening in other countries on the news all the time..

What disturbs me is that we have made so many technological advances in the last century, and yet instead of putting money and effort towards peace and helping the world, we are more concerned about developing weapons and starting wars etc. Our country has spent billions on nuclear weapons, biological weapons labs, many other weapons and research that we will most likely never know about, and all of it serves one purpose, to quickly and efficiently kill as many people as possible. I suppose this is more related to our country than our world...or just those in power who do stupid things

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

What disturbs me is that we have made so many technological advances in the last century, and yet instead of putting money and effort towards peace and helping the world, we are more concerned about developing weapons and starting wars etc. Our country has spent billions on nuclear weapons, biological weapons labs, many other weapons and research that we will most likely never know about, and all of it serves one purpose, to quickly and efficiently kill as many people as possible. I suppose this is more related to our country than our world...or just those in power who do stupid things

I couldnt agree with you more
I think that it is really sad that we cant seem to do something about the violence, the crime, and the diseases that kill millions a year in our countries(just to name a few).I understand that a nation has to be at the top of the game to ensure safety of its nation but this is an ongoing race because everyone wants to be the big dog. Alot of that money COULD and should be used to help others, but instead it is used to destroy other countries and then rebuild them to their previous state. That to me is a big crock of #e. There will never be peace in the world because nations are greedy, power is greedy and people with money are greedy. No one will settle for 2nd best.

join