It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luckily it wasnt American Sailors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Or the entire world would be calling fraud, I cant tell how many times ive seen "the Gufl of Tonkin" incident brought up on this forum lately. What if i were to say that my Dad was served on the USS Ticonderoga in the Gulf from 1963 to 1965 and told me the "Tonkin" story many, many times. So many that i got tired of hearing about it lol.
Point is that he was there, maybe not right up in the middle of it and his ship was never attacked but they did launch several fighters and attack planes that day to counter the threat. My dad never even heard about the incident being questioned , until the internet days. As far as he was concerned it happened just as its described.
Dont get me wrong though, there is no one more committed to wanting the truth about everything than I am.
I also do believe that things are fabricated all the time to create a more "favorable" position for our Govt. but as far as im concerned, the Gulf of Tonkin incident did indeed occur. Maybe not exactly how its told but i do believe it did occur.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seriously though guys, if this had been Americans that were kidnapped, everyone would be calling BS and accusing American of either out and out lying about this or allowed it to happen so that we could have an excuse to expedite our timetable to go to war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure where I stand on that.

Mabe if it were americans hostage, things would be taking a faster pace. To be honest it doesn't matter, it's UK guys. And I for one am in favor of the softer approach my goverment is taking.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah, like the UK is all believable and stuff.

7/7 anyone?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Yeah, like the UK is all believable and stuff.

7/7 anyone?

I don't follow?

Hard not to make that a one liner

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In my cynical opinion, if this had been Americans that were kidnapped we would all be looking down the barrel of WWIII.

George W and his cronies must be feeling ripped off over this – if only they had this fantastic excuse to launch a new “justified” war.

Now they have to take the “pre-emptive” strike angle again, but since Iraq, this tactic is going to take some explaining and selling to the world.

But for my mind, a more realistic invasion scenario has nothing to do with nuclear weapons in Iran. Rather, it has to do with Iran pegging the price of oil against the Euro, rather than the traditional US dollar.

If other oil rich countries followed suit, America would be bankrupt in about a week! (well maybe a little longer…).

I know people will like to debunk this theory and that’s fine – but read about it for yourself. To me it seems far more credible than the “official” reason for invading / bombing Iran.

Iranian Oil Bourse

[edit on 29-3-2007 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
One good thing that its british servicemen is that Britian still has dialogue with Iran the US hasn´t.

I personally think this is all planend to provoke Iran, to make Iran look bad in the media. And its obvious that the US and Britian are on the same track anyway. Iran is supporting the chaos in Iraq and as long as Iran can do this Iraq won´t settle down.

What I noticed in the news is that when they servicemen (&women) were first captured they were "ARRESTED", then then next day or two they had been "CAPTURED" and today to my disbelief the frase HOSTAGES was used.

This shows how the media is used to manipulate the people. Hostages are what terrorists and criminals use.

What many people don´t know is that a few weeks ago, If I remember correctly 6 or 7 Iranian Revolutionary guards were captured by the US near the fuzzy border. Whats happened to them?? They had no consulate access, Iran has not been informed where they are and what has happened to them (according to neutral reporter on BBC radio 5).

How do the allies expect Iran to react?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
its just britain and Irans turn, the US and Iraq did their part to enrich the international bankers and military industrial complex.

the Rothschilds and Rockefellers and all the old money barons put puppetts in power who will wage war for them. I'm starting to belive this includes Iranian leadership, because they seem to be going along with the script

The US presidency is for sale, as is every major political office on the planet. Its no accident you have a texas oil man and a halliburton exec in the white house. One of halliburtons main revenue sources is repairing oil fileds, and supplying the troops.

what better way to raise the stock but to blow up oil fields and start a war ?

But since the US/Iraq war is very unpopular, and the US military is spread very thin, its up to Britain and Iran to go at it now.

I'm guessing after that they will need Isreal to do their part by getting invloved, maybe by bombing Iranian nuclear facilites.

They don't want any nation to get too strong, thats why they handed us a depression, and broke up the soviet union.

I think the US/UK run will end in 50 years or so, and China will be the favored host, and they will wage war with Japan, or somethiing like that

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
OK...about 7/7...just watch Alex Jones' "Terrorstorm", it's obvious that the British government does not have clean hands in regards to to that event.

Therefore, any allegations of "Tonkin" are perfectly justified.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Maybe a British version of the 'Mayaguez' incident?

new topics

top topics

join