It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possibly china's new toy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just found those new pictures off the internet... is it just me or is that a military truck there?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
is it just me or is that a military truck there?

Well it definatly aint one of these

Looks like it could be an ICBM, a big one!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
China has been long rumoured to be seeking a TEL like the Russian SS-25, possibly for the DF-41 or replacing the vehicle used with the DF-31 and giving china true off-road capability

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm 100% sure it's not offroad cabable and certainly it doesn't have a missile in it at the time of the pictures taken.

Manouvering that mass in offroad condtitions is going to be a nightmare.

I doubt that even chinese would allow civilians that close to a nuke.

ps. offroad cabability ofcourse depends on the definition, where should a true offroad vehicle be able to go?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Maybe its a boiler for a plant!!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The vehicle looks very specialized. Compare the cab of the vehicle in the color pictures to the cab in the black and white photo's. They are of similar design.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
looks like the launcher of some kind of missile
or it could just be the case for Gas tubing

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I realy dosn't appear to be a weapon, definetly not a missile look ow ruff it is, not very airodinamick, and I can't see any thrusters.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
lol

the tubing doesn't have to be aerodynamic or have thrusters...

personally, i don't see the point of using this unique looking viehcle to carry some thing common, like domestic stuff when normal truck will do the job... those wheels are designed for off road...
but again i might be wrong...

the viehcle looks almost identical to that Russian missile launcher when without out the outter layer of casing...

my guess is that this could be a Nuke launcher, or an ultra expensive piece of shipping truck

-------------------------ps
the difference between this truck and the current Russian launcher is that it only travels on roads

[edit on 3/30/2007 by warset]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
By the way from the looks of it there are 2 completly different trucks. They are not the same from the looks of it.

Could they be some sort of mobile Medium Range ballistic missiles?

Are those DF-21 MRBM?

like these :

www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
by the size of it, if it is a launcher, then it would be for long range ICBMs (the 2 pic has the same viehcle)

but again i also doubt that they are lauchers, because they don't have those stablizer poles that are required for a deployed lauching position...

but normal factory trucks don't need all those wheels (off road ability)

it might be a unfinished prototype viehcle or some sort... or unfinished produce sold from Russia (since they can't sell Nuke weapon related products to china, but they can sell viehcles with no launching abilities...and china can build the rest)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Load the brain, before you shoot the mouth. Please.

The amount of axles (wheels) are for load distribution.
Not "off road ability".

Lex

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

The amount of axles (wheels) are for load distribution.
Not "off road ability".

Lex

weight destributions is the precise reason for off road abilities

so that every wheel has a lesser weight, and therefore, they don't get trapped into the softer soil

otherwise, trucks will work just as good... road should be able to support what ever is on that thing no problem.. trucks/road proved to be able to support the weight of that huge DF31 no problem

no thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure its some sort of missile transporter / launcher.

The amount of wheels will help with a Varity of terrains - but lets face it, its no moto cross bike, its pretty limited as to where you can take it (i.e parking in London would be a nightmare!)

In my onion the amount of axels is primarillary to provide as much stability as possible during a launch. I've no idea how much force you average ICBM kicks out at launch - might look it up.

Also a prev poster pointed out that not even the Chinese would let civvies that close to a missile - I'm inclined to agree there. That container is probably empty. Maybe privately owned (collector/museum) or its going to be part of a parade or training exercise. Couldn't get any sense out of the web site tho.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
it should be a launcher but i cant see a launching mehanizn or the support legs so it maybe a contaiment unit?liek keep some kind og explozive/chem weapons inside?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
I'm 100% sure it's not offroad cabable and certainly it doesn't have a missile in it at the time of the pictures taken.

Well its most likely a prototype on the way to a testing facility, I dont see signs of a lift and that red paint says its not operationally deployed LOL.

China has been seeking a something like the Topol launcher for quite a while

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It looks alot like one of those giant tunnel drillers, like the ones theye use to put the tunnel under the english channel.

I know this machine and the one in the originals have some differences, but mabe they are parts I heard these machines get as long as three soccer feilds. It would also explain the offroad ability.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

weight destributions is the precise reason for off road abilities

so that every wheel has a lesser weight, and therefore, they don't get trapped into the softer soil

Hmmmm.....ok.

Ever been off-roading, or watched the Jeep shows, on T.V. ?

Off-roaders have independent suspension.
Not fixed axle arrangements.

I agree, and pointed out that the axle configuration was for weight distribution.

However, it is in no way viable for off-road.

If I'm incorrect, I'll happily admit it. I just need some proof.

Lex

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Smokeing_Gun

They are quite different

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Original picture

DF-21 missile and TEL

Russian SS-25

top topics

<<   2 >>