It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Theories About Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was talking with my friends today and I don't know how we got into the subject of ghosts and spirits but we did, anyways we were brainstorming thoughts, and I thought of some theories of what ghosts ans pirits could be, and what they are doing ehre.

I am not very familiar with this subject so correct me if I am wrong.

1st: Could Ghost and Spirits be some sort of species that us humans have not discovered fully yet, but they have discovered us? (If we have an explanation that ghosts are actually peoples spirits than please correct me.)
2nd: If these are peoples spirits, than what are they doing here on Earth, I thought when you died you went to heaven or hell? (I don't believe this by the way, I am an Atheist. I am not even sure I believe in spirits, yet) Could the spirits be the people that didn't believe in heaven or hell? Since they don't believe in it, they don't go to either and stay on Earth as a spirit.

Anyways, these were my thoughts, and yes I discussed both of these with my friends and they were intruiged by this. I don't know if you guys will be, but please don't make me look like a fool, be nice! lol

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They could they just be visions into a "frame dragging time rip" ? I long thought that a reappearing apparition of a farmer walking hastily through the Refinery ( seen by multiple witnesses in broad daylight ) I work at from the top half up was simply a vision from the past seen through a fracture or rip in time/space.

Imagine these rips occuring all the time in locations around the world, this could account for everything from UFO's to Saskwatch to the Loch Ness Monster. The reason there is actually a "hot spot" is due to the origin of the tear/rip and it is projected into positive or negative time.

How these rips may occur is simple, if you were to look at a 3d graphical image of how time is warped around the planet as it rotates through space you can see there is stresses placed apon this fabric. Couple these stress points up with CME's or even seismic activity and you potentially could have a rip that folds back onto itself in a fraction of Universe time...10 000's of thousand of our years.

This could potentially allow co-existant time frames that appear very real to the individual(s) that experience them in a duality that would seem surreal. These living apparitions would interact with you because they would also have a blended reality with your timeline so they would appear nearly solid and real.

Its just a theory and could never be proven but it sure accounts for all the so called Crypto Beast's over time and ghost's in general.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hmmm intersting, So it could account also to the fact that we only feel ghosts, that we cannot touch them. But for beats, if this would be true, then the accounts that have been made in the passed about bigfoot attacking people should be false, or does it? Could you please go into more specific details about your theory, I am really interested. If they are only time rips, could we communicate with them?

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes Mazroth has a good theory there ,I think he is on to something real there.I don't believe ghosts are really ghosts either.I think they are people just like us but a different species of people just like animals have many different species that are similar but have differences too.I don't think that we see them because of " a rip in time fabric" but what if they have bodies that contain molecules vibrating at a different frequency than the rest of us.This was an interesting old StarTrek episode ,I know but if matter can not truly be destroyed but just converted to a different type of matter that vibrates at a frequency that our brains do not perceive....these ghosts could be just regular people going about their daily lives in a different form of energy and matter that is normally invisible to us.Is it possible that sometimes we see the other side when we are near electrical power transformers or city power lines overhead that effect our brain to see these other people?They say ghosts happen around strong natural or man-made magnetic fields\electrical fields. In the right condition ,we sometimes see them.Infrasound that those others create we normally can't hear but we pick it up as E.V.P. on tape recorders?Our brain is most likely not advanced enough to perceive these other ghost people.Perhaps Jesus Christ had the advanced brain ability to see the others and even vanish to the other side to talk with them.I don't think it's rips in time because I don't believe time really exists everything that ever happens, is around us always in the here and now.

Only one small problem with this theory,you would notice if some one invisible was digging a hole in the ground or building a house ,so I guess it's a bad idea.......Ghosts must be just dead people then.Nevermind.

Ok no,wait a minute,I can still save this theory.If The houses,cities materials the ghost people use are all made of the same kind of different frequency matter that we can't see then in theory ,there could be a whole civilization of these people living with us on top of our own city in the same area.Hey you never know ,it could happen...could it?Oh wait no this is another sci-fi movie I saw with that wrestling guy Roddy Piper.In it where they design special sun glasses to see a complete Alien world living among the human population.Ok nevermind....Here is the movie poster "They live".........

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 4-4-2007 by mistr_b2]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Or maybe again they live in our houses with us. Or they don't need houses, they don't need sleep, they don't need food, they don't need water! Seriously, this could be exactly it. They have accepted us in their lives like we have accepted animals, but we still get scared by ghosts like animals still get scared of humans!!!

This is by far one of the best theories I have heard, by far.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't really have any theories on ghost. I personally don't think they exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Its kind of depressing, but I believe Ghosts are merely remnant or a figment of the soul, when the soul departed from the body.

Basically Ghost are the mere shell of the soul, created out of extreme energy burst during there time of death, basically if the deceased were murdered. Depending on how much energy is projected, the ghost could either be concious enough to wander or it could just be nothing more than a repeatedly loop in a small area.

Im guessing usually when the concious enough ghost realize they are dead and acknowledge they are stuck in the physical realm, they become angry, and thats why some attack. So when there is a spiritual cleansing of the house or an excorism (i guess that what you would call it), you are basically reuniting the ghost back to the soul or send it back to some primordial sea of energy.

My theory however make me raise a question, about the soul, but I'll talk about that later.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think it depends on what you mean by ghost, gonna put my opinion in here though :p

dictionary.reference.com...

The usual ghost are, supposedly, 'memories' of a place, like a tape playing back, this is the case of those ghosts that simply repeat their routines daily and have little to no interaction with anything, why this happens I don't know, maybe the place is made sensible by a particularly strong event like a violent death or repeated tragedies.

The other kind of ghost, the ones that appear and talk to people, could be what's left of a person when they die, their shell left behind, usually both kinds dissipate after some time, but the second one may become somewhat like a parasite and feed on energy and emotions of living people.

The part that reincarnates or go to heave/hell or whatever you believe in don't usually interacts with humans, at least not the erratic, random way most ghosts do, these come for a reason with a particular intent, have intelligence and are free, don't need to feed off the living, but some say that some of these that are in a way or another "low" or too attached to their last life may act like parasites.

One thing though, I wouldn't use the word ghost for metaphysical entities, specially because they usually aren't dead humans, and even if some were human sometime they are not the same thing as ghost, spirit would be more fitting. (There are non-human parasites that are like ghosts, and considering many of them are the result of human emotion and imbalance, I think ghost could describe them)

Anyway, that's my opinion, my belief, feel free to disagree...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raziel89
I think it depends on what you mean by ghost, gonna put my opinion in here though :p

The usual ghost are, supposedly, 'memories' of a place, like a tape playing back, this is the case of those ghosts that simply repeat their routines daily and have little to no interaction with anything, why this happens I don't know, maybe the place is made sensible by a particularly strong event like a violent death or repeated tragedies.

The other kind of ghost, the ones that appear and talk to people, could be what's left of a person when they die, their shell left behind, usually both kinds dissipate after some time, but the second one may become somewhat like a parasite and feed on energy and emotions of living people.

The part that reincarnates or go to heave/hell or whatever you believe in don't usually interacts with humans, at least not the erratic, random way most ghosts do, these come for a reason with a particular intent, have intelligence and are free, don't need to feed off the living, but some say that some of these that are in a way or another "low" or too attached to their last life may act like parasites.

One thing though, I wouldn't use the word ghost for metaphysical entities, specially because they usually aren't dead humans, and even if some were human sometime they are not the same thing as ghost, spirit would be more fitting. (There are non-human parasites that are like ghosts, and considering many of them are the result of human emotion and imbalance, I think ghost could describe them)

Anyway, that's my opinion, my belief, feel free to disagree...

Your opinion makes a little more sense. Its a little more rational. I can see a "ghost" as something like a frame of film being replayed, but I haven't really seen any proof of the existence of ghost.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Interesting, I still say ghosts are a complete other species. If everyone that died stayed on Earth as a ghost, we would have a little more sightings now would we. And even if they do die a horrible untimely death, I don't think they'd turn into ghost, I think they just 'die' and that's it.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It could just be that if your conscious whilst dying then you end up as a ghost or... if you die whilst unconscious then you iether go where your supposed to go or thats it.. nothing more..

I sometimes wonder the following when I'm having an OBE (out of body experience).. if I'm in the middle of an OBE and someone put a gun to my head and shot me, would I be seen as a ghost in certain conditions and would I be stuck in that state forever.. quite a daunting thought being in that state all on your own trying to get peoples attention but not being able to.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Imagine if you were a cartoon, living in a 2d world.

Your world essentially is just a plane, you live in up-down, left-right and time.

Now imagine that someone in a 3d world stuck their hand through the plane of your existence.. You wouldn't SEE all three dimensions, what you'd experience would be something odd.. Cross sections of the fingers, and then the hand, randomly appearing and disappearing.

Maybe ghosts are simply beings in universes with higher numbers of dimensions than ours, and we're just incapable of comprehending that with our senses.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
If everyone that died stayed on Earth as a ghost, we would have a little more sightings now would we.

-Jimmy-

Not really, because not all, and I say that is is somewhat rare (considering the amount of it), deaths "generates" ghosts, and not everybody can see 'them', sensitive people, even if there are a lot of these, are not that common, and normal people usually can't perceive entities even if they drop a piano at them :p

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Raziel89]

top topics

join