A Letter From Ron Paul

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
March 29, 2007

Dear friend,

Since I announced my candidacy for the Republican nomination for president two weeks ago, the response and activity have been exciting. Thank you for your enthusiastic support!

After the day's business is complete here in the U.S. House, I will head to Phoenix this evening for two days of campaigning. I'm looking forward to a busy and productive time there, as we had recently in New Hampshire. Some of our activities in Phoenix will be an appearance on the Charles Goyette show on KFNX; a meeting with the editorial board of the Arizona Republic; a luncheon meeting with several Arizona state legislators; an interview with news anchor Jim Sharpe on KFYI; a fundraising reception; and a brunch meeting with nearly 100 Ron Paul 2008 activists. In addition, I will be interviewed on "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO tomorrow night.

On April 11th, our campaign goes to Iowa for two days. More on that trip a little later.

As I mentioned, the response and activity is exciting. Several videos are available on our YouTube channel. Thousands of people are watching those videos every day. Activity on our MySpace grows daily. The number of requests for radio and television interviews increases by the day, as do invitations for speaking engagements. Our web site is updated each day with new items posted on our Daily Update page.

Thank you again for your enthusiastic support. Please encourage family and friends to join our campaign. Ask them to visit www.RonPaul2008.com to be a part of our Hope for America.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've pretty much made up my mind that I am voting for Ron Paul. You have heard about Giuliani and McCain not debating Ron in New Hampshire right? Anyways, I've been promoting Ron Paul as much as I can. Voting on as many of the online polls as possible. Even thought I don't think Ron stands a chance of winning. I'm not voting for the lesser of two evils this year.

If nothing else, he will shake up the debates with his ability to slam every other candidate on pretty much every issue. he is not bought and paid for by lobbyists and was anti Iraq from the get go.

Haha... If he does win... I predict the CIA assassinates him in a week. He is a brave man!

cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
but this guys seems pretty good

original by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ronald Ernest “Ron” Paul (born 20 August 1935) is an American physician, congressman and presidential candidate from the U.S. state of Texas. A Republican, he has represented Texas's 14th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives since 1997, and had previously served as the representative from Texas's 22nd district in 1976 and from 1979 to 1985.

In 1984, Paul ran in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by John Tower, but the nomination went to Phil Gramm. Paul also supported term limits for members of Congress at the time and likened himself to the famous Senator Robert A. Taft. Paul was the Libertarian Party nominee for president in the 1988 election. After his failed presidential bid, Paul returned to Congress in 1997. He was again elected as a Republican, but against the wishes of the party leadership, which had backed Paul's primary opponent. His opponent in the primary was the incumbent representative. On 11 January 2007, Paul announced the formation of an exploratory committee for a 2008 presidential campaign. He formally declared his candidacy 12 March 2007 as a guest on Washington Journal on C-SPAN.[1]

Contents [hide]
1 Early life and education
1.1 Early political career
1.2 Return to Congress
2 Political affiliations and support
4 2008 Presidential Campaign
5 Books by Ron Paul
6 Footnotes
7 References
8 External links

[edit] Early life and education
Paul was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Howard Caspar Paul and his wife Margaret Paul.[1][2] He graduated from Dormont High School in Dormont, Pennsylvania, in 1953. Paul attended Gettysburg College, receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1957, and the Duke University School of Medicine, receiving M.D. in 1961. He did his internship and residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit from 1961 to 1962, and was a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 to 1968. Paul completed obstetrics and gynecology training at the University of Pittsburgh while in the Air Force from 1965–1968, and in 1968 he and his wife Carol moved to Surfside Beach, Texas.

[edit] Early political career
He became a delegate to the Texas state Republican convention in 1974. He was an unsuccessful Republican candidate for election to Congress in 1974 against the incumbent Democrat Robert R. Casey. When President Gerald R. Ford appointed Casey as head of the Federal Maritime Commission, a special election was held in April 1976 to replace him. Paul won that election but lost six months later in the general election to Democrat Robert A. Gammage. He then defeated Gammage in a 1978 rematch. Paul won new terms in 1980 and 1982. He was the first congressman to propose term limit legislation for the House of Representatives. Paul was an unsuccessful candidate for US Senate in the 1984 GOP primary. In 1985, Paul returned to medical practice. He was succeeded by Tom DeLay.

In 1988, Paul won the nomination of the Libertarian Party for the U.S. Presidency. He placed third in the popular vote (with 431,750 votes - 0.47%), behind George H. W. Bush and Michael Dukakis.

[edit] Return to Congress
In 1996, Paul was again elected to the House as a Republican. Mainstream Republican Party figures backed the incumbent, Greg Laughlin, a conservative Democrat representative who had switched parties in the wake of the Republican takeover of Congress. Laughlin attempted to portray Paul's views as extreme and eccentric, but Paul won the primary and went on to win the general election.

Leaders of the Texas Republican Party made similar efforts to defeat him in 1998, but he again won the primary and the election. The Republican congressional leadership then agreed to a compromise: Paul votes with the Republicans on procedural matters and remains nominally Republican in exchange for the committee assignments normally due according to his seniority. This is arguably similar to the deal that Senator Jim Jeffords of Vermont had with the Democratic Party (though Jeffords was elected as a Republican and was officially an independent until his retirement in January 2007). Paul was convincingly re-elected in 2000 and 2002. He was elected unopposed in 2004 to his ninth term in the Congress, and was re-elected again in 2006 by a 20-point margin.[3] He is a member of the Republican Liberty Caucus.

[edit] Political affiliations and support
Ron Paul joined the Libertarian Party in 1987 as a lifetime member, a status which he appears never to have renounced. Though only elected to Congress as a Republican, Paul remains on good terms with the Libertarian Party and has addressed its national convention as recently as 2004.[4]

Libertarian Party spokesman George Getz said that thousands of libertarians across the United States donated money to Ron Paul's campaign funds. Campaign disclosures reveal that 71.4 percent of contributions to Paul's coffers come from outside his home state of Texas. [5] Unlike many political candidates, Paul receives the overwhelming majority of his campaign contributions (92.5% in 2004 and 96.8% in 2006) from individuals. [6][7]

Paul is also a former national chair of the Republican Liberty Caucus, the libertarian wing of the Republican Party.[8]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here is good article on Ron.

Link
Ron Paul is a civil constitutionalist. He supports the same ideals of peaceful, non-intervention in foreign policy and for the same reasons as did our founding fathers. (the substance of which can be reviewed in a previous article here)

But make no mistake, the founding fathers were “armed and dangerous” in response to tyranny….. and so is Ron Paul.

The discourse on interventionism, dealing with threats abroad, versus non-interventionism (dubbed by its enemies as “isolationism”) is as old as our Republic. The more you dig, the more you find. It will never stop. It has been exhaustively argued back and forth for decades.

The article sums up Ron Pauls stance very well. The bottom line being... That if you really want to see a difference in America. He is the candidate you should be supporting. Also, I have a thread going here with more about Ron paul.

cheers

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Here is good article on Ron.

Link
Ron Paul is a civil constitutionalist. He supports the same ideals of peaceful, non-intervention in foreign policy and for the same reasons as did our founding fathers. (the substance of which can be reviewed in a previous article here)

But make no mistake, the founding fathers were “armed and dangerous” in response to tyranny….. and so is Ron Paul.

The discourse on interventionism, dealing with threats abroad, versus non-interventionism (dubbed by its enemies as “isolationism”) is as old as our Republic. The more you dig, the more you find. It will never stop. It has been exhaustively argued back and forth for decades.

The article sums up Ron Pauls stance very well. The bottom line being... That if you really want to see a difference in America. He is the candidate you should be supporting. Also, I have a thread going here with more about Ron paul.

cheers

Ron Paul has my support.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I just received a Ron Paul letter in my mail today. It starts off by saying Dr. Paul is a true right to work champion. It goes on to say Mitt Romney recently came out in opposition to a National Right to Work Law. Bachmann cosponsored and voted for a Big Labor bill to start forcibly unionizing state and local government workers nationwide. Rick Perry signed a bill forcing all police under union boss control as Governor paving the way for all state employees to be under Organized Labor control. That's the basic jest of how the letter starts but not the exact wording. In case anyone doesn't know, a national right to work law would mean that employees would not be forced to join a union I believe if the unions are already there.

Best and only campaign letter I've received so far this year. I'm not sure why I'm on the mailing list. It could be because I voted for a third party candidate during the last election. I doubt they got my name from here. I'm still undecided who I'll vote for in the South Carolina primary. I like to research the facts on where candidates stand on issues. Anyone else received a Ron Paul campaign letter?

I hope no on minds me posting about a recent Ron Paul letter in this existing thread. If so just message me and I might report it elsewhere.
edit on 26/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my leading candidate at the moment. I support the right to work without paying dues to union bosses and so does Ron Paul. We don't need to elect more politicians who are working on getting more unions. The letter I received states that studies show over the last decade, the rate of job growth was more than double in Right to Work states than in forced-dues states.

I believe Ron Paul understands economics very well.

A little extra thought, If it saves money to privatize prisons mainly because pension plans become something like 401k plans, state governments everywhere should consider changing all future contributions for state employees to 401k plans like private industries did years ago.

join