It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Iran have a nuke and use it on the opposing naval ships?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yep, A flurry of missiles from iran into the naval armadda wouldnt be stopped.

Some would be shot down, but a lot would hit, and the fleet would lose alot of ships.

They are sitting ducks in the gulf, i think thats exactly the surprise installed.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yea i heard about the "retirement threats" by the top brass to but i wouldnt take to much stock in it. Even if these few did resign, there are always others waiting in the wing to step up.
Like i said before, the US has been seething and chomping at the bit for another opportunity to bloody Irans nose hehe.. Well that may be an understatement, i dont think we would be satisfied with just a bloody nose, i think its time to decapitate that crazy nation once and for all.
SS N 22 Sunburn Missle

And the sizzler, claims that just one can sink a carrier

Originally posted by gottago

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Hes right, why waste a nuke on a carrier? Iran already has conventional missiles in their arsenal that can sink a carrier, the Sunburn and the Sizzler to name a couple.

Kronos is right, the missiles he mentioned can sink a US carrier with conventional warheads. Putin has been seeding them to Iran and Syria. The Navy has admitted fore several years now that they have no defense against them.

In a real war situation, you'll see massive losses.

That's why there was a report in the Times of London two weeks ago that about a half-dozen top US brass would resign if they got the go order on an attack of Iran. It's just too dangerous. But then both sides are run by madmen.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They would only be able to suitcase a bomb right now. They lack the ability to misslize the nuke.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am hoping this situation ends well but the tension and hate in that area just seems to be getting hotter and hotter. I also think if the USA could invent a nuke 1945 in secrecy then Iran could do the same today and probably easier since its already known science plus I think its a crude way to inflict damage which is what a pshyco like Iran's pres.

Don't get me wrong I dislike Bush and his foreign policy but he never declared to wipe a nation off the map and even though I don't support the Israeli agenda I don't like the idea of threats like that from a president of a nation. Things are getting scarier over there day by day and I hope I wrong in all my assumptions of theories.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Things are getting scarier over there day by day and I hope I wrong in all my assumptions of theories.

Things are defiantly getting crazy over there. I think we are in the calm before the storm right now. I don't see how the problem is going to solve itself. the UK and Iran have both made what seems to be there final offers.

Iran: Wants UK to admit they were in Iranian waters. To solve the situation.

UK: Wants the hostages back yesterday. And will not budge.

There is no way in my opinion to solve this problem with out a confrontation.

I just saw this ATS article too. Look what Iran is now accusing the British of.

Here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yes they seem to be very stubborn and the two of them think they are each right plus they have warships almost in striking distance of each other not to mention how the allies already feel towards Iran.

I hope they bolth sit and bicker for a bit but not engage in fighting and sooner rather then later get those British marines home. I think Iran is making is worse though and I am no expert but those confessions and statements look forced which Briton is not happy about and Briton has said it isn't going to wait very long for their return.

I also would like to see a rescue mission but that would also mean war unless Iran decided to take it dry if a team infiltrated their land and got them back but thats really unlikely because they must be under heavy guard. Iran has backed itself into a corner and I do think the coalition forces would destroy Iran's armed forces in mostly every aspect but I could be wrong? Who knows whats gonna happen but I do not like it at all, same story with more people dieing because we cant get along peacefully.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Iran has backed itself into a corner and I do think the coalition forces would destroy Iran's armed forces in mostly every aspect but I could be wrong? Who knows whats gonna happen but I do not like it at all, same story with more people dieing because we cant get along peacefully.

Iran may of backed its self into a 'metaphorical corner', but geographically, no my friend, Iran is huge.
It's also got a number of mountains!

[edit on 30/3/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know Iran is a big country but I mean they are setting themselves up for a war they most likely will not win. I think this was the worst things that could have happened to make that situation worse besides full out fighting and if the hostages are not returned soon I fear the worst.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the best for them is to return to hostages and make some piece but i doubt it,sadly.
i dont know how big iran is but the united nations are united for a reason

usa is a player and russia and china they are B.I.G.
dont think they can win even if they use nuclear weapon the other countryes are going to attack them in once and smash them.
they need to create some BIg fear and i dont think anyone is gonna buy it and watch them do what they want.this world hase evolved under the wings of the strongest nation fighting for peace and thats the way.
(dont know how peace they maked in iraq but the civilians were happy to see the peace forces right?)
iran better consider some piece offering they cant be that powerfull to fight the whole word

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
the best for them is to return to hostages and make some piece but i doubt it,sadly.
i dont know how big iran is but the united nations are united for a reason

usa is a player and russia and china they are B.I.G.
dont think they can win even if they use nuclear weapon the other countryes are going to attack them in once and smash them.
they need to create some BIg fear and i dont think anyone is gonna buy it and watch them do what they want.this world hase evolved under the wings of the strongest nation fighting for peace and thats the way.
(dont know how peace they maked in iraq but the civilians were happy to see the peace forces right?)
iran better consider some piece offering they cant be that powerfull to fight the whole word

the whole world will fight iran , thats crazy , most nations are against attack on iran and want it to be solved by peaceful means ......

this world hase evolved under the wings of the strongest nation fighting for peace and thats the way

---
correction , the most imperialist nation on this planet .... here's the history of US imperialism:
www.hartford-hwp.com...
----

if imperial usa attacks iran , may god help iran , but as iran has a biological weapons program or has stolen bioweapons from russia, hopefully it has bio weapons stationed in USA , to ensure MAD , by using terrorist methods to use bio weapons to kill
americans in case USA attacks Iran

---
Yes. According to the CIA, Iran possesses chemicals that can induce bleeding, blistering, and choking, as well as the bombs and artillery shells to deliver these agents. Iran also has an active biological weapons program, driven in part by its acquisition of “dual-use” technologies—supplies and machinery that can be put to either harmless or deadly uses
www.cfr.org...
----

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well i dont know much but i meant if iran launches a nuclear war to the world i dont think everybody will just stand and cover in fear

top topics

<< 1   >>

join