It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power struggle inside Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have to say before I begin that all this is just speculation on my part, so don't take it as the real deal or anything.

But is it possible that there's a major power struggle going on in Iran right now, which has been sparked off by the capture of these British sailors and marines?

My reasoning behind this is the comparison between the British and Iranian reaction to the events.

Firstly, Britain. The UK has, so far, presented a pretty unified front and taken logical steps forward on the issue. They've asked nicely, they've shown evidence, and now they've started to be more firm.

Iran, however, seems to be all over the place. There doesn't appear to be a single account of what happened. We have the conflicting GPS coordinates (the first set of coords apparently put the incident in Iranian waters - the Iranians then changed their mind and issued a different set of coordinates putting the incident in Iranian waters after the inconsistency was pointed out to them), the promise of the release of Faye Turney by the Iranian Foreign Minister and then a change of heart over the course of twenty four hours, the refusal to grant any kind of consular access to the captives, then the claim that British consulars will be allowed to see them. Then Iran claimed to have evidence that the sailors and marines were in Iranian waters but have not released it... why not? Surely that's how you get people on your side, by proving what happened one way or another.

The major contradictions in the Iranian approach to this incident seem to be highly contradictory, suggesting that it is not one person or group directing this but a number of people or groups guiding Iranian efforts, in many cases in opposite directions. Either that or the people in charge are being very indecisive. I'm not sure who the groups or individuals are, or why it is happening, but it seems possible.

Again, I repeat that this is pure speculation - just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to be considered.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't know, ste. Could be. My hunch is that they went ahead with the capture but never took the time to think the whole thing through. Now they're struggling to come up with a plan on-the-fly and it doesn't appear to be going all that well.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I know there's been speculation on the news that the capture was decided locally (i.e. by the Revolutionary Guards in the area) and the central government in Tehran has been dragged unwillingly into this. Quite possible, since apparently the Revolutionary Guards are a sort of SS-type organisation - they don't follow the normal chain of command.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Again, more inconsistencies with regards to what the Iranian Ambassador to Russia said to a Moscow TV station - they broadcast that he had mentioned a trail, but the ambassador later said they had mistranslated him. President Ahmadinejad today criticised the UK for not apologising but did not go on to reiterate the Iranian government's previous demand for an apology from Britain.

Why?

I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes in Iran. I think they're very uncomfortable with all the negative publicity this is getting - no one inside Iran seems to know what to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have heard that inside, folks are looking for a way to get rid of the Mullahs, the people are tired of the crap and want to enter the 21st century both economically and spiritually.

I heard this over 2 years ago and what that person told me has basically happened, it will get to a point and Iran will IMPLODE. I said it before and I will say it again.

MBF

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I have heard that inside, folks are looking for a way to get rid of the Mullahs, the people are tired of the crap and want to enter the 21st century both economically and spiritually.

I heard this over 2 years ago and what that person told me has basically happened, it will get to a point and Iran will IMPLODE. I said it before and I will say it again.

I think that it was just before the Iraq attack, Dan Rather was in Iran and an Iranian lady went up to him and begged him to get Bush to attack Iran too and set them free.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
........its going to happen. About time, and I hope no US Soldiers die.
Pray for the troops and buckle up!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hopefully it will be a small skirmish and Iran will implode and take care of itself...

new topics

top topics

join