It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops surround Iranian consulate in Basra?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Baghdad - British troops on Thursday surrounded the Iranian consulate in the southern Iraqi port of Basra, the Arabic television station al-Arabiya reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this could be just BS or.....................

As serious as this could be, I must admit, I like the idea of holding Iranians hostage, blindfold them, make them dig what they are told will be their graves and be shown around on the Teli.

I wonder if they will feel this is so ok to do, once it is done to them.

I suppose this is the UK way of upping the stakes, without directing firing on Iranian military.

LINK

[edit on 3/29/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"London dismisses report of British action in Basra"

London - The British government Thursday dismissed reports from Basra claiming that British troops had surrounded the Iranian consulate in the southern Iraqi port.

HMMMMM, What really IS happening?????? LINK

[edit on 3/29/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"UK soldiers accused of provocation in Iraq"

Iranian consul Mohammed Ridha Nasir Bagban said: "They came at 10am and surrounded the consulate. After 20 minutes they started shooting in different directions. They are trying to irritate us because of the issue of the capture of the British soldiers, but this behaviour will make the issue worse."

It seems to me, UK is better at nonmilitary brinksmanhip than the US.LINK

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'd assume this isn't an military order, just some pissed off soldiers doing the only thing they can to "fight" back. Hopefully the antics wont make the situation even worse. All it takes is one loose cannon to put a bullet in the head of an Iranian official or civilian bystander... then we have problems.

join