It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community Mental Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The other day, I drove past one of my home town's local mentally ill people (for want of a non-derogoratory term). This particular character stands on the street corner with a (badly) hand lettered sign accusing the local police department of police brutality. (a few years back it was the PD from the next town over that was featured).

Anyway, I was wondering, how many of you have comparable persons living in your midst?

Any street corner preachers? women with 100 cats? etc?

I don't know what the rate of delusional illness is to the general population, but if you have a town with 25,000 people, I imagine that you probably have a few locals nut cases.

Now think of how many people there are in the world. How many delusional people do you think are out there?

Now imagine how many of these have access to the internet.

Scary thought aint it?

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by HowardRoark]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well i think where i live there are a few...

My next door neighbour murdered a girl in cold blood..
she was found in the local forest, 10 days later there is a swat team in my hallway ready to arrest him!!
You can imagin my shock...
but there whole family are wierd...as far as we know there interbred!!!

Also we have a guy near are street who really thinks he is a Vamp.....

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We had a lady in the city 40 miles from my home town who won a 1.3 million dollar settlement with RailLink (railroad upkeep company in Montana) over her husbands death. She had a daughter who later ran away from home, and she flipped. She started wandering the streets and for as long as I can remember she just wandered around homeless looking for her daughter. She disappeared a few months before I left town (a couple years ago) and was later found dead. The local news paper did a story on her, because she had no known relatives and her estate, and all of her settlement money had just been left behind so many years ago. Not sure what happened with that, but last I knew they hadnt found any relatives, and the money was still in banks, but her home had been "donated", I would call it confiscated by the city and turned into a halfway house. The money will, I assume, sit in a bank until they find a relative.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Strangely enough, we don't have any nutty people in my area. But it seems everywhere else I go, and every one else I talk to who is from different states has about 10 or more completely screwed up friends. Of course, it's probably because I live in Oldpeopleville Central. This entire Florida area is nothing but a resort home for the elderly

new topics

top topics

join