It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprinted by the FBI?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to volunteer at My kids elementary school. Fun stuff, supervising in the lunchroom, giving help when needed and being a playground moniter. Young kids are the coolest! Anyway, I have to do a few things in order to do so. A physical- got one. TB test- got it. The school also has to do a criminal background check and child abuse background check, which is okay too. What kinda freaked Me out is the fact that I have to be fingerprinted by the FBI. I'm having this double standard thinking going on here. #1-Of course You should fingerprint everyone who will be responsible for the welfare of Our children. You can never be too safe. #2- EEEeeek! They want to fingerprint Me! I'm not comfortable with it at all. I have nothing to hide and have had only minor driving infarctions. If they do a criminal background check on Me why do they need to fingerprint Me? Seems kinda big brotherish to Me. It has Me actually thinking twice about volunteering. Sometimes I think I just may be too paranoid and it's really no big deal. What do You all think?

Peace. K*

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That's always been the biggest problem with security anywhere. Everyone has the "I'm not a threat, why are you bothering me?!" attitude. We saw it a lot in airport security as well. Not saying you're being belligerent about it, and most people AREN'T, but you can kind of see it come through a lot of time. I would rather check everyone, and be certain than not and miss something. I've been through many background checks due to jobs, and they've never been anything major. If you have to get one for a Top Secret clearance, that's when you get nervous.

As for the why, they have to verify you are who you say you are. If you don't have anything in the background then there's nothing to worry about. But you can easily have an ID saying you're someone else, where fingerprints will show that you are who you say you are.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No big deal. I've fingerprinted for my job as well as for volunteering with kids. Fingerprints are the best way to identify people; there may very well be many people with your name out there some may even have criminal backgrounds hence the fingerprints.

new topics

join