It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Opposition for Mexican trucks in U.S. 'Should US Limit Them'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Major Opposition for Mexican trucks in U.S. 'Should US Limit Them'?

www.wnd.com

The Department of Transportation pilot test designed to allow 100 Mexican trucking companies to run their long-haul rigs anywhere in the U.S. has encountered opposition, both in Congress and in Mexico.

Meanwhile, plans to implement the test are progressing at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, as announced by the Department of Transportation in February.

Scott Gerber, spokesman for Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., confirmed to WND the senator's amendment approved by the Senate Appropriations Committee March 22 to block the test remains in the Emergency Spending Bill on the floor of the Senate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/29/2007 by shots]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is no real mention of all the concerns regarding Mexican trucks on the US Highways, but before they can even consider it I think they should have the following in place.

1. Mandatory Drug testing for all drivers just as US Drivers are required.

2. One standard chauffeurs license for all Mexican truckers. (Same as required for US truck drivers)

3. Mandatory safety checks for all trucks (no exceptions) We do not want trucks without breaks on our roads.

4.. Have rates set by a panel so there is no wage cutting that can cost loss of jobs in the US.

'Those are four absolutes but I am sure there probably are more I missed.

www.wnd.com

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
There is no real mention of all the concerns regarding Mexican trucks on the US Highways, but before they can even consider it I think they should have the following in place.

1. Mandatory Drug testing for all drivers just as US Drivers are required.

2. One standard chauffeurs license for all Mexican truckers. (Same as required for US truck drivers)

3. Mandatory safety checks for all trucks (no exceptions) We do not want trucks without breaks on our roads.

4.. Have rates set by a panel so there is no wage cutting that can cost loss of jobs in the US.

'Those are four absolutes but I am sure there probably are more I missed.

www.wnd.com

Well that's just hidden opposition to the cabals plan for the North American Union, the Nasco superhighway, and The Amero (currency) and of course they want to use the trillions they stole from Leo Wanta to build the superstructure highway that will run from Mexico to Canada.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
off our roads.... If we can't go into Mexico, they can't come here...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I had to pick up a load that was brought to our terminal in El Paso, Texas by a Mexican truck. We usually take them to forwarders in Texas, then a truck from Mexico picks it up and takes it the rest of the way. The Mexican trucks are inspected at the border, and this one was a mess. He had four air brakes leaking, all his axle seals were leaking, 2 brake linings were shot, and several other problems that if the DOT inspected a US truck and found would INSTANTLY shut the truck down and fine the company for.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
He had four air brakes leaking, all his axle seals were leaking, 2 brake linings were shot, and several other problems that if the DOT inspected a US truck and found would INSTANTLY shut the truck down and fine the company for.

WOW I had heard they were bad, but I never would have suspected that bad. Now more then ever I am resolved to keep them off our highways, although if they were inspected and the right laws put in place it would not bother me, but the laws have to be uniform and far.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah, needless to say that I was shocked he was even allowed to continue from the border. If that was a US truck it would have to be fixed at the site of the DOT inspection before it was allowed to continue anywhere under its own power. If Mexico wants to send trucks to the US fine. Put them under the DOT. Planes flying into the US have to conform to FAA/NTSB regulations, so why shouldn't trucks. In fact I'd be stricter on trucks since they'll be driving around so many other cars.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thanks ZAP what you have furnished is very interesting. I also have found another article that covers the issue much better then the first.

You can Read it here very interesting reading and serious concerns

BTW I wonder what kind of rules the Canadians use in conjunction with the US? We never seem or at least I have never heard of any serious safety concerns with their trucks.

top topics

join