It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost World (Lake Tele vs. Mt. Roraima)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok, so that last Mokele-mbembe post got me thinking about the last shreads of pure wilderness and what they could be hiding. Apparently nothing...

adventuretravel.suite101.com...

Mokele has always been my favorite cryptid as it seemed easy enough to hide something like that in that kind of wilderness (Congo).

This Lost World stuff is just the kind of place to hide dinos. Deep dark African and South American jungles seem to me to be the same kind of place. I mean jungles packed with poisononous snakes and meat eating predators! Inaccessable tracks of land. I don't know what the differences are between the 2 jungles (Congo vs. Venezuela), but I am hoping that Congo is more inaccessable or what not (just to keep my fleeting hope alive that there could be dinos around).

Anyway back to The Real Lost World show. I checked this out a few months ago and thought it was awesome (even as a debunking event, I am a realist afterall). I didn't really realize there were professional crypto's out there, but there he was Dean Harrison (renowened no less) I'd like to learn more about this guy! So they hike all the way to this remote plateau, untouched wilderness, and snakes everywhere. On the way they (Dean Harrison!) show natives dinosuar toys and the natives confirm seeing pterodactyls. They film everything on the way, and when they get there. The best they found were crickets, which might be a new species...

Seems to me they (THEY mind you) could do the same thing at Lake Tele. Except for the armed guerillas and such, it should be the same kind of thing. Why wouldn't recent expeditions there (2001?) have been filmed!?! They need an IT guy? I'd love to do this sort of thing. I'm good at cutting firewood and fixing PC's... Anyone... I know my way around a machette...

I guess what I am trying to get out of this is a comparison of the 2 types of regions. Thoughts on how and where cryptids hide (I mean cmon Mokele vs. Nessie!?!), or more to the point the lost world types of places left in the world where cryptids might hide. And what about this Dean Harrison guy, talk about a dream jobby?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been thinking that Siberia may hide some interesting cryptids, maybe even up in the Canadian taiga. I don't remember where I read it, but I read something about woolly mammoths surviving on some Siberian island until around 4000 years ago. I hope some species of woolly stegodont lives there still.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply!

Siberia is a great spot! I was reading around here (or somewhere) that some guy was saying there were so many mammoth bones on the Siberian coasts they seemed to make up a few islands ENTIRLY. Seems far fetched but there is probably a kernal of truth there! Wouldn't be awesome if they cloned a few and set them loose up there.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Anyone gotta link to the show?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, cryptids hide, of course. But seriousally, the dinosaur thing? LMAO-no. If you were expected to be responsible for a cryptid, etc., I mean, yeah. If it is based of some show, than what would this thread be for? LOL-no.

IMHO...no more Jurrasic Park for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You would be interested in the Megatransect from Nation Geographic
from Congo to Gabon Petite Loango

Amazing place where hippos and elephants surf and the gorillas hang out on the beach.

In the Congo was discovered a chimp the Bili Chimp that has foot prints bigger then gorillas, is as large as a gorilla, make nest like gorillas, kills lions, do not die from the posion arrows the pygmys use.
Who knows whats out there.

new topics

top topics

join