It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves '08 goal to bring troops home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ConstantlyWondering

I apologized for misunderstanding your post, perhaps that was the problem in the beginning.

I love my country and my people and I only want our troops to come home to their families.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Democrats do not support the mission, and they do not support the troops. Withdrawal means defeat, and the American people do not support defeat in Iraq.

If Democrats are doing the will of the American people, then why did certain Representatives have to be bribed with 21 billion dollars of pork to vote for this bill? Take out the pork and this bill does not pass the House or the Senate.

Members of Congress...just go ahead and take your Easter vacation, and just leave our troops hanging. Let their equiptment rot, let undertrained soldiers go on dangerous missions, let soldiers who are due rotation home stay where they are because we don't have money to train new ones. Enjoy your Easter! You sick farts.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Democrats do not support the mission, and they do not support the troops. Withdrawal means defeat, and the American people do not support defeat in Iraq.

Why does not supporting the war automatically equate to not supporting the troops? Do you actually believe the Dems want to let the their equipment to rot, leave them undertrained and overworked?

Bush himself said, at an earlier address to the nation, that "I've made it clear to the Prime Minister and Iraq's other leaders that America's commitment is not open-ended." If he's willing to make a statment like this, then why is the question of setting a withdrawl such a big deal with him?

If Democrats are doing the will of the American people, then why did certain Representatives have to be bribed with 21 billion dollars of pork to vote for this bill? Take out the pork and this bill does not pass the House or the Senate.

Members of Congress...just go ahead and take your Easter vacation, and just leave our troops hanging. Let their equiptment rot, let undertrained soldiers go on dangerous missions, let soldiers who are due rotation home stay where they are because we don't have money to train new ones. Enjoy your Easter! You sick farts.

How did the whole blunder of the war all of the sudden get dumped on the Dems? Bush started this war; the Dems supported him in that, and now the majority of the house and senate, along with the majority of the population, want a definative date to withdrawl and all you can come up with is that the Dems are responsible for defeat? Get out of here. If Bush managed the war properly, don't you think he would have set a withdrawl date?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The truth is that it was one man the one that put our troops in harm way, and now he wants to keep them stuck in harm way.

Bush started the invasion of Iraq and now he careless what happen to the men and women in the services as long as he keep pushing his agenda.

What the American people is trying to tell the president is that enough is enough and our troops need to comeback home.

Playing the blame game of guiltiness is not going to stop our troops from been targets everyday in a hostile environment created by the incompetence of the commander in chief and his imperialistic goals in the middle east.

I expect congress to do what the American people put them there to do, to stop the war madness of our president and to stop our soldiers from becoming victims of that madness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join