It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genius of Anti-Masons....NOT !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by PrinceHall06
EVIL ??? What has been done thats so evil ?? Other than the Morgan Affair ?? And that wasnt evil, hell he got what was coming to him, shouldnt have taken an oath and then ran his mouth...he was a coward !! Probably a Canadian !!
Yaay for Entertainment Tonight !!!! Just leave us alone and let us begin our quest for global domination via charity and hot dog roasts !!!

Well, as a Canadian, I'm hoping that this is sarcasm.

BTW, if you post with attitude, like you are doing here, expect to get it in return.

The Canadian part was pure humor !!
I dont have a problem with attitude, I love it.............its sheer intentional ignorance and paranoia that irks me

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
First off, I am not a member of the Masons, the Elks, the Eagles or, for that matter, Skull and Bones or any "secret society". Oh, I am a Roman Catholic but I am not a "practicing" member. Regardless, I am of the opinion that all of these groups, these "secret societies" are nothing more than social groups.

I have been to my share of fish fry's, pork roasts and chicken dinners at various halls, lodges and parks that have all been sponsored by one of these "secret groups". Incidentally, aside from having a good meal, I have been able to walk away from these "community" events feeling rather good because I felt that I had contributed to the purchase of a wheel chair for a disabled youngster or I have contributed to the restoration of a library all through the aegis of the Masons or somesuch group.

To look at a Mason or Elk or even a Roman Catholic, I usually see a "regular guy". You know, a guy living in a suburb in a house with a huge mortgage, a couple of cars in the driveway, an immaculate lawn and a backyard with a swing set and an above-ground pool. I look at these "cabalists" and I see average ordinary guys. And do you know what? I believe that most members of these groups are just that -- ordinary average guys.

Now I have come to understand that "secrets" lay hidden behind the average looking exteriors of these ordinary guys. It would seem that these are "big secrets" of an earth-shattering nature but, to be frank, these "guys" don't let on that they know anything more than I do about anything untoward. So these guys must have an inordinate amount of self-restraint unless, perhaps, they really don't know anything earth-shaking.

But I have been told that the members of these groups hide "secrets" that bestow great power to them in the general society yet I am unaware of any great difference between non-members and these "enlightened ones". This leads me to believe that only the "higher-ups" have any secret knowledge at all. To some degree, this understanding is probably correct. Reading about these groups on the internet and in threads such as this, it is clear that members who have reached a certain level of standing within the membership are the one's who are given the "secrets".

But what could these secrets be? What secret could have been passed down over the decades, over the centuries or, perhaps, over millenia that would still be considered a "secret"? I mean, at one time, the ability to make fire might have been a closely kept secret. Or the concepts and principles of using a lever or a pulley might have been a "trade secret". What secret could these groups have protected over the span of history that would still be regarded a secret today?

Whatever secret that these groups might hold would have, over time, probably become eroded and commonly known unless it is a secret of such esoteric quality that it's essence is more philosophical than physically tangible. Unless these folks have the "bones of Christ" or the "Holy Grail", I think that the secret might simply be that there really is NO secret. Nevertheless, these groups might have come into a realization that one can be made to feel "really good" by helping each other, by helping in one's community and in trying to be decent ordinary average guys.

I guess I really won't ever know for certain. I have no real desire to join the Masons or Elks or whatever but to be on the safe side, I'll keep scanning the papers for stories about dead babies, missing children and the disappearances of large stockpiles of lead ingots (presumably to be converted into gold). Oh yeah, I'll also be looking for the announcement of the next pig roast. If anything, the Masons seem to hold the secret for a remarkable BBQ sauce.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
First off, I am not a member of the Masons, the Elks, the Eagles or, for that matter, Skull and Bones or any "secret society". Oh, I am a Roman Catholic but I am not a "practicing" member. Regardless, I am of the opinion that all of these groups, these "secret societies" are nothing more than social groups.

I have been to my share of fish fry's, pork roasts and chicken dinners at various halls, lodges and parks that have all been sponsored by one of these "secret groups". Incidentally, aside from having a good meal, I have been able to walk away from these "community" events feeling rather good because I felt that I had contributed to the purchase of a wheel chair for a disabled youngster or I have contributed to the restoration of a library all through the aegis of the Masons or somesuch group.

To look at a Mason or Elk or even a Roman Catholic, I usually see a "regular guy". You know, a guy living in a suburb in a house with a huge mortgage, a couple of cars in the driveway, an immaculate lawn and a backyard with a swing set and an above-ground pool. I look at these "cabalists" and I see average ordinary guys. And do you know what? I believe that most members of these groups are just that -- ordinary average guys.

Now I have come to understand that "secrets" lay hidden behind the average looking exteriors of these ordinary guys. It would seem that these are "big secrets" of an earth-shattering nature but, to be frank, these "guys" don't let on that they know anything more than I do about anything untoward. So these guys must have an inordinate amount of self-restraint unless, perhaps, they really don't know anything earth-shaking.

But I have been told that the members of these groups hide "secrets" that bestow great power to them in the general society yet I am unaware of any great difference between non-members and these "enlightened ones". This leads me to believe that only the "higher-ups" have any secret knowledge at all. To some degree, this understanding is probably correct. Reading about these groups on the internet and in threads such as this, it is clear that members who have reached a certain level of standing within the membership are the one's who are given the "secrets".

But what could these secrets be? What secret could have been passed down over the decades, over the centuries or, perhaps, over millenia that would still be considered a "secret"? I mean, at one time, the ability to make fire might have been a closely kept secret. Or the concepts and principles of using a lever or a pulley might have been a "trade secret". What secret could these groups have protected over the span of history that would still be regarded a secret today?

Whatever secret that these groups might hold would have, over time, probably become eroded and commonly known unless it is a secret of such esoteric quality that it's essence is more philosophical than physically tangible. Unless these folks have the "bones of Christ" or the "Holy Grail", I think that the secret might simply be that there really is NO secret. Nevertheless, these groups might have come into a realization that one can be made to feel "really good" by helping each other, by helping in one's community and in trying to be decent ordinary average guys.

I guess I really won't ever know for certain. I have no real desire to join the Masons or Elks or whatever but to be on the safe side, I'll keep scanning the papers for stories about dead babies, missing children and the disappearances of large stockpiles of lead ingots (presumably to be converted into gold). Oh yeah, I'll also be looking for the announcement of the next pig roast. If anything, the Masons seem to hold the secret for a remarkable BBQ sauce.

Amen Too bad we cant vote WATS for moderators.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

THANK YOU.........THANK YOU.............THANK YOU

Excellent Post....You stated everything that needed to be said.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well Anti Guys..............whats it gonna be now !!???!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
And, furthermore, I've heard that it doesn't really stop at 33 and that there are really 360 degrees.

Oh, bull#.
People construct things to fit their little pet theories. Anti-Masons, at least the vast majority of their arguments, are beyond ridiculous. Every organization and religion is out to rule the world if what they claim about the Masons is true.
Because all of the claims, and that is all they are CLAIMS, can be applied to any group or organization in the world.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
well if the masons or what not are in for global domination through fish frys and pig roasts then the boy scouts are in for the same with bag packing and helping old ladies across the road

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Well even if there secrets we're released to us to gawk at, it means nothing. We don't give a damn that they are evil because, obviously no one is doing a fricken thing about it. I've been trying to start rallys but been shut off and been trying to put some sense into people but they just want to talk and do not put any action into it. So hurray for them, they are getting away with it because WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT OF ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT LAZY NARROWMINDED SELF CENTERED IDIOTS OF AMERICA.

...........you wanted to start rallies against Masonry? LOL!

Gee.. I cannot see why no one gave you a marching permit.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
...........you wanted to start rallies against Masonry? LOL!

Gee.. I cannot see why no one gave you a marching permit.

No... No where did I say I wanted to rally against masonry. You dont even know what rallys I wanted to start.

/7A

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No... No where did I say I wanted to rally against masonry. You dont even know what rallys I wanted to start.

/7A

Ayeron, I think people are severely misunderstanding what you are talking about. I don't even think you mean the same thing as the rest of us when you say Mason.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I heard that Cartman (from South Park) was a Mason, that would explain his anti-semetic, anti-canadian, world domination leanings !! Suddenly it all makes sense .......he's probably like a 50th degree ancient Baphomet Templar Grand Master...............OH MY GOD !!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Dude, if you are not 33rd degree, what right have you to claim that what you are saying is true? And, furthermore, I've heard that it doesn't really stop at 33 and that there are really 360 degrees.

Dude, (Dude?)

I AM a 33rd. However, most people (yourself included) do not fully understand how the Masonic "degree" systemS work. (Note "systemS" not "system") The Scottish Rite of Freemasonry is the ONLY branch that "numbers" it's degrees (outside the Symbolic Lodge - 1st through 3rd Degree) That being said, you'll likely NEVER hear anyone say "I'm a first degree Mason" or "a Third Degree" etc. In fact, one of the previous posters here said "I'm a Fellowcraft" (that's the 2nd degree, but it's not how he described himself.) The Scottish Rite, as I said, utilizes numbers (even though the degrees all have names...some quite flowery...Knight of the East and West, Master of the Royal Secret, etc...) The title of the 33rd Degree is "Sovereign Grand Inspector General"

Note the word "Sovereign" there's really no authority above "Sovereign" right?

In fact the Scottish Rite refers to this degree specifically as "The Thirty-Third and LAST Degree of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" (emphasis mine)

All that being said, a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason (there is NO other kind) has absolutely NO authority over a 3rd Degree (Master Mason) To sum up my rambling here, two years ago the Grand Master (Presiding Officer) of my home state had never gone beyond the Third (Master Mason Degree) I'm a 33rd Degree Mason and he's a 3rd Degree Mason...and as Grand Master, he has TONS of authority. Me, a 33rd, well...a lot of times they let me make the coffee at the Scottish Rite meetings because I bitch about it being too weak. That's about all the authority I have...and most other 33rds are in the same boat.

Numbers really mean nothing in Masonry. There may be groups that "claim" lots of high-numbered "degrees" but they're not officially recognized by legitimate Masonic Grand Lodges. And Masonic Grand Lodges are THE foundation and THE ediface of Freemasonry. Everything else is window-dressing.

We're simply a fraternity. Nothing more. Granted we're a BIG fraternity and a really, really OLD fraternity....but in the end...that's all we are about. "Friendship, Morality & Brotherly Love"

Regards,

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Appak]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Dude, if you are not 33rd degree, what right have you to claim that what you are saying is true? And, furthermore, I've heard that it doesn't really stop at 33 and that there are really 360 degrees.

Dude, (Dude?)

I AM a 33rd. However, most people (yourself included) do not fully understand how the Masonic "degree" systemS work. (Note "systemS" not "system") The Scottish Rite of Freemasonry is the ONLY branch that "numbers" it's degrees (outside the Symbolic Lodge - 1st through 3rd Degree) That being said, you'll likely NEVER hear anyone say "I'm a first degree Mason" or "a Third Degree" etc. In fact, one of the previous posters here said "I'm a Fellowcraft" (that's the 2nd degree, but it's not how he described himself.) The Scottish Rite, as I said, utilizes numbers (even though the degrees all have names...some quite flowery...Knight of the East and West, Master of the Royal Secret, etc...) The title of the 33rd Degree is "Sovereign Grand Inspector General"

Note the word "Sovereign" there's really no authority above "Sovereign" right?

In fact the Scottish Rite refers to this degree specifically as "The Thirty-Third and LAST Degree of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" (emphasis mine)

All that being said, a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason (there is NO other kind) has absolutely NO authority over a 3rd Degree (Master Mason) To sum up my rambling here, two years ago the Grand Master (Presiding Officer) of my home state had never gone beyond the Third (Master Mason Degree) I'm a 33rd Degree Mason and he's a 3rd Degree Mason...and as Grand Master, he has TONS of authority. Me, a 33rd, well...a lot of times they let me make the coffee at the Scottish Rite meetings because I bitch about it being too weak. That's about all the authority I have...and most other 33rds are in the same boat.

Numbers really mean nothing in Masonry. There may be groups that "claim" lots of high-numbered "degrees" but they're not officially recognized by legitimate Masonic Grand Lodges. And Masonic Grand Lodges are THE foundation and THE ediface of Freemasonry. Everything else is window-dressing.

We're simply a fraternity. Nothing more. Granted we're a BIG fraternity and a really, really OLD fraternity....but in the end...that's all we are about. "Friendship, Morality & Brotherly Love"

Regards,

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Appak]

Appak- You don't know anything cause you're not a 34° Mason yet

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
well if the masons or what not are in for global domination through fish frys and pig roasts then the boy scouts are in for the same with bag packing and helping old ladies across the road

I always suspected them of this but could never prove anything....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sure I do. Hell, I might even want to join in!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Dude, if you are not 33rd degree, what right have you to claim that what you are saying is true?

What does the 33rd degree have to do with "claiming what is true"? Masonry has been around for over 7 centuries. But the 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite was not instituted until 1801.

And, furthermore, I've heard that it doesn't really stop at 33 and that there are really 360 degrees.

There are actually thousands of degrees throughout the hundreds of Masonic Rites. The Scottish Rite, which is what you're talking about, only has 33. But other Rites have different numbers.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceHall06
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH BAKE SALES AND RAFFLE TICKETS

I'll take eight!

Oh, and I got my spaceship keys right after I did my 3rd degree. Kind of like getting the car keys from your parents just after high-school graduation.

Oh yeah, did I mention, that my lodge is having Bigfoot, Lucifer and Tony Randall over for the next dinner?
You're all invited....mwah hahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Dude, if you are not 33rd degree, what right have you to claim that what you are saying is true?

What does the 33rd degree have to do with "claiming what is true"? Masonry has been around for over 7 centuries. But the 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite was not instituted until 1801.

ML,

Excellent point. And I'll go further than that. The 33rd was not only "instituted" in 1801....it was "INVENTED" in 1801 ! Yes, folks, as impressive as rarely given degrees may be to some...the 33rd Degree was concocted by those who...well..."concocted" the Scottish Rite.

"Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Move along...."

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Appak- You don't know anything cause you're not a 34° Mason yet

Ah, ye who knows too little! Actually there was a proposed "degree" (for lack of better word" called "The Fiery Heart" It was supposed to be an honorary degree for 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Masons in the Southern Jurisdiction (USA) Pike, VERY facetiously, referred to it as "The 34th Degree"

Although I haven't actually "received" it...I DO have a copy of the ritual that was given to me by a friend at the Supreme Council...so I KNOW what the 34th Degree teaches...so I guess I DO, indeed know something, huh?

(Couldn't resist, of course...as I've said earlier in this thread and others...the 33rd Degree is quite an honor...but it does NOT, despite what some may say, set one above his Brother Master Masons) In fact, that's the very core of the teaching of the 33rd Degree!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikedw
Excellent post. I'm only a Fellow Craft, haven't got my keys to the space ship yet.

You guys get a spaceship too?????????????????????????

So, not only to masons get money, power, hot chicks, free beer, secret handshakes, decoder rings, and mind control ray machines, you get spaceships too??????????????????????????

I WANNA JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 31-3-2007 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join