It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lasting Effects of Slavery

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CSIfanWe have politicians, teachers, athletes, actors, everything...all that struggle, but strangely enough, we are still the most despised group on Earth. Massa brutalized us, AND ruined our reputations worldwide...remember those horrible Hollywood Productions? The ones where, even if college educated, you had to shuffle and act like some kind of old minstrel, or you wouldn't get the job! Public relations? No, we didn't dominate the PR business or we would have fixed that...

I gotta give you a WATS for this one.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Isn't it funny how the people who created one of the oldest civilizations on the planet are still nothing more than barely-evolved apes?
You'll find the oldest artwork found to date in Africa, along with the oldest mathematical object found to date. You'll also find the 3rd oldest canoe on Earth to date here; this canoe seems to show more skill in building than the 2 older ones found in Europe.

You'll find the ancient kingdoms of Nubia and Kemet there. It is now argued that Nubia actually influenced Kemet (land of the pharoahs) moreso than the other way around. But we'll never know the true extent of the influence; the Arabs from Egypt put much of the clues to this relationship under Lake Nasser.:shk:

You'll also find kingdoms such as ancient Ghana and Mali, down (literally) to Great Zimbabwe. Though it is obvious that ALL races of humanity have achieved great accomplishments, we are the ones who have had our achievements denied, ignored, or even stolen.:shk:

...BH, you need to let it GO. You've already made it seem like most of black America is more mad about slavery than most of slave black America.:shk: You used the words of some slaves to back up this claim. Then, you get mad when I say *snip*!

Well, TOO BAD, because that's what it is. You used the words of some house *snip* to speak for the slaves who were raped, tortured, beaten, branded, killed, slaved, and dismissed from humanity on all fronts. You made a BOGUS generalization, and consequently were called out on it.

I'd REALLY like to insult you now (I feel a string of curse words mixed with good old put downs is necessary right now
), but I'm gonna keep it within the T&C.

Ah, if only I could use telepathy...

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You have voted CSIfan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Johnmike, you DO know that people BESIDES white ones pay taxes, don't you?

But, I guess as Trent Lott would say, better to spend taxpayer money to kill "sand 'n-word'" in Iraq than to pay "'n-word' 'n-word' s" reparations.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

Tea

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I SMELL IT! Do you smell it?!

Yes, YES, it's the stench . . . of . . . S E L F - P I T Y.

And, man, it S T I N K S.

The BooHoo Brigade is at full force again today:
    "Feel bad for me. My ancestors had a tough life.";
    "I can't get ahead on my own. There aren't enough opportunities.";
    "I want money and a place to live, but I don't want to work for it.";
    "Feel bad for me. It makes me feel better about myself."
This way >>> to the vomitorium* >>>

* My apologies to the Romans. I beg their indulgence on this occasion.

The Chinese pretty much ended up as slave labor over here, dying in droves to build railroads, prostituting themselves to get ahead. You don't hear them whining about reparations. They got off their buttocks, learned the language, and then beat us at our own game.

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. If you want to continually relive history, take a look at everyone around you who pulled themselves up out of the mud. They took responsibility for their futures instead of relying on everyone else to shape it for them.

I'm fresh out of pity and I don't espy the supply wagon comin' for a looong time.

Tea

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the slaves who were raped, tortured, beaten, branded, killed, slaved, and dismissed from humanity on all fronts

Shall we talk about the Jews of WWII? OH, that's right, they're white. They don't count.

I'd REALLY like to insult you now (I feel a string of curse words mixed with good old put downs is necessary right now ), but I'm gonna keep it within the T&C.

Well, ain't that BIG of you, keepin' it civil and all.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm gonna suggest members read the following topics before posting further:
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory \
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

I suggest you do and that you follow them. Then, you will have a long and happy posting history here

Please keep this thread civil and on topic.
I would hate to see this thread closed because members refuse to post respectfully.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
You've already made it seem like most of black America is more mad about slavery than most of slave black America.

I haven't "made it seem like" anything. I have said what I meant. If you misinterpret and twist my words, that's your choice and obviously the one you've made. I honestly don't care. This board knows me. And they can read.

I'd REALLY like to insult you now (I feel a string of curse words mixed with good old put downs is necessary right now ...)

Telepathy or not, curse words or not, you don't have the power to insult me. Sorry.

How about addressing what I said instead of trying so hard to "insult me"?

[edit on 1-4-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea
Shall we talk about the Jews of WWII? OH, that's right, they're white. They don't count.

Ja ja ja.

After being victims of an extermination campaign and barbaric scientific experiments, after being spitted on even by their so-called "rescuers," (the Zionists), the Jews were PAID reparations. Nice deflection, though.

Well, ain't that BIG of you, keepin' it civil and all.

Hey, I'm glad you noticed.

Tea

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

After being victims of an extermination campaign and barbaric scientific experiments, after being spitted on even by their so-called "rescuers," (the Zionists), the Jews were PAID reparations.

They were repaid for a fraction of the property that was taken from them. What they received in the end was nowhere near what they lost. Before Hitler rose to power they busted their humps for what he took from them.

They didn't ask for what they didn't have coming. There's a difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
the Jews were PAID reparations.

The Jewish victims of concentration camps were. But their descendants weren't.

"After World War II, Jewish Americans [were] paid reparations because of the Nazi atrocities, and rightfully so. After WWII, Japanese-Americans [were] paid reparations because of the internment," he said. "One last example is the recent 9/11. Those Americans are being paid reparations."
"Survivors get reparations. There are no survivors who are living from the days of slavery," he said. "Descendants of survivors of the Holocaust against Jews don't get reparations...it's the survivors themselves."
"My ancestors come from Eastern Europe and feudalism and all that was just prevalent there, so I'm sure I've got lots of slaves in my blood line. It just so happens they're hundreds of years before his," he said.

Source

[edit on 1-4-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ceci,

Sorry for the late reply, but I accept your apology...really not needed. You needed to express that...

About the ridicule, those who ridicule would be stringing the noose, and those who keep saying they don't understand, when you tell them over and over, would be the spectators...

The nature of that beast has not changed.

Ahh, but there are those who say they can feel what I am saying.

There is the humanity I seek! There are the people who have been touched by this thing they call diversity. Diversity works, but not on everyone; some really like feeling superior, it's only in their head, but, it's all they have left.

They will never change, and they will breed others like them, The Master's Children...and the World will be forced to remain vigilant, because the Master's Children are dangerous, they wreak havoc and are a blight on the face of this Earth!

And, could somebody go down to the DIAMOND DISTRICT and demand that THEY "FEED THE CHILDREN"?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join