It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war that never ends...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Could this Iraq war be the never ending war? It sure looks like Bush AND Cheney will do everything in their power to make it that way...
what do you think?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Bush's agenda is to waste as much time as he can and dump the Iraq mess on his predecessor, so he can skirt responsibility..thats the only reason he refuses to agree to a 2008 end to occupation. The Congress must insist on a 2008 binding date because it is clearly in the best interest of the US and because they have a strong public mandate to do so.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The regional plans for the middle east are not at his completion yet, like Cheney want it, the government in Iraq is weak and have no control over the different factions that now takes over their own police and military and the only reason they are still in power is because US is keeping them safe with the present of US troops.

The war and occupation will go on as long as the final result is achieved and that is the control of the oil.

Bush time is running short, unless he is sure that the next president will take over.

That will mean that elections for the 2008 will be pretty much secured.

Is a lot of corruption going on in our nation and the never ending war will keep on going until the profiteers of this war get what they want.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
all good opinions. they way i see it, nobody is leaving iraq untill bush steps down. then we can think about coming home.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What is your definition of winning and losing a war? Is it fighting until the enemy has lost their will to fight? If that is the case- then we lost the war becasue most Americans want an end to the occupation and because they(Iraqi tribes) will never stop fighting each other. Like I said when the war began, the 3 tribes want control of the oil profits, and they needed a ruthless dictator to keep them in line. Without a ruthless - president- they will continue- with or without US troups there. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Syria all have their favorite team- so who will win the 'Risk' Game is anyone's guess or 'roll of the die' If you've ever played the game, the surrounding countries can contribute troups to the country they want to. Massive unemployment in those countries can supply all the boots on the ground they need. We are contributing, because we have several new permanent bases there. So even if we 'pull out' our bases will still have boots on the ground, until we get kicked out like we did in saudi arabia.

As for the war on 'terror' That was just a cool propaganda term to get congress to fund the war and profiteers. And continues to be coined as the popular term for the war in Iraq. Many Americans don't like to be on the losing end of a war, (Republican white male voters, ex-military, etc.) so many mainstream news call the end of the war - pulling out- so they can incite these guys to keep the middle class funding the war- anyhow, If you pay attention to these popular terms, and their countless repititions you may understand the propaganda machine better. Question everything.

Since our economy is based on building weapons and other mass destruction military items- we cannot stop building killing tools because we cannot build anything else on the world market competitively.

good night and good luck

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
fortunately the bush administration and the neo-con's (ultra right wing conservatives, funnymentalists etc) that support it have shot their proverbial load. They are a dead end politically, intellectually and socially and it is just a matter of time before their whole house of cards comes tumbling down. In case any one hasn't noticed the combination of massive tax cuts and massive deficits (taken with the pending retirement of the baby boomer's) and more importantly the refusal to significently address social security (bushes plan doesn't count its nothing more than another giveaway to wall street) all but assures the bankruptcy of the American government and a massive depression over the next twenty years. We have reached our apex and our children's future has been pawned so that a handful of the truly greedy could become even more wealthy. We will see a roll back of the military over the next few years and I fully believe that by 2020 the only military bases we will have are stateside which is how it should be. If the projections of the impact of continued global warming are to be believed, the next century will mark the equlivent of the early 400's of Rome, and we will fall harder too.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As long as there is perpetual war, there will be perpetual profit. Most multinational companies based here will still continue to manufacture weapons and ancillary military items as long as there is war and taxpayers to pay for it. I hope it is about this particular party, but I doubt the other side can give in to the economics. Already, Arizona is getting thousands of orders for weapons, and the economics of it is that they don't want to turn down anything that makes a profit- So I don't believe that party politics is really the driving factor, its just plain old capitalism without restraint. Which is what Congress is trying to do now, restrain the spending. America has been sold out to multinationals, and with corporations given individual rights with little accountability coupled with no reason to be responsible as long as the penalty is just the cost of doing business- i don't see any change forthcoming.
so whether is it is the iraq or some other police action, occupation, etc. i don't see an end to troups sent elsewhere- i.e. roman empire

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the simple reality is that we cannot maintain war unlimited indefinitely. The economy, the environment and the society simply cannot sustain it. It did not work for societies such as the Maya or the Aztec, the Assyrians or the Spartans, and their economic and environmental footprints were far smaller than ours. The cracks in the facade are already showing. If anything the balance of the 2000's will be the century of the Chinese and in the centuries after that, our children's, children's, children's, children will truly be living in the fading shadow of the post modern world.

new topics

top topics

join