It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the heroes and zeros of Ufology?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Why would you come into someone's house and micturate all over the carpet that ties the room together? Especially when you have absolutely nothing to back it up?

That's a rhetorical question. We already know why.

Stop the micturation!

Absolutely NO micturation is allowed!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Dan Akroyd

His name is actually Dan Aykroyd (Daniel Edward Aykroyd)

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Havent seen any one post this one for a zero yet,

How about the people behind the serpo story? yes no

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
MEMO,

All micturating is to be done in approved receptacles only *bts*. Random micturating is not permitted *please aim*. The "Micturating Dance" is amusing, and extra points will be awarded for originality *never*.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hi,1st post here,hope your all well etc....
i just wanted to say,why does no one ever mention Bill Cooper,hes one of the godfathers of the ufo subject for me,and i never hear anyone else mention him.his book 'BEHOLD A PALE HORSE' is a must read!!...so obviously i put him in the heros catagory.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Zero: The Burisch camp + VM, BR & RD, all UFO related cults, 60% of the contributors on the VM email list and Greer.

Heroes have already been mentioned by many people and I agree with most of the sane offerings + Simon, Skeptic, Overlord and the mods here. Stand up people with good heads on their shoulders.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by timb3r]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikmono
hi,1st post here,hope your all well etc....
i just wanted to say,why does no one ever mention Bill Cooper,hes one of the godfathers of the ufo subject for me,and i never hear anyone else mention him.his book 'BEHOLD A PALE HORSE' is a must read!!...so obviously i put him in the heros catagory.

I haven't read the book but I watched his conference video.... and yeah that took some serious gnads

HERO

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Heroes

The Ancients (our ancestors) and their texts, more first hand eye witness accounts than you can shake a stick at

Coast to Coast

ATS

John Lear

Martyn Stubbs (the guy who compiled the "Secret NASA Transmissions" film, probably the most convincing piece of film I've ever seen)

Zecharia Sitchin (not always, but yeah, he's got some good material)

Erich Von Daniken (not always, but yeah, he's got some good material)

Patrick Heron (cool theories)

Our very own Zorgon (the man just doesnt run out of energy!)

Linda Moulton Howe (what keeps this person motivated?)

David Sereda (for introducing me, with a smile and a kind voice, to the STS film footage of Martyn Stubbs that's so mind bogglingly full of UFOs that it's nearly beyond comprehension)

Richard Hoagland (for having the guts to say it, even if he doesn't know if its true or not!)

--------

Zeroes

Err, nobody's a zero.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good -

Stan Friedman
Richard Dolan
Nick Pope
...many others

I don't pay attention to bad Ufologists. The ones who make all kinds of wild claims.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MFtoombs
**let me guess.......I am a disinfo agent (rolls eyes)**

No, disinfo agents are insidious. If you were a disinfo agent, you'd take the time to hang around for awhile, ingratiate yourself with the membership, then subtly work your wiles. You're more like the boor that invites himself to a party then insults the host.

But, nice try at being all world weary and wise.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My hero is that mysterious BRANTON guy. He's taking all the ufo mythology
& proceeded to write a story with it. For me, it worked. I helps your head get
into a different place & ponder all this stuff. He makes his comments throughout
the book. But never states "I have the answer". He sure did a lot of fact checking
in his Bible though.......
Just saying "THE DULCE BOOK" was the first thing I've read
on Ufo's & I still haven't read anything better. And those writings were never even
officially published.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by logramuda

My hero is that mysterious BRANTON guy.

Branton isn't really mysterious. His name is Bruce Alan Walton and he shortened his name to do exactly what he's done with you - create mystery!

It's also implied that he needs to remain anonymous because, should his true identity be revealed, his life would be in danger because of the 'facts' he reveals! He's like a small scale David Icke!

Because of this, in my book he's a zero... sorry!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

Who is Nick Cook? Do you mean Nick Pope? or maybe Nick Redfern? While I don't think Pope's books are terribly enlightening, I don't have any evidence he's a disinformer. Do you?

Yep apols, i meant Nick Pope. Ive seen so many documentries, and heard him many times as a guest on James Whale. There is just something about him i cannot put my finger on. He has no credible evidence, and when asked by James Whale to comment on certain sightings, he always pulls the No Comment, MOD speach. The next time hes on the show ill record it and post the mp3 on ATS for you guys. Hes a frequent guest.

I also forgot to add David Icke to my Zeroes list.. Now that guys is a loony tunes!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hero: Jacques Vallee, Steven Greer, John Keel, Stanton Friedman, Richard Dolan, John Mack, David Jacobs, David Sereda, Joe Firmage, Dan Aykroyd and the ATS 3 Amigo's.

Zero: David Icke -- his material is so strange, even if there was one grain of truth in anything that he says, I would choose not to believe it because it's too horrifying to even contemplate it.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
James Oberg. But think about it - he almost always turns out to be right. The man gets his facts together, and so he has helped to save us many times from disappearing down yet another rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Whoops! I forgot to add Buddy Hopkins. He was the first person to seriously engage in scientific research on the alien abductee phenomenon. It was because of his work that John Mack from Harvard and David Jacobs from Temple too began their own scientific research in this field. Contactees and abductee's all over the world are deeply indebted to these three very intelligent and courageous individuals.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

Who is Nick Cook? Do you mean Nick Pope? or maybe Nick Redfern? While I don't think Pope's books are terribly enlightening, I don't have any evidence he's a disinformer. Do you?

Nick Cook is the British defence journalist who was featured in the documentary "Billion Dollar Secret" which investigated ties between the US Black Budget and alleged ET technology.

You can watch his follow up documentary on Google Video here:

UFO's: The Secret Evidence

Even though he is not strictly a ufologist and usually leans towards a top secret terrestial explanation for UFO cases than extra-terrestial, I think he has done some good work in bringing credibility to the UFO issue in general and for that reason I would rate him above Nick Pope whom the poster confused him with. I also share some of his misgivings of Pope - however I tend to think he's probably not a disinformation agent but rather that he was only shown what those in the know wanted him to see, and then encouraged to spread that message.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Heroes: Stanton Friedman/Paul Bennewitz/Travis Walton/Dan Aykroyd/Linda M. Howe/John Lear

Zeros: Richard Doty/Bill Moore/SETI/NASA

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Heroes: Stanton Friedman/Paul Bennewitz/Travis Walton/Dan Aykroyd/Linda M. Howe/John Lear

Zeros: Richard Doty/Bill Moore/SETI/NASA

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Heroes

Art Bell - Has done more than anyone to popularise Ufology.
Stanton F - Still the Proffesor
Carl Sagan - Needs no qualification.

Zeroes

Steven Greer - After making a mockery of Ufology
Eric Von Daniken - After being caught faking evidence
David Icke - After discovering the Lizard Men

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join