It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That mountain dew thing has got to be BS.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Its the yellow #5 in the mountain dew. They dont ahve to put warnings on the can... cuz its not the Mt. Dew that causes it. Its the yellow #5. Its just an ingridient.

uhhhh....not necessarily. let's say i added cyanide in my "special" cake and i don't include a warning label cuz it's an ingredient that gives it a special color. well that doesn't really make sense now does it?

o and what about some those potato chips? they cause anal leakage.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Read all about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't even like Mountain Dew. I've hardly drunk much of it so I wouldn't know for sure. Either way since I don't like MD it doesn't hurt to play it safe.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
its a dangeris world for a mans junk

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
lol i have heard the one about lowering the sperm count, wich may be true, but i have never heard the one about shrinking your penis, and i really dont think that is true lol

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My husband chugs MD and I don't think it does anything of the sort.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, between the Snopes dubunking (found here, if you missed it when it was first posted: www.snopes.com... ), and the fact that I have drank between 2 and 3 20oz. bottles of Mountain Dew a day since I was 18 (I'm 29 now, pushing 30 - so better than 11 years) with no notice of shrinkage of my penis or testicles, I'll have to call bull# on this urban legend.

Oh, and in response to the tangent regarding average sizes of male genitalia, I've actually researched this one (in an attempt to make men on yahoo chat look even more moronic than they already appear). According to the various reports I've found, the worldwide average sizes for men ranges between 5 and 6 inches. The measurement is taken, in all studies, on the top of the penis, from where it meets the groinal area (no pushing the ruler into your flesh to gain extra "length") to the tip. Also, these studies have shown no noticible differences, on average, for various ethnicities, such as African or Asian. Several of these studies also go on to note that the worldwide average of vaginal canal depth is only 5.5 inches. This said, any man over 7" in length risks hitting the cervix, and causing pain to an average woman (roughly 1 to 1.5 inches of the penis is never inserted during intercourse, due to the shape of the human body).

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
well Obsidian, I feel a little better now...I've been doing the same with mountain dew, drinking about a can a day for years and even though I haven't noticed any problems yet, I was a little worried about how my balls would fare in the future lol.

About the world average, where did you find that information? I've also heard, like Insight mentioned, that it was around 6" but with the inclusion of Asia it dropped down to something like 5-5.5" for an average worldwide. I had no idea that the average vaginal cavity is only 5.5" deep though. Takes a little pressure of us guys right?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can I ask a (late) silly question?

Some of the replies indicate at least a marginal "Yeah, I believe it" response....to which I can only inquire, "What. Are. You. Thinking?"

Have folk given up on the idea of "checking facts", or something?

Or are we so anti-government, anti-establishment, that we're prepared to believe just about any and every rumour that starts?

(Fwiw, you'll find literally dozens of common food items (if you ingest enough of it) can lower sperm counts and/or affect blood flow to your Happy Fella. Sure, you'd have to eat (for example) perhaps 20 lbs of broccoli a day for 3 years, but it can happen. O'course, if you're eating that much broccoli for that length of time, you've got bigger problems than your little soldiers not being up to par....)

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
Well, between the Snopes dubunking (found here, if you missed it when it was first posted: www.snopes.com... ), and the fact that I have drank between 2 and 3 20oz. bottles of Mountain Dew a day since I was 18 (I'm 29 now, pushing 30 - so better than 11 years) with no notice of shrinkage of my penis or testicles, I'll have to call bull# on this urban legend.

Oh, and in response to the tangent regarding average sizes of male genitalia, I've actually researched this one (in an attempt to make men on yahoo chat look even more moronic than they already appear). According to the various reports I've found, the worldwide average sizes for men ranges between 5 and 6 inches. The measurement is taken, in all studies, on the top of the penis, from where it meets the groinal area (no pushing the ruler into your flesh to gain extra "length") to the tip. Also, these studies have shown no noticible differences, on average, for various ethnicities, such as African or Asian. Several of these studies also go on to note that the worldwide average of vaginal canal depth is only 5.5 inches. This said, any man over 7" in length risks hitting the cervix, and causing pain to an average woman (roughly 1 to 1.5 inches of the penis is never inserted during intercourse, due to the shape of the human body).

Most women will tell ya, it's not length it's girth that counts.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
2 Liter a day for well, like 2-3 years now, and no problems. If it lowered my sperm count, wouldn't I not be horny all the time?

Also, there are male birth control pills! Just they don't try to stop it, they help it!

Actually, there are real ones, you can get them if a place has them, but they rare cause they still considered experimental.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i'd never heard of this before, if true what about yellow m&m's, cake frosting, chicken boullion cubes, i guess the list is endless.

Killer lemon peel? hahaha

i dont think that the average person could consume enough of this substance to do any harm unless they have a needle and spoon.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To be honest, I used to drink a lot of Mountain Dew, and I had no problem. It can't be true about caffeine being the cause, cus I drink any between one and three litres of Coca Cola a day and as far as I know, I've had no problems.

I feel sooo sorry for those two and three inchers....

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexias
I feel sooo sorry for those two and three inchers....

That cant be possible,Like honestly think about how big that is.
Thats from here:
|---------------------------------------------------------| Thats 3 Inches

|-------------------------------------| Thats 2 Inches

I think if people could actually have this, they wouldn't be able to reproduce normally ( My screen size is 1280 x 1024) Although I do know for a fact that the ratio between the human and their penis is much smaller than many other animals. I don't drink Mt. Dew so its all good

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
That cant be possible,Like honestly think about how big that is.
Thats from here:
|---------------------------------------------------------| Thats 3 Inches

|-------------------------------------| Thats 2 Inches

I think if people could actually have this, they wouldn't be able to reproduce normally ( My screen size is 1280 x 1024) Although I do know for a fact that the ratio between the human and their penis is much smaller than many other animals. I don't drink Mt. Dew so its all good

There's a very real condition called micropenis (I'm not sure of the actual scientific name), where afflicted men have an erection length of only 1-2 inches or less, and flaccid, it almost literally looks like a zit. This condition typically does not mean that a man cannot reproduce normally. Often, men with this condition can still have stimulating intercourse and can reproduce. The biggest problems associated with this condition are those of teasing and feelings of inadequacy. The sperm are typically no less potent than a normal male's. It should also be noted that this condition is often attributed to a hormonal problem during gestation, and has no influence from Yellow #5 or Mountain Dew.

More on the micropenis condition

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I clicked on your link and I guess there are a lot more things that can happen to your penis.
Some include:
Webbed Penis
A Concealed Penis
Trapped Penis
Absent Penis

Penis Size

So I guess wth all those out there, Any effect that Mt. Dew could produce is ok, as long as you can see yours.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know for a fact that's not true. My husband drinks Mountain Dew like an alcoholic drinks beer. :w:

So let's put it this way--I know first-hand that it's not true....

Oh, I don't mind if mods delete this post...I forgot I already posted here....

[edit on 9/9/2005 by Amethyst]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm with Amethyst's husband. I drink the stuff like water, have a kid and no complaints from my wife. lol. :w: I go through a 12 pack in about three days or so.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Okay lets settle this. Everybody put your penis against the monitor and find out the size. If its true MD drinkers will be smaller
*gets tape measure*
---------|----------1---------|----------2---------|----------3---------|----------4---------|----------5---------|----------6---------|----------7

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This said, any man over 7" in length risks hitting the cervix, and causing pain to an average woman (roughly 1 to 1.5 inches of the penis is never inserted during intercourse, due to the shape of the human body).

Unfortunately, the above is right. For the record, I've drunk a LOT of Mountain Dew, and the above is still a problem for me and the wife. Unfortunately (yes, that's right), girth is an issue too, hehe...so gotta be carefull there as well. (btw, I believe the average circumference is 2 inches).

Trying to be clinical here, but guys, sometimes bigger is not better, when it hurts the woman you love....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join