It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijackers, tipped off by France?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In regards to an al Qaeda plot of using an airplane originating from Paris intending to strike a major hotel complex in Las Vegas: Most recent information all but confirms that the hijackers were tipped off by French Intelligence officials despite advisories issued by US Intelligence agencies to await specific orders so that the potential hijackers could be apprehended.

According to Homelandsecurityus.com

Seems possible, but seems that would lead to serious dissention between us and the French.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me in the least.
I'm sure it would be traced back and azzes would get spanked.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I hope not, I just got back to eating French Fries... I would hate to have to go back to eating Freedom Fries

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Also you have sick minds.

France has had much more problems with moslem terrorists and with terrorists ingeneral than US will ever have.

This is #ing hate propaganda..

And you people are racists.. not that you have much base to your claim to be supperior but still..

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
I hope not, I just got back to eating French Fries... I would hate to have to go back to eating Freedom Fries

I have to admit that our govt. comes up withthe stupidest catch phrases and mission names.

I prefered the names filthy fries, funk toast and flatulant kiss.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
To imagane that what is going on in the little brain of yours..

France helping Al-Qaida..

That is not true.

I remind you:

It was made by USA and Saudi Arabia..

The whole of Al-Qaida..

France has nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can we have a link so we could stop the speculations ?
It would be interesting to check out the sources...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
To imagane that what is going on in the little brain of yours..

France helping Al-Qaida..

That is not true.

I remind you:

It was made by USA and Saudi Arabia..

The whole of Al-Qaida..

France has nothing to do with it.

and with as little as France has to do with ANYTHING lately, why would they have anything to do with this?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

France has had much more problems with moslem terrorists and with terrorists ingeneral than US will ever have.

And you people are racists.. not that you have much base to your claim to be supperior but still..

Bla Bla Bla

And here he comes again, popping up like an azz zit.

You dont even need to speak, man. Everyone already knows what you are going to say anyway.

So basicly, you constantly repeat your self, over and over, and over.

It's all anti-American..... no matter what the discussion is you will spew some hate your self out about America.
Hyprcryte!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

then start showing some proof/evidence that shows this, do NOT once again start shooting from your emotional hip and curse people just to be cursing people.

i also challenge those on "the other side" of this to show some kind of evidence that backs up this assertion that france or french intelligence personnel tipped them off.

fulcrum this is not the mud pit and your language wont be tolerated by me in the least. if you're an adult act like one, if not then i suggesst your mother and or father supervise you while you're on the computer. even if you're a child or just havent matured past age 12 try to act like an adult for a change. this board is for debate and learning. an exchange of ideas, not curses, thats why we have the mud pit.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
and with as little as France has to do with ANYTHING lately, why would they have anything to do with this?

What was lat 'BIG' thing for France in 'military way'?

1991 Desert Storm?

Lately..

They have just been adventuring in Africa..

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And you people are racists.. not that you have much base to your claim to be supperior but still.

You crack me up

I guess the only time it not racist is when you spew your stupid s**t about America

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What is there to debate?

Their false claims, that have no reality base..

I wont even bother.

Sick minds poisoned with propaganda.

And also..

That langue filter is for those that cant stand it.

Look at the mirror and stop blaming France and Canana for it all..

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What is there to debate?

Their false claims, that have no reality base..

I wont even bother.

Sick minds poisoned with propaganda.

And also..

That langue filter is for those that cant stand it.

Look at the mirror and stop blaming France and Canana for it all..

hmmm guess you need a lesson...

debate. an exhchange of ideas/opinions/facts to prove your side or disprove the opposing sides argument/assertion.

you have brought ZERO facts to back up your assertion, your opinions are overly biased and we all know it. your language is beyond inflamatory let alone uncalled for. your ideas are well...to be nice about it, too far out there even for some of the far out there people on this board.

you claim they are false. prove it. or are you unable to use a search engine to prove your claims that their claims are false?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is this a claim that the French government tipped of terrorists?
I cant believe that .....Where is the evidence for the outragous claims?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lessons from you?

On matters of Counter Terrorism?

There is not just no way in hell (or earth..) that 'France' would tip off terrorists to not to show up..

Or that they would let terrorists just go..

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Is this a claim that the French government tipped of terrorists?
I cant believe that .....Where is the evidence for the outragous claims?

i already asked to see some proof of this. beat you to it!

actually i asked for proof proving and disproving. not just one or the other. nothing like a good ole fashioned debate to help us form a better opinion of this...beats flaming vulgar language and name calling. wouldnt you agree?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well if only there was something to debate on, honestly...

Dreamz hasn't posted any link or sources, so we have to wait for him before continuing.

Maybe that Fulcrum hasn't provided any proof that what Dreamz brought to us is untrue, but so Dreamz hasn't posted any kind of informations that prove his claims.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Lessons from you?

On matters of Counter Terrorism?

There is not just no way in hell (or earth..) that 'France' would tip off terrorists to not to show up..

Or that they would let terrorists just go..

and your proof to back this up is where?????

all talk and no evidence! gee i wonder who else gets bashed on a daily basis for this same thing....can you guess who it is?

so if you can make accusations and assertions and not have to back them up and you get a free pass on it (or you think you should have one) then they should as well right? seems fair to me.

PROOF BOY. yes you, BOY. bring the proof or continue to sit at the kiddy table.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Link!
Full Story!

France Says No Proof of Hijack Plot Found

PARIS - French investigators questioned seven men pointed out by U.S. intelligence but found no evidence they planned to use a Los Angeles-bound jet to launch terror attacks against the United States, French authorities said Thursday.

American warnings of a plot had prompted Air France to cancel six flights on Wednesday between Paris and Los Angeles ? three in each direction ? amid a stepped-up terror alert level in the United States.

U.S. intelligence officials told their French counterparts that members of the al-Qaida terrorist network would try to board the planes over Christmas, said a French judicial official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The seven questioned men, who all had tickets for Air France Flight 68 to Los Angeles, were on a watch list provided by U.S. authorities, an Interior Ministry spokesman said. But all were released after questioning Wednesday night, the spokesman said.

"There are no longer any investigations," he said.

France's anti-terrorism judicial unit chose not to launch a formal investigation because of a lack of evidence of an attack, the judicial official said. None of the passengers on the canceled flights, including those questioned at the airport, were known to French intelligence authorities or found to have links with Islamic extremist groups, the official said.

Link!
Full Story!

France terror hunt reveals little

The French authorities say they have found little evidence of plans to use US-bound aircraft to launch attacks against US targets over Christmas.

Air France services to and from Los Angeles remain suspended on Thursday because of fears of a possible repeat of the 11 September hijackings.

US security said earlier that a number of suspicious people were planning to board Air France planes.

But French officials said seven men had been freed after questioning.

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry said the men - one French, one American and several Algerians - had been briefly questioned late on Wednesday.

He described the investigation as all but on hold.

A French judicial official added that none of the passengers on the cancelled flights - including those questioned - were known to intelligence authorities or had known links with Islamic radicals.

Link!
Full Story!

Suspicious Passengers Questioned In France

U.S. government officials said yesterday they believe some of the passengers boarding one of the three Air France flights from Paris to Los Angeles that were canceled this week because of security concerns might have intended to hijack it and crash-land in Las Vegas or another city along its flight path.

Police in Paris questioned 13 people who had checked in for two Air France flights that were canceled Christmas Eve because of a terrorism warning from U.S. authorities, but no evidence of wrongdoing was found, the French Interior Ministry said. All 13 were released.

But U.S. officials said they are suspicious about some of the passengers who did not show up at the airport to claim their seats on the ultimately aborted Flight 68 from Paris to Los Angeles. One of those who did not appear for the Christmas Eve flight apparently is a trained pilot, one U.S. official said.

"We still have an interest in talking to those people who didn't show up," said one U.S. official knowledgeable about the investigation. "There might be more to come on this."

Despite French statements suggesting some of the American fears about the Air France flights were unfounded, U.S. government officials said they believe they might have averted a terrorist attack by arranging for the flights' cancellation. Officials said they feared that al Qaeda operatives planned to hijack one of the flights and use the plane as a missile to attack a site on or near its route.

So if anything you SHOULD BE THANKFUL TO THE FRENCH!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join