It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review: Children of Men

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think that the infertility issue is pretty irrelevant to the movie in general, but yet pushes forward the narrative to move things along. Never the less it (imo) is referring to the spiraling population problem which is biting us all in the butt and will (eventually) see our demise. I have seen it four times now and still want to see it again

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just noticed the review for this film, nice job. Overall a fantastic movie, great acting, great cinematography and surreal story.

I saw this video on youtube, and although Nine Inch Nails did not provide any music for the movie, someone took the time to put Trents work together with parts of the film. A very compelling video and nice segue to the movie. Hope you enjoy it.

brill

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just saw this movie and it's awesome..

What I find interesting is what a coworker of mine mentioned to me the other day. He is muslim and we were talking about the anti-christ and the return of jesus in the muslim religion. He basically said that the anti-christ will return and with him death and destruction. Jesus will return to earth shortly after and kill the anti-christ, live for ~40 years and then die. After Jesus has died, humans will be infertile and war and famine will return and we will all perish.

I just found it interesting, what if humans stopped producing children one day.... it is a thought-provoking movie..

[edit on 10/26/2007 by porky1981]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm showing it to my family now, it's such a great film, I saw it about 6 times now. I can't remember the last movie that recieved so many viewings from me. Maybe Apocalypto.

Infertile maybe, but infections of engineered virus and bacteria are inevitable.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw this movie when I went home for Thanksgiving. However, the copy that I watched was a bootleg video, that the audio was horrible. I missed like every 5th word.

I have some questions. What was the meaning of the flying pig? Why did the fish want the baby?
Why did they get arrested?
And was Sid a bad guy or good guy?
And what was suppose to happen once they get on the boat at the end?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join