It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran needs help, but not from Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   

20,000 people die in earthquake in Bam, Iran

BAM, Iran - International rescue teams were flying into Iran on Saturday to join a frantic search for survivors from an earthquake that devastated the ancient Silk Road city of Bam, killing more than 20,000 people.

Two leading rescue officials said the final death toll from Friday's quake, which measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, could be 40,000. "As more bodies are pulled out, we fear that the death toll may reach as high as 40,000. An unbelievable human disaster has occurred," said Akbar Alavi, the governor of Kerman city, the local provincial capital...

Jahanbakhsh Khanjani, a spokesman for Iran's Interior Ministry, said Saturday that Iran would accept aid from all countries of the world, aside from Israel. The announcement followed statements by foreign correspondents in Jerusalem, who reported that the Foreign Ministry had said that unofficial Israeli sources were considering sending aid to Iran. "The Islamic Republic of Iran accepts all kinds of humanitarian aid from all countries and international organizations with the exception of the Zionist regime [Israel]," Khanjani said.

Good lord! Would they really rather let people die than accept aid from Israel?

www.haaretzdaily.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
See...thats what predjudice and politics have done!!!

Let the people suffer because of some stupid grudge!

How could they be that #ing stupid!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is exactly what is wrong with that region. Israeli money is just as good as anyone elses. If these mornoic regimes around that area would realize that Israel just wants to have its own land and live in peace then maybe they wouldnt be such dickheads. Anyways, if the government rather have their people die than except aid, that just tells you how screwed up that area is.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Let them starve.

Just means less terriosts. Just shows how much these "Poor misunderstood" people care about there OWN people much less anyone elses. Every time I here about what terrible things Israel or the US is doing to these poor inocent people I wonder if THEY were in power if they would show nearly the restrant that we do.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
come on..that was harsh!!

I meant that centuries of bigatry and prejudice has made the regions goverments hate each other!!

If they put the diffrences aside for one minute...then maybe they can work together to save thousands of people...probably some of theyre own people were caugh up in the earthquake.

They should get they're heads out of there arses and work together for a better future!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They should get they're heads out of there arses and work together for a better future!!!!

I agree but I have no pity for idiots that will spit on the hand that is reaching out to help them.

By the way I love your avitar

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, beggars can't be choosers now can they.
If they are going to turn down the help and aid to their citizens in a time of need then it shows that the politics are more important then their people.
These people wish to kill every Jew and the Jew is holding out a helping hand?
Who is stopping peace in the east?
(sorry off topic)

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You would probably find that the people buried under the rubble would take ANY hand to pull them out.
Unfortunately it's not up to the people who saves them but up to their government.
What really annoys me is that the govrnor didn't have to make this statement. Why single out Israel? It's almost like he's trying to tie them into a natural disaster.

I don't dislike the people of Iran. But I sincerely hope that their regime burns in hell.

top topics

join