It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi,

My name is Hyde. Well, not really. I'm a fan of That 70's show, so it seemed like a perfect fit when I made this username. After all, he'd be the character most likely to visit these forums, right?

Anyway, here's a few Q&A's that I generally get asked during the introduction stage when I'm posting on other forums.

What made you join?
Conspiracy theory's are fun. Who doesn't like a good conspiracy theory? I don't take 90% of them seriously, because usually it's something someone pulls out of their, umm... hat. Still, 10% of them are hard to ignore (example: 9/11 being a controlled demolition).

I like to do my own research on topics that interest me. I can't count how many times I'll come across a topic that I don't know much about while I'm surfing the net and google it.

By the way, anybody else feel that the movie, "The Secret", is nothing more then a scam to make more impulse shoppers?

Which topics interest you?
I'm sort of interested in all the topics. As said above, 90% of them I don't take seriously. However, they're still fun to read.

What kind of posters do you like?
Intelligent posters. I like someone who will present the facts when they post and show their sources. People who actually do a little research before they post. I cannot stand when someone posts a new topic and it's nothing more then an opinion or something they thought about five seconds before posting the topic.

What kind of music do you like?
(I know it's not related to this forum, but people still seem to ask it)
Like a lot of people now-of-days, I'll listen to anything that's catchy. A few songs that I've been playing recently: Beach Boys - "Kokomo", Jamie Kennedy - "Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot", The Fray - "How To Save A Life", Seal - "Fly Like An Eagle", Three Days Grace - "Pain", Stone Sour - "Looking Through The Glass" and Venga Boys - "Sex On The Beach"

What are YOU like outside of the forums, Hyde?
Well, I'm 22 years old. I'm an assistant manager at Subway. I still consider the job temporary, even though I've been there for three years. It's just until I decide to go to college and do something better with my life. I'm into a variety of different things. Drawing and computer animation, making web-comics, photoshop, blogging, video-blogging on YouTube, computers in general, taking electronics apart and attempting to fix them (I never really can fix them, though), etc. In the summer, I like getting people together and playing basketball.

I can't help being all over the place with my hobby's and talent's. I have a lot of idea's begging to come out. Plus, I spent a lot of time alone when I was younger, so I was constantly finding stuff to do. As I got older, I became a lot more social.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me in a nutshell. Any questions?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No questions from myself (yet), only a short remark about your obvious writing skills and intelligent comments.

I'm sure you're going to become a treasured member quickly.

So, welcome and get posting more already.

If you have any questions, you have the ability to contact staff by clicking their names on the home page or by just clicking on mine.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello Hyde70 and welcome to ATS! Immerse yourself for endless conspiracy theory speculation from subjects from government to society.

signed,
/Whitetiger

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
No questions from myself (yet), only a short remark about your obvious writing skills and intelligent comments.

I'm sure you're going to become a treasured member quickly.

So, welcome and get posting more already.

If you have any questions, you have the ability to contact staff by clicking their names on the home page or by just clicking on mine.

Thank you for the compliment. Personally, I don't think my writing is that good, but I'll take it.
I guess it's better then, "HI'Z!!!!!1!!!1!!!! OMGZ! I WUZ JUST ON THE W3B @ I CAME ACROSS THIZ W3BSIYEET! HOLLA!!!!!1!!!111!!".

Haha, probably just ruined my own introductory thread with that.

Thank you, deessell, Whitetiger, and enjoies05.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
grrrr.... do not pretend ur a demon if u arnt one

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nice intro, Hyde70 anyone every say you talk a lot
Just kidding welcome to ATS

PS don't take the Troll bait

[edit on 28/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Nice intro, Hyde70 anyone every say you talk a lot
Just kidding welcome to ATS

[edit on 28/3/2007 by Sauron]

Thanks. They say quite the opposite actually. They usually say that I don't talk enough.

Quick question. What exactly does it mean when a thread is flagged? I've seen some good posts and some extremely bad posts being flagged, so I'm confused. On other forums, a flagged post is generally a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A post flagged often enough winds up headlined on the Home Page.

Here, flagging is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
A post flagged often enough winds up headlined on the Home Page.

Here, flagging is a good thing.

Haha, that's going to be hard to get used to. Thanks for the help. I don't think I have anymore questions. If I do, I'll ask a staff member.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwolfprincess
grrrr.... do not pretend ur a demon if u arnt one

please stop playing games little girl, its not getting you anywhere.

Welcome Hyde, enjoy your stay and ignore the miscreants

[edit on 28-3-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Don't forget to start your Profile Page by adding sometrhing into the comments section... it's new, exciting and all the ATS rage.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm currently working on that as we speak masqua. Haha. I'm just trying to think of what to say. So far, I have "welcome!".

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Welcome Hyde, enjoy your stay

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyde70
It's a conspiracy!

Yes, most of it is. I don't think we are getting the full picture.

What made you join?

I was looking for information on UFOs.

Which topics interest you?

UFOs mostly, most other topics as well.

What kind of posters do you like?

Humble, diplomatic, Intelligent, logical, rational, humourous ones. The qualities I lack.

What kind of music do you like?

Anytype as long as I like the tunes, I can't make out the words in most of the songs unfortunate, this may make me an easy target for subconscious brainwashing. I think....

What are YOU like outside of the forums, Hyde?

I am a little paranoid about letting people on the net know too much about me. Mostly because of the hackers and unethical government agents.

Welcome to the ATS.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
Welcome to the ATS.

Thank you.
You guys really know how to make a man feel the love. I'm feeling a little paranoid already!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome, Hyde70!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

new topics

top topics

join