It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would an alien *look* like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In your eyes, what would a potential alien from space look like? If you think about it, aliens could look like anything. but if you saw an alien....what would you WANT it to look like?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just like the Asgards on Stargate SG1....Greys...that would be cool.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Gee I dont know.... Big, Mean, and ugly?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think for the most part when most people think of Aliens we think of "short, grey-skinned, big-headed creatures with large black eyes". That image or description has become pounded into our subconcious for years. Just like abduction reports. If you asked a random person on the street to come up with an abduction story right then and there, they would say they woke up on a table in round room with these gray aliens standing over them, they did some strange tests, and released them.

I think to most people Aliens are short and gray with big heads and eyes. UFO's are flying saucer shaped. And abduction involves waking up on a table in a spaceship.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
In your eyes, what would a potential alien from space look like? If you think about it, aliens could look like anything. but if you saw an alien....what would you WANT it to look like?
It would be cool if the alien was a biomechanical specimen with the ability to morph in different ways. Maybe the alien could fly its aircraft just by hooking up wires to it's head and using 'thought' to fly. I like the traditional image of the grey, only I would add the ability of it to be bio-mechanical.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
all aliens must have black chitinous armor and have acid for blood .. end of story!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The theory of evolution has yet to pan out as being factual regarding the creation of life on this planet, but if its real, then theories on convergent evolution could mean that aliens would look quite similar to us.

Convergent evolution is when different life forms take different evolutionary paths to reach the same goal. Things such as birds and insects both having wings, but being completely different in design and structure. Even the eyes of insects and other animals are very different, but serve the same purpose.

If our theories on the evolution of intelligence on this planet are true, then perhaps on other planets intelligence happens in a similar fashion. Scientists here speculate that humans first got smart by walking upright and freeing our upper limbs to manipulate tools. This stimulated thought which blossomed into intelligence. It could very well be that aliens went through a very similar process. That doesn't mean they would look exactly like us, but share qualities similar to us such as walking upright (if they only had four limbs) and having "arms" with which to manipulate their environment. Communication would be the next key step. They most likely have complex vocalization and talk to each other much as humans would. With completely different languages, of course.

However, it could all be smoke and mirrors. Evolution could be sham proposed by scientists to keep us from imagining other methods of creation. We humans could be the result of genetic engineering from another alien race that looks exactly like us or similar to us and made us in their image.

From what I've read by Robert Dean whom I trust without reason to question him currently. There are indeed ETs that look exactly like humans. Greys too. I guess we will find out eventually.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'd want it to look like something that wouldn't make me spontaneously

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would want them to be exact replicas of Jessica Alba, and they wish to make me their Emperor and grant my every wish.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
what i'd LIKE the aliens to look like would be 5'10 blue eyed blondes with slim bodies and a D-Cup bust... coz after travelling light years their bound to be horny as hell and i'm sure my GF cant say no to an intersteller threesome...

But really i'd go with the greys look or possibly nordics or reptilian... you never know could look like a gas cloud for all we know

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Adding a little more to what Heelstone has posted, don't you think that the aliens most likely to stick around the longest on their visits here would be the ones that find Earth to be the most like their home planets? And, if such, the odds are fairly high that the conditions that led to evolution on both planets also led to lifeforms that have some basic similarities. This is, in fact, why never mind ...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What would they look like? Exactly like my icon. What would I want them to look like? Exactly like my icon. (for anyone who reads this later, my icon may have changed to something not an alien...)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If i was to describe what i WANTED an alien to look like...it'd look like something out the movie 'Alien'

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   

www.burlingtonnews.net...

My Personal Opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I want aliens to be about 6 inches high, and as brittle as glass....that way, if they want to try and take over, we'll simply step on 'em..... Unfortunately, they seem to be more of this variety...

1. about 4 1/2 feet tall
2. hard, rubbery gray skin, very impact resistant
3. fragile looking limbs, but surprisingly strong, (due to the hard skin, and tight knit muscle)
4. large black eyes, double-lidded
5. dual-duty heart lung organ
6. psychic ability, as far as limited telekinesis, telepathy, remote viewing
7. small mouth, ears, nose slits
8. no teeth, just a hard gum for digesting processed foods.

The aliens seem to be engineered for space travel, but could also simply have evolved that way after centuries of such travel.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Like the Michelin man? Pilsbury Doughboy?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
the video is here if any of you are interested.

www.subversiveelement.com...

tz

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think they look like this.

members.cox.net...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I dunno, I think the most realistic possibility would be that of the Nordic type / human types. Yeah, I could be dead wrong, because it is the Universe, the possibilites are unlimited! I would want them to look sort of like humans, and they would have to definitaly be friendly

-wD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think that the question is kind of vague. It's like an 'alien' asking it's race "Hey, when we get to Earth, what do you think the creatures will look like?" Well, there are all sorts of creatures on our planet - fish, worms, humans, dogs, etc. I think an alien will look like anything, depending on the planet it's from.

Otherwise I think they might slightly resemble George Bush

top topics

<<   2 >>

join