It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you help settle a new planet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
im not married so what the hell if i had the chance to go i would go sounds pretty actually you think by the time we if we did return to earth how it would be changed.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally i think the reason we would start colonizing planets is because the earth would be over populated and dieing, so they would start colonization of another planet to ease the pressure but earth would always be the same, once the earths resources have gone they would have to do it anyway or we humans would die out, basically were like a virus infect one cell jump to the next and do it all over again, unless we actually grow up as race and see what were doing and rectify the problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ummm well I wouldnt at the moment.

In all seriousness, I will share a widdle bit.... when all my weird stuff was happening, I saw and heard a lot... yes..
quite strange, eh?

BUT... 'they' showed me a new planet... and 'they' showed me the present Earth. Well, our Earth is too dense, there are too many souls on the planet, so those souls who have reached a point of development can go to the new Earth... sounds trippy la la, doesnt it? Well, yeah... I reckon it is too.

But, there are people there already, setting up camp. = 4th dimension stuff. We 'they' claim are in 3rd dimension. Alrighty then... next thing is 'they' showed me how we 'seeded' Earth originally... have you ever seen the deep sea creatures way down in the abyss? Well they exist and the only way you can see them is by bio iluminesence... so 'they' showed me 'how' souls travel and it is by bio iluminesence. We on Earth are in another womb... the aura that we have is a womb, similar analogy to coming out of your mother's womb and the water breaks...
For those to go to the 4th dimension Earth or 'seed' it, that is how they get there. No death... just take your energy and go onto the next happening thang....and of course you leave 'the host' behind. Trippy trippy...

oh and there was a new Sun too.
being 'energised' right behind the other one... (but we can't see that)

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry NJE777 but i have no idea what your talking about, have you posted something that would help me understand what your talking about and if so could i have a link ?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
I'm sorry NJE777 but i have no idea what your talking about, have you posted something that would help me understand what your talking about and if so could i have a link ?

Well there is bits and pieces all over ATS. At first, being all religious and all, I just freaked out and so I put it into an biblical understanding. *sigh...but now, I understand a bit more. I posted a thread on the UFO section warning people of abductions... but I was still at that point.... ooooooo satan, nephilim etc. So I put up what I had but it wasn't complete as my understanding wasn't complete and all I got for my efforts was a barrage of
and
so now, I don't share very much and havent since then. Most people think your a crackpot... and thats the last thing you want to hear when your experiencing weirdness or anything out of the ordinary...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
NJE777, I'd love to hear more about this planet.

Hopefully, I'll be enlightened enough to make it there someday

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Absolutely!! Beam me up Scotty!!

Unless of course I was only going to be some sort of labor for the people in charge and not have a say in how things are running.Travel all that way just to hand me a pick axe and tell me to start digging isn't going to fly with me.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For me, this really would be a dream come true. I spent my entire childhood dreaming of the day I would leave this Earth as a colonizing scientist on another world. But then, we stopped going back to the moon... Challenger blew up...
and somewhere along the way, our nation got sidetracked and we began sinking more and more money into the ISS, which I see value in (don't get me wrong), but lacks imagination and public appeal. Now, the best I can hope for is for the war in Iraq to end so that the budget cuts reducing available grants can eventually be restored and allow me to continue my mundane, terrestrial work. Science has gotten really dull for space nuts like us! Man, it seems like the only way to get funding is to work in biomedical research or to try and sell your ideas as alternative fuel sources. Very sad.
My brain is rotting as I type. I come here to escape... to dream of things I had hoped to experience but can only imagine now. Growing up sucks!
If someone came up to me tomorrow and asked me to join the ranks of the first extraterrestrial colony, I would not need to be asked twice. I have never felt truly connected to people here and I think that if I were to move in with others who share my interests, I would feel a lot better. My explorer's spirit is chained to terra firma and waiting eagerly for the chance to break the "Earthling" mold I feel forced into! Ride a UFO? Sure! Trade places with a grey for the day? You bet!
There are so many beautiful things to see and I am tired of seeing them all through the eyes of Hubble, et al. ET! Where the heck are you? Did you forget to pick me up? Stop the planet! I want to get off!
Seriously! Before I started reading everyone else's posts, I had never heard anyone else express the same feelings I have. I have heard it is human nature to feel drawn towards the stars but if that's so, then why are we allowing ourselves to get so bogged down by issues down here? Once we understand how small we are and how little we have actually SEEN in the world, there is an insatiable desire to learn more... if only those in charge could see what we dream about.
Great topic!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would definitely go, without a second thought. It's actually a recurring fantasy /daydream of mine and even invades my night-time dreams, from time to time. To actually be a part of the first group of homosapiens to explore and colonize a new planet? Hell yes! When do we leave?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If it was a private space program I think I would go without question. But I wouldnt go with some random company doing it. I dont have any kids or a spouse yet so I dont have to worry about them but I would want my friends to go because I cant live with out them. But appart from that I think it would be really cool to go and do.

-fm

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis
A couple of problems with this..

Do you really think the same space agencies are going to being around in 400 years? What if something on Earth goes horribly wrong, ie comet, plague, world war and you're left drifting through space only to reach the new planet and there's no support from Earth?

Is the idea behind the colonization to go there and enver hear from Earth again? Or what?

There would be no support from Earth - at least you would have to assume so. Not that it would even matter...

Even if those same agencies were around (or better ones), it would take 400 years for any messages you had for them to get back to Earth. Assuming they got on a spaceship immediately in response to your message, it would take another 400 years for them to get to you - to help - which wouldn't do you any good because if you were still around 800 years after you needed help, chances are you figured out a solution to your problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So let's say about 200 years after your ship left Earth, the technology on Earth created a new way to wormhole to the planet of destination instantly. So they travel to the new planet and start a civilization. 200 more years go by...

So your crew of 2000 wakes up upon arrival to the new planet, only to find that Futuristic Earthlings have already been living there for 200 years. Your whole mission was for nothing. You left your life, family, friends, and Earth behind....for nothing.

That would be a trippy science-fiction novel. It would be even worse if the people on the ship were not frozen - what if they lived through a few generations - teaching their children that the whole purpose of their lives was to get to a new planet to start a new civilization. Those children pass the story of purpose on to their children and so forth.

Only to find out that their purpose was for nothing. Wow. Not to mention the culture shock! That would be like if Christopher Columbus left Spain in 1491 only to arrive to New York today. The entire world has changed.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Imagine, instead, that you wake up after your 400 year voyage to find out that the earth stopped sending communications over 200 years ago.

You search the computer records of what was transmitted up to the point that they stopped and you find out that most likely the earth has used up its natural rexources and few if anyone has survived.

You're on your own.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
If I wasn't married, the answer is YES I would.
However I am married with children, and I would never subject them to the risks.

i agree with lombozo, if i wasn't married yes i would go. if it were just me then i'd have no problem going but i would miss my friends and earth. with a wife and kids in a strange world u cannot ensure their protection and the kids deserve to grow up having a normal life instead of being stripped from the one t hey currently have.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Imagine, instead, that you wake up after your 400 year voyage to find out that the earth stopped sending communications over 200 years ago.

You search the computer records of what was transmitted up to the point that they stopped and you find out that most likely the earth has used up its natural rexources and few if anyone has survived.

You're on your own.

ok for one everyone is acting as if the messages are gonna take forever to get there. for one messages will probably be sent a hell of alot faster then it took for the ships to get there with advanced satelites around the time we have the technology to colonize other planets. the messages might even be instant but if not then they will at least be faster. and if we were on our own then oh well that's the reason we were sent out to colonize another planet and to cary on the human race. even if earth used all it's natural resources im sure humans wouldn't die just like that. we would find ways to keep living off of other stuff and i'm sure not all resources will ever be depleted. odds are this wouldn't be the only colony ship sent out.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would go. I think that I would be lucky to be chosen and I would not just turn it down. I think that there is so much good on Earth, but also so much wrong. It would be great to be a part of creating a new Earth, where the mistakes of th past may not repeat themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry. Double post.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Dreamingsinger]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join